Doctor Stan to the Rescue

This is just a bit of a fluffy chapter with some cute moments shared between Sebastian and Alex. Then it will be on to more serious parts of the story again from the next chapter.

Thanks again to everyone for reading along, and commenting

XX

-------------------------

We got back to the stables, both of us claiming that it was tie as we crossed the paddock leading back up to the stables. We both worked together to help untack both geldings, before releasing them back out to the paddock with the rest of the herd.

I quickly checked on Moonglow, he was laying down, basking in the warm sun in the middle of the paddock, he looked up hearing me walking up to the edge of the paddock, before dipping his head back down, once he knew I wasn't going to call out to him.

'He seems to have taken a liking to this place already' Sebastian said, walking up behind me.

'Yeah, he has much more space out here, then when we were back home' I said, 'he was pretty much just a stable horse, with an occasional rest out at the holiday paddocks'

'Well a change in scenery can help with everyone and anything' Sebastian said, reaching over to take my hand in his own.His warm hand enveloped my smaller hand, and I felt my heart beat  a little faster at the contact.

He looked down, and reached out to take both of my hands in his own, and he stared down at them intently for a moment, his thumb running over my wrists.

'Your wrist is pretty swollen Lex' he said, looking down at me, 'you should ne careful with it' his voice come across as a little tense and a look of concern was planted across this face.

I looked down at them, I hadn't noticed to much discomfort in my wrist, but I noticed the swelling had grown considerably since this morning. I tried flexing it slightly, and winced as I felt a pain shoot up into my lower arm.

'Come you need to ice it' He said, turning around to follow the path back up to the stables, his hand moved to waist, as we walked back together in sync with one another, but he led us toward the flat block and into the communal kitchen.

'Take a seat' he said motioning toward the large oak table in the centre of the room, but I walked up behind me and jumped up to sit on top of the kitchen counter, as he went on a search in the various cupboards.

'What are you even looking for?' I ask, my left hand gently supporting my right hand, as I looked over at Sebastian who was leaning over into the cupboard.

'First aid kit' he said, reaching up to grab the white and green box from the shef. 'Knew we had one in here' as he turned to face me, 'really ' he smirked, 'we have chairs you know'

'I know but I prefer kitchen counters' I replied quickly, looking over as he opened up the first aid box, 'what are you going to do?' I said, adding 'do you even even have your first aid certificate?' I questioned him, as he came to stand next to me, I was able to slightly look down at him, as I sat on the counter.

'Nothing too crazy, just trust old Doctor Stan will you' he chuckled, opening up one of the ointment bottles, 'now give me your wrist' he held his hand out, and I nervously placed my swollen wrist into his waiting hand.

I watched him as he squeeze out some of the gel from the bottle, pulling away at the sudden coolness against my warm wrist. He looked up at me, before pulling my wrist back towards him, 'relax will you?' he said,  and without asking he started to rub the gel into my wrist, letting it soak into my skin for  a few moments as he put away the gel.

I looked down at my wrist,  my mind thinking over his earlier comment, I turned to get his attention, 'you know you're not old right' I said,  watching as he took a step closer toward me.

'Thanks Lex, sometimes I just feel it with everything that's been going on' He said, running a hand through his hair, reaching over to grab  a paper towel from near the sink, he held it out for me, 'just rub off the excess'

I did what he told me too, noticing he watched to ensure I did as I was instructed and then tried to throw the paper towel into the garbage bin at the end of the counter. It bounced off the rim of the bin and onto the floor.

'And she misses the goal' he laughed at me as he bent down to pick it up, and then threw it into the bin as he stood next to it, 'and he makes the goal' he commentated as he spun around to face me again.

'Pretty sure that's cheating' I laughed,he shook his head at my comment  as I tried to  jump off the counter, without putting pressure on my wrist.

'Let me help you down' he offered, taking a few steps forward to stand in front of me, he  reached out to put his hands on my waist, as I scooted off the counter, and he helped me gain my balance as my feet met the hardwood floor. He held his hands a little longer on my waist,ensuring that I was alright.

'Thanks for that' I said, taking a step back, once he had also taken a step back, his hands falling down besides him.  'I should head back up to the house I still have some work from earlier this morning'

He nodded, ' what are you studying again'

'Horse management' I replied, 'last few classes this summer hopefully' I added.

'I shouldn't keep you from studying then' Sebastian smiled, 'coming back down later for Moonglow?'

I nodded, I'll come back in a few hours'

'I expect you to be ready to do a quick riding session then' Sebastian said, waving me off.

I mocked saluted him, 'Yes coach' I smiled at him before turning to leave ,my heart fluttering at the few  moments we had just shared.  I walked back up to the house, looking down at my wrist, I should probably get it check out I thought, but it could wait a little longer.

I sighed reaching the front porch, heading up to my room to start reading again.

------------------

Thanks again everyone, currently working on my other stories , so they should all be updated within the next few days as well. If you are enjoying this story, you should also check out Equine Ballerina also starring our leading man

XX