Breaking Down

Just a heads up: This will have vague outlines of the triggering scene from the last chapter. I put the trigger warning last chapter for those who did not want to read all the details. If you don't want to read this chapter, it won't affect you too much. If you do, please enjoy.

{Gerard's POV}

The first thing I noticed was a slight ringing in my ear. Then I noticed the tiny light-headed feeling. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I noticed that I was in my room.

It all came flooding back to me- crying out to my grandmother, wrapping the tie around my neck, the tears slowly falling down my cheeks as I tightened it. I felt tears falling down my cheeks now. I had been doing so good, staying so strong. I always knew it would be Bert that would make me slip, but after he left, I thought I was safe. I shouldn't have been so stupid. I should have known that I would never be safe, so long as he was alive. I felt the blankets rustle beside me. "Gee, are you awake?" somebody muttered. I looked over and saw Frank as he sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I sniffled and turned away. "Gee, baby, what's wrong?" he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I-I...How c-could I have b-been so st-tupid, Frankie? H-How could I-I have...ev-even tried to...." I stopped, choking back a sob. Frankie climbed around the bed so he was sitting right in front of me. I lowered my head, but he put his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up so we were looking each other in the eye. "Gee, you weren't thinking. It's okay. We all fall down sometimes. I know you didn't actually want to do it. We were pushing you to talk yesterday, and you were just under so much stress.. I get it, it's okay. You just...snapped. It happens. I'm sorry, we shouldn't have pushed you so much. I love you, Gee. I love you so much, and I would never try to hurt you. I was just...scared. We all were." he admitted, tears starting to poke out of the corners of his eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my head in his shoulder. Sobs racked through my body. He quietly shushed me, rubbing my back gently. "I'm s-so sorry, Fr-Frankie. I-I should have t-told you, b-but he...he said h-he would hurt y-you guys, and I...I c-couldn't let him..." I stopped, taking deep breaths. "Bert said he would hurt us? What did he make you do?" he wondered, pulling back and looking me in the eyes. "H-He made me hang out w-with him. I w-was terrified the e-ent-tire t-time. I was sc-scared he would h-hurt me." I stuttered. He smiled and rubbed my arm, leaning in close. "Gee, you don't have to be afraid of him. He will never hurt you again, do you understand me? I promise, he will never hurt you again." he said. I nodded, still crying. He wiped the tears from my eyes with his thumbs, his hands remaining on my cheeks for a nice, silent moment. "I-I...I love you, too, Frankie." I said, smiling a little at how little I stuttered. Frankie was beaming. He quickly pushed his lips against mine, smiling as he kissed me. I smiled and pressed back, savoring the moment. When we pulled away, we just sat there in silence, gazing into each other's eyes.

Suddenly, the door burst open. Frank and I looked up to see Mikey standing in the door, Ray and Bob peeking into the room behind him. "Gee, oh my God! Thank God, you're okay!" Mikey gasped, running into the room and flinging himself around me, squeezing me in a tight hug. I chuckled and squeezed him back, running my fingers through his hair. "Yeah, I'm okay, Mikes. I'm okay." I pulled away from him, looking into his light brown eyes. "I am so sorry, Mikes. I didn't want to do it. I never meant to scare you or hurt you. I promise