Just another new kid?

(Gerard's POV)

I woke up to Mikey jumping onto my bed, landing pretty much completely on top of me, knocking the wind out of me. I sat up, shoving him off and taking in big gasps of air. "What the heck, Mikes? You trying to kill me?" I wheezed, catching my stolen breath. Mikey smiled, a smile I really could not resist. I smiled back. He had reason to be excited. It was his first day of high school. He would be going to school with me, something that hadn't been possible for a while because of our grade difference. I ruffled his hair and climbed out of bed, pulling him into my arms. However much of a crap school he would be stuck in, I was glad he was there with me, even if it was only for this one year. And I was glad to see him happy. "Alright. Enough with the lovey-dovey moments. I need some coffee immediately!" I teased, shoving him away gently. He laughed and followed me out to the kitchen. "Morning, boys! Are you ready for your first day of School?" Our father, Donald, asked, tearing his eyes away from his newspaper to look up at us. I gave my mom a quick hug and grabbed a coffee mug while Mikey got into this conversation about how excited he was to be going to school with me, Bob, and Ray. My father smiled at him while he sipped his coffee. I took the coffee pot and filled my cup with the searing, blissfully caffeinated liquid.
"How about you, Gerard? Excited at all for your senior year?" Dad wondered. I shrugged and nodded. My mother was holding back tears. "My boys are growing up." She said, dramatically fanning her face with her hand, which made me and Mikey laugh. After a quick bowl of cereal each, the two of us brushed our teeth. I ran a hand through my greasy, long black hair and carefully put on my eyeliner. Once I looked good (by my standards, I didn't really care about anyone else's), I called for Mikey to hurry up. He ran out of his room in black skinny jeans and a Misfits t-shirt. I smirked and gave his outfit my signature, older brother nod of approval and grabbed my car keys. We said bye to our parents and ran out the front door. We still had to pick up Ray and Bob. As soon as we were in, I turned the radio on deafeningly loud and pulled out of the drive way, heading down the street to Ray's, seeing my friend standing on his front porch, waiting for us. "Hey, what's up?" He said, giving me a friendly slap on the shoulder. I nodded my hello. "Hey, Mikey." He said. Mikey gave him a little wave, focused on the song blasting through the radio. We continued on our drive, stopping when we reached Bob's house. Bob walked out of his front door about five minutes after we pulled up in front of his house. I rolled down my window when he came out, giving him a nasty smirk. "What took you so long? Quit sleeping in, you lazy jerk!" I laughed. He gave me a scowl, then smiled bitterly. "Shut it, Way. Sup, Mikey?" He asked, climbing into the backseat with Ray and giving Ray a fist-bump. "Not much." Mikey replied simply. We rode in basic silence the rest of the way to school, listening to the music.
The four of us decided to show Mikey around, make sure he knew where everything was, but really we were just killing time. When we were done with the little tour, we noticed we still had about twenty minutes until we had to go to class. So, we just stood in the front courtyard, on the sides away from everybody, talking and goofing off, basically just killing time. People looked over at me, seeing my mouth move, giving me nasty looks, as if they thought that I thought they weren't good enough to speak to, instead choosing these "freaks" to associate with. Like I said, I didn't mind talking to Ray, Mikey, or Bob. I don't mind talking to a lot of people. It's just that most people in this school are stuck-up snobs who think they're better than us just because we wear makeup or listen to different types of music or date guys or whatever else they used against us. I didn't care to talk to people who treated other people like they were worthless just because they were different. Suddenly, Mikey waved a hand in front of my face, yelling, "Earth to Gee!" "W-What?" I stuttered, being forcefully snapped out of my thoughts. Turns out, Ray had been talking to me. "I asked if we were doing anything later." He repeated, trying to hide the curiosity in his voice. "Oh, uh, I don't really care what we do. We can hang out at our house if you want. Mom and Dad won't care." I said. They all seemed to agree on that. We continued talking about our plans and stuff, when suddenly the whole yard was quiet. We followed their gazes until we saw the cause of the silence- Jackson Brunner had some kid pinned up against the wall of the school. The kid's eyes were angry, yet slightly fearful at the same time. He had short, brown hair and his lips curved just as the right way as he smirked at the bully holding him up in the air. Jackson snarled and pulled his fist back. Next thing I knew, Bob had disappeared from our side. I looked to where he had been previously standing, then back to Jackson, whose fist was now being pulled back by Bob. The rest of us ran over in a panic, trying to pull Bob off of him. Jackson pushed Bob away, and since I was the last in the line of people trying to pull Bob away, I was thrown to the ground. I landed in the grass, a small shot of pain forming in my back. "Gee! Gee, you okay?" Mikey asked, suddenly beside me and pulling me off the ground. Once I was on my feet, he brushed the dirt off of my back. "Are you okay?" He asked again. I nodded and rubbed my back sorely. Bob was in Jackson's face now. "Leave him alone, Brunner. He wasn't doing anything wrong." Bob growled, his hands rolling into fists. Jackson looked over at Frank, who had been tossed unceremoniously to the ground, and who was know being assisted by Ray, and laughed. "Whatever, you freak! He isn't worth my time. None of you emo freaks are worth anything, let alone my precious time." He taunted us, and then walked away to rejoin his group of friends, who all gave him high-fives and claps on the back, laughing at us along with him. "Gee, you sure you're okay? He shoved you pretty hard." Ray asked from a few feet away. I nodded, giving him a small smile. Mikey and I went over to Bob and began calming him down.
Once we were certain that Bob wouldn't punch the closest person or thing to him, we joined Ray and the kid at the wall. He looked up at us gratefully, but didn't say a word. "His name is Frank. He's a bit shaken up, and I haven't been able to get anything else out of him." Ray explained. Mikey knelt beside Frank carefully. "Hi, Frank. My name is Mikey. This is Ray. That's Bob. That's my brother, Gerard." He looked at each of us and gave a small, barely audible "hello." Everyone of them said hello back except me. I didn't know this kid that well yet. Mikey could see the questioning glance Frank was giving me, and quickly jumped in with, "Gerard doesn't talk much." Frank nodded in understanding, but continued to examine me cautiously. Ray stood and helped Frank to his feet. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do to make Brunner so mad?" he asked. "Uh, I'm...new here. I asked him if he could show me where Mrs. Mason's class is, and he kind of flipped, saying stuff about how I didn't "understand the rules" and needed reminding. That guy is seriously insane." He explained, which made us laugh. He slowly smiled and laughed along with us. "Well, the bell will be ringing soon. Mikey has Mrs. Mason, too. He can show you where it is. We have to get to class. We'll see you guys later." Ray said. Mikey waved as he led Frank away. Ray, Bob, and I watched them go. I rubbed my back again. "Gee, you sure you okay?" Bob asked. "Yeah. Probably just going to bruise. I'll be fine. It's just sore." I said. We began walking to class. "So, did you notice that Frank was totally checking you out?" Ray teased me, gently elbowing my arm. "What do you mean? He looked at me like everyone else does when they realize I don't talk. Like I'm some freaky alien of something." I said. (A/N: ten points for you if you get the joke there. 😉)
      Bob shook his head. "He was totally checking you out, Gee." Ray smirked and nodded in agreement. I rolled my eyes and ordered them to shut up. "Oh, come on, Gee. He is a nice kid." Ray said. "Dude, cut it out. I'm not falling for this little freshman who decides to ask Jackson freaking Brunner, of all people, for directions to class. Honestly, I'm surprised Brunner remembers his name half the time." I said, laughing a bit at my cleverness. Ray and Bob laughed too, but I could tell they were still hung up on the thing with Frank. I knew they were wrong, though. Why would Frank be interested in me? I was just some freaky little emo who liked boys and was too nervous to talk to people. Why would anybody be interested in me? And I couldn't be interested in Frank. He was just some new kid, right? He was nothing special to me, right.
      Wrong.

