Sunset Confessions

I reached over to play around with the radio, my hands becoming restless as I sat back and watched the scenery pass by us. I finally settled on a radio station, before glancing over at Sebastian who had begun humming along to the music playing, His hands tapping on the steering wheel in sync with the beat.

'Where exactly are you taking me?' I asked, trying to control my voice from sounding too excited.

Sebastian quickly glanced over, showing off a smirk at me, ' would you let me get away with saying it's a surprise' he laughed,taking one hand off the steering wheel to rest it on my leg for a few moments, 'but trust me I know you'll love it' turning back to focus on the road as he turned off onto a side road leading us into the wilderness of Green Meadow.

'Hmm maybe I should have told Carol where I was going exactly' I said, 'for all I know you could be taking me to some secret underground lair' I laughed, ' planning to kidnap me'

'Lex, you really need to stop reading and watching teen fiction things' Sebastian laughed. 'Besides I think you know me pretty well' he sighed looking forward, 'more than most people anyway' he added.

I smiled at his comment, I really appreciated how open we had become with each other, I knew we both were holding onto parts of our past for now, but we both had developed something special and unique between us.

'Would it be cliche if I asked you to close your eyes for a few moments' Sebastian said,slowing the car down, as he looked over at me.

'Hmm first sign of someone planning to kidnap you' I smirked back at him.

'Please Lex?' he pleaded, with an attempt at puppy dog eyes.

'You're looking pretty cute right now' I laughed, reaching out to touch his upper arm,' but sure, if it means that much to you, but no blindfold, I hate them'

He leaned over to kiss my cheek, my hand still rested on his upper arm, as he rested his hand now on my thigh, as he started the car up again, I closed my eyes for a moment, before sneakily trying to see where we were headed.

'Don't even think you can  get away with a taking a quick glance' I felt him laugh next to me, as he raided his hand to now rest over my eyes.'Just a few more minutes' he added, letting his hand fall back onto my thigh once he was sure I wouldn't take a glance again.

-----------------------------------------------

I felt the car come to a stop, and I waited for Sebastian's cue that I was allowed to open my eyes again. I felt him shift in the seat next to me, one hand still resting on my leg, whilst I felt the other one reached over and quickly start tickling my rib cage. Taking that as my cue I opened my eyes, trying to pull away from his grasp on me.

'Lex, I really hope you like it up here' he said, quickly jumping out of the car, and coming around to open my door, he helped me out of the car, resting his hand on my hip, as he reached into the back of the car, to grab a basket.

He reached down to take my hand in his, as he started leading the way down a trail path that seemed to lead down to the water. As we reached the bottom of the trail, we turned around the corner coming out of the trail, we were greeted with a beautiful view of the lake.

'Wow, how did you even find this place' I said, looking around, 'It's beautiful out here' I turned to face him.

'It's just one of the few true beautiful things I've been able to see, since my move out here' he said, placing the basket down next to us. He then pulled me into a hug against his chest. I could feel him taking a deep breathe, as my breathing started to become in sync with his.

He stepped back, 'I want to show you something' his hand enveloped my own smaller one, and he led me down to some of the trees along with lake, and we came alongside one that seemed to have grown  out towards the water, giving us the perfect seat to enjoy the sunset together.

'Who knew trees we harded to climb onto, then alive animal' I laughed, trying to jump up on the low hanging branch, to only have Sebastian come up behind me to give me a lift up. 

Once I was settled he quickly pulled himself up to sit alongside me, he reached over to pull me closer to him, as now my head rest on his shoulder, as he wrapped his arm around me and we enjoyed the comfortable silence between us as we viewed the sun starting to set.

Sebastian moved his arm around me, before leaning his head down to rest on top of my own, as he started to take a deep breath before speaking.

'I don't think I have ever felt this comfortable with someone before' he said, his voice barely above a whisper as our bodies seemed to mould together like puzzle pieces.

I nodded in agreement, reaching over to rest my hand on his, I knew what he meant, even though this type of relationship was new to me, ever since the accident I hadn't felt comfortable, no matter where I was  or who I had been around. I took a deep breath, wanting to reply, but my mind started racing with a thousand thoughts, as I looked out over the lake. I felt Sebastian lift his head up, turning to face me whilst trying not to lose his balance on the branch.

'I know what that look means Lex' he said, squeezing my hand as he moved it to rest on his leg. 'Whats going on inside that brain of yours'

I looked up at him, trying to sort out my thoughts, not wanting them to come out all at once, ' my brain at times just can't seem to enjoy the moment' I sighed.

'Lex, we are both probably thinking the same thing' he said, sounding reassuring, ' I know you're all going to feel like this is moving fast' he paused for a moment,'we did only meet properly just over a week ago'

I decided to jump in, ' It's not even the timing, or how fast this has developed, but what happens after summer, I'm meant to move back home, go back to studying full time, hopefully training again' I started rattling things off as they came into my mind.

'Lex, please listen to me' He butted in before I could continue, ' I don't want to force you into this, and if you want, we can take a step back'

"No'I quickly jumped in and spoke, ' I'm sorry, I sort of just panic and then can't stop thinking about the future, one of my worst traits..'

'Not a bad trait to have Lex, just promise me if you need to speak to someone about anything, you come and find me, I don't even care if it's middle of the day or night, I just want you to know I'm here for you' he said, 'besides I also have similar concerns and worries but this means a lot to me'  gesturing between the two of us and leaning in close toward me, I reached up as our lips met for a quick kiss.

'Besides every summer has a story to tell, maybe this is just the beginning of ours' he added,unwrapping his arm from around my body and quickly jumping down from the branch, so he now stood in front of me.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer toward me, realising this is how I hoped the rest of summer would feel, I was starting to enjoy this feeling of content, every moment we got to spend together, I hoped the rest of the Summer would be like this for the two of us, being able to hide away and just enjoying each others company.