Crazy Saturdays [Part Four]

I sat in the office, starting to sort through the paperwork from today's, I sighed to myself, it had been such a busy day with lessons, welcoming new clients and still getting use to everything that was involved with the daily running of the stables. I glanced out the window, seeing Rebecca and David taking the rest of the horses out to the paddock for the night.

'Alex, we're going to have a quick run down with everyone in the kitchen, if you want to come along' Carol said, popping her head into the office, her hands full carrying a saddle and bridle,

'Sure thing be there in 5' I said, turning to face her, but she had already left heading over to the tack room. I decided  would just come back after the catch up to finish with the paperwork,I didn't want it to accumulate with tomorrow's, nor did I want to have to spend Monday morning catch up with all the office stuff.

I grabbed my phone and headed over to the communal kitchen, seeing a few other people ponder in as I went and grabbed a cup of water. I sat down at the table, and waited for David and Carol to come in.

'How did everyone find today' David said, working into the room and taking a seat at the head of the table, with Carol taking a seat next to him.

I nodded along with everyone else in the office, 'everything seemed to run pretty smoothly, but the office is a little crazy with all the paperwork and taking the payments but I can fix that up after this and then tomorrow I can make sure it runs a little smoother'

Carol interrupted me ' you did a wonderful job today Alex, It was partially my blame anyway, I got you to help me out this afternoon, when everyone else was busy with their own classes and jobs around the stables'

'I didn't mind helping out' I added, making sure my aunt knew I was more then happyto help out. 'Maybe in the mornings I can focus on office duties,and then after lunch help you guys in the stables with the horses and clients'
David and Carol nodded in agreement, 'Sounds like a good idea, just let me know how you go over the next few days, from Tuesday it will start getting a little crazier with our first round of summer programs starting'

I zoned out for for a little while, hearing David discuss the horses with Carol and Rebecca, I looked around the room, noticing Sebastian wasn't speaking up, like I thought he would be, with his own suggestions and thoughts.

I heard Carol mention two of the new students, Laura and Luke, and how she had hoped they both would continue. I sighed to myself , thinking of how Lukes mother treated me earlier this afternoon.  I decided not to say anything now, but made a mental note to talk to Carol or David about her later, I was worried she might become a bit of a problem, and start pushing us to fast forward Luke's riding program.

I was brought out of my own thoughts, hearing a few chairs being pushed back, I looked up notcing everyone was leaving the kitchen area. I got up and grabbed a cup of water before turning to leave, I noticed Sebastian was hanging just out by the front door.

I walked out, and nodded in his direction, 'I was going to go and see Moonglow for a little bit after I catch up with stuff in the office' I said, hoping he would offer to come over with me for a little bit.

I knew he was still agitated by our lunch time conversation, but I wanted him to feel comfortable with me, I didn't want to push him further.

'I have a few things that Davids asked me to do actually,' He said, not even glancing down towards me. He flipped his phone in his hands, before starting to walk down the pathway to the other side of the stables.

I sighed watching him walk away, we had been back to joking around earlier this afternoon in the office, having our usual banter. We had only known each other for a few days, but it had already started feeling like I had known him for most of my life.

I had started to become really open and honest with him, and just as I started finding out about his past, he tried to shut it down, as if he was worried I was going to shun our friendship over his history..

I ran a hand through my hair, my mind running through those articles headlines I had run over this morning. I needed to know what had happened, I wanted him to tell me himself, but if he wasn't going too, how was I meant to help him overcome his own problems? I thought to myself as I headed back down to the office.

I glanced at the computer screen, clicking on the history button,I noticed this afternoon's browser history had been deleted.  I was about to search the internet again, when I heard someone walk up behind me. I quickly turned around, not even trying to close the screen. My heart pounded as I came face to face with David.

'I cleared the history earlier Alex' He said, he seemed to be towering over me, making me shrug further into the chair I was sitting on.  'I didn't want him finding out you had been snooping around' his voice sounded harsh, he was trying to tell me off, like a parent would tell thier child off.  His eyes not leaving mine as he glared down at me.

'I just want to know what happened' I said, I know I probably sounded a bit pushy, but I wanted, no NEEDED to try and help him. 'He started opening up to me over lunch, but now he has completely shut down'

'I saw you guys earlier, you were mucking around  out the front of the stables earlier, after lunch, I know Sebastian, he will tell you Alex when he is ready' David said, stressing the fact he would eventually open up to me.

'He really likes you Alex, but you and I both know you both have issues that need fixing, I do think you're both helping each other out, you've both already started changing a great deal since you arrived Alex' David said, taking a step back, as so I could stand up.

'Carol told me, you know a lot about what happened' I said, trying to see if David would at least give me a little bit more information.

'Yeah he has spoken to me a bit about what happened, a lot I have also just heard through word of mouth' David said, running a hand through his dark blonde hair. 'You know how the equestrian world can get, somethings just get blown out of proportion'

I nodded sighing, I know first hand what it could be like, I was currently dealing with my own issues from my accident, things had definitely blown out of proportion.

'You just need to wait for him to open up, I don't want to be the in between guy' David said, 'But I know he will come to you when he is ready, he just needs space, like we all do at times, don't feel offended by him choosing to take a step back'

'Thanks David' I said, turning back to face the desk, 'Im just going to finish up and then check on Moonglow'

He nodded, 'I'll see you for dinner then' he said turning to leave.

I sighed, flicking  through the paperwork and placing it in the correct folders on the shelves. I quickly finished up before heading next door to see Moonglow. I glanced out towards the other paddocks, noticing someone working out in the arena. A second glance told me it was Sebastian,riding one of the school horses. I saw him doing some canter circles, I could  tell even from this far away that he was slightly frustrated.

I headed to the next row of stalls, slipping into the last stall, wrapping my hands around the large grey's neck. I buried my head into his shoulder, sighing, thinking about everything that was happening, and I felt a few tears run down my cheeks.

I knew I was just feeling worked up about my own problems, but now I was also worried about Sebastian. I let my hands bury themselves into this mane not caring how long I stood there.