Crazy Saturday's [Part Two]

I opened a new window on the computer, and opened it up to google, typing in American Show Jumping Sebastian - realising I actually didn't know his last name, hoping there wasn't too many Sebastian's on the circuit.

After hitting enter, I saw a few different pages show up, and a few newspaper headlines too-

Rising Equestrian star, calls it Quits after tragic accident

Stans haste decision to exit the Equestrian World

Sebastian sells the Stan stallions, in bid to exit Equestrian eventing

I clicked out of the screen I was on, choosing not to read any of the articles, I wanted Sebastian to tell me himself what had happened. I didn't need to read someone's own thoughts and opinions on the obvious accident that had occurred. Besides curiosity killed the cat right?

I sighed to myself, running my hands along the desk,I looked out the window and saw Sebastian teaching a group of young kids about 10 years old maybe out in the arena. I smiled at seeing how professional he looked as he explained to the group the exercises he wanted them to be doing.

I looked back at the screen, typing a few things in a document and then turned when I heard Carol walk in. 'Hey'

'Hey, what happened during lunch, between the two of you' Carol asked, looking out the window as if to gesture toward Sebastian.

I knew I could be honest with her, so I stood up and walked closer to her, leaning on the cabinet next to the doorway, 'I spoke to him about what happened in town, and he started opening up to me about his past, I questioned him a little too much I think and he got up and left,'

'He looked really bothered when he came back into the stables' Carol said, 'but you got him to speak about his past, he hasn't told anyone here about what happened '

'Do you know what happened?' I asked, wanting to know if he had spoken to anyone around here.

'He hasn't spoken to me, but David knows a bit about Sebastian's past riding experience and what happened a few years ago' Carol said, looking out the window, 'but I just know he's dealt with a lot in the past few years, before coming here'

I sighed, running through everything he had told me, and the newspaper articles I had glanced at, 'I didn't mean to push him, he was telling me how he knew Chris Evans and then once thing led to another'

'Oh what brought him up' Carol asked, glancing at me.

'He was the one I bumped into in town, he spoke to me, then passed me his card' I said, 'I didn't know his family owned a centre next town over, and Sebastian said he knew him'

'Yeah I have met the Evans crew a few times, they all seemed nice, but they are heavily competitive' Carol said, sighing as she walked over to the desk to pick up the lesson schedule for this afternoon.

'I have a few quick turn over lessons this afternoon, any chance you're free to help me out with them?' she said, changing the subject.

I nodded, 'What did you need?'

'They are going to be all privates, except for 1 of them, but I need you to help me get the clients ready they are all first time riders, except the group class' Carol said, scanning through the information in her hand. 'Everyone else is busy with the other classes and getting the horses ready'

'Sure thing, what's the next lesson time' I asked, slipping my phone into my pocket and looking over at the whiteboard with the class lists written on it. 'Come on we don't have long, who are we using'

'I'll get the horse ready, can you help the people, they'll need to be fitted with a helmet from the tack room, and get them to fill out that paperwork as well' Carol said, picking up the copy of the riding policy.

I nodded reaching out to grab it, and then slipped a pen in my pocket, before leaving the office to head over to the tack room. I was interrupted in my thoughts as I crossed the pathway,

'Hey, I'm here for a lesson, I'm not really sure where to go?'

I looked up to see a girl, about 18 years old, with strawberry blond hair pulled into a plait over her shoulder.

'Hey, my names Alex, nice to meet you?' I said, holding my hand out for her.

'It's Laura' the girl said, shaking hands with me, before taking a step back, she seemed to be pretty nervous.

'I just need you to quickly fill this out - we just need to know a bit about your riding history, and then have an emergency contact for yourself, just in case something happens' I held out the form and a pen, noticing she seemed a bit nervous at my mention of an emergency contact. 'Don't worry, its just an in case of situation, which I highly doubt anything will happen, but horses can be unpredictable'

Laura smilled as she took the form and the pen, starting to fill it out. I glanced at what she was wearing, a pair of skinny jeans, boots and a simply flannel shirt, making a mental note to let her know she would probably want a pair of jodphurs or breeches if she was going to continue on.

I checked over the form, smiling to myself admiring her neat writing, and making a mental note her emergency contact was her mum. 'Let's go get you fitted for a helmet, then I can take you down to meet your horse'

Laura grabbed a helmet from the wall in the tack room, and it was the right fit, I made sure it was adjusted for her chin, and checking it didn't move around too much on her head to cover her eyes. We walked back past the office, 'Do you want to leave your bag in here?' I asked noticing she still carried her shoulder bag.

As she went inside the office, I saw Sebastian walk in with his students from their lesson. I looked over at him, trying to see how he was going after our earlier discussion, but he seemed too focused on his group, helping them untack and brush down thier horses.

I walked Laura over to the indoor arena, Carol was already waiitng for us, adjusting the girth of the horse. Laura took a step forward, sizing herself up against the gelding.

'Hey Carol, this is Laura' I said taking a few steps forward getting Carols attention.

'Nice to meet you Laura, this is Commanche' Carol said, pointing to the horse, 'Don't worry he is a pretty gentle and he is great for beginners'

Laura nodded, stepping forward to reach out and give him a pat.

'Ready to jump on?' Carol asked, pulling down the stirrups on both sides of the saddle, after giving them a moment to get aquinted.

I waited till Laura was mounted,giving her a reassuring smile, even though I'd been riding for so many years, I still remembered what it was like getting the butterflies in my stomache, and the feeling of actually being in control of the horse, and learning so many new skills at once.

Once the lesson was underway I headed back to the office, I had a few more things to check on and then I had to help get the next clients ready for the lesson straight after Laura's.