So, here is chapter 2. I love that ending. A few announcements.
      First of all, as many (I would hope all) MCR fans know, today (July 15) is Ray Toro's birthday! So, a special message for Ray Toro on here for always being there for his friends, family, his fans. Thanks to Ray for giving us his all throughout his years with MCR, and for being such an important part of such an important band (or idea!). Thanks to Ray for his songs, "For the Lost and Brave" and "Isn't that something", both of which are very inspirational, beautiful, relatable, and all around incredible. Ray is a very talented, inspiring person. So, Happy Birthday to Ray Toro! 🎉
      Second, and I know this is just kind of dumb advertisement, but I have new stories up and running. I have an LGBT story called "Black Roses" about two boy rebels after the "End of the World" on December 22, 2012. If I do say so myself, it is a very beautiful story and I have such fun writing it. I have a new story I wrote when I was younger called "Death's Game" about a competition to the death between four mythological beings and Death himself that I have now decided to post of Wattpad. I have fan fictions, as well. "RPMystic Force" is a crossover between, obviously Power Rangers RPM and Mystic Force, and the sequel to my Code Lyoko: The Masters fan fiction, Code Lyoko: Apocalypse is also in progress. I have a new story on the way, called Hunted about monsters taking over the world, and the one person who can stop them. Lastly, I have my #OnceUponNow short story, Angel in Black. I wrote it for #OnceUponNow, but honestly, I don't care about the contest. I may write a full length story version of it. So, if you have some spare time, please feel free to check these stories out. And if you do read them, I hope you enjoy.
Finally, I have an apology. Last night, I was finishing this story up at like 10:00 at night, and I was kind of tired and I had a really bad sunburn from going to the Great Escape on my shoulders (which really, really hurts! 🤕). Anyway, I ended up publishing the story, and it was not completely finished. Above, I wrote that today was Ray Toro's birthday, and at the time this is being completely finished and published, Ray's birthday would have been yesterday- July 15, 2016. I do apologize. I was very upset when I noticed earlier today that I published this chapter undone, as that's something I NEVER do. I promise I will work harder at not making this mistake again. Regardless, I hope Ray had an absolutely fantastic birthday!
Well, that's it for now, everybody! As always, please comment, vote, and enjoy reading! Have a great day!