Monday Mornings

This is the first time i've tried writing a conversation thats just texting/messaging, so sorry if it isn't the best. Thanks again for reading everyone and for voting and commenting. It means so much XX

------------------

*Time skip over Sunday*

I sat on my bed in my room back up at the house, I had to get a start on my online readings and assignments for my summer classes. The riding centre was closed on Mondays, so David and Carol used the day to give the horses a rest and then do the odd jobs around the grounds.

I closed my eyes for a few moments trying to focus myself again, Sunday had gone by pretty quickly, most of the clients were regular visitors and everything seemed to run pretty smoothly. I had been able to hide away in the office for most of the day, including for lunch, as I claimed I had to start on my reading list for the summer in between taking bookings and payments from the clients.

I had only seen Sebastian a couple of times, mostly in passing, he had come into the office once in the morning, asking if there had been any cancellations for his lessons, and if there was anything he could do to help in between in his classes. We hadn't even had lunch together on Sunday, he chose to go back to his room, staying away from everyone else as well.

I sighed starting to read over my course notes again, I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. I swiped across the screen seeing the message.

[Bold Mother/Italics Alex]

Hey Alex, just wanted to see how things were going with you. Hoping you have settled in well XX

Thanks Mum, sorry I haven't had much of a chance to talk properly yet. I've been trying to help David and Carol with the scheduling for their classes and then preparing for the summer camps. Everyone's been really welcoming.

Thats wonderful to hear honey, how are you going with Moonglow? David called your father earlier and said you went for a ride the other day with him.

Yeah one of the guys that work with David and Carol has started helping me with him, I only did a few laps at a walk but I guess it's a start? I'm still trying to work out what I want to do though.

Alex, we're both really proud of you, and it's completely your choice on what you do next, we wanted you to have a few more weeks at least with Moonglow, to decide on what you really wanted. You're going to work out what you want, Alex but we both know you aren't going to turn your back on the equestrian world even if you stop competing.

I sighed reading that last message, it was true the equestrian world had become my world, ever since I first sat on that pony almost 10 years ago. I had just started feeling so different since the accident, that I had gone to give up everything so quickly, and my mind was still running a thousand miles an hour trying to sort everything out at times.

Thanks Mum, that means so much to me, you and Dad have been so supportive of me, David and Carol have been great too, and Sebastian has done so much for me already, he seems to really understand what I'm going through.

Sebastian seems like a really nice person then if he is helping you out.

Yeah, he was the one who made you guys transfer Moonglow down here for the summer. He said he knew what it was like to drop everything. I think I'm going to start working towards just riding again for now, and just trying to spend time with Moonglow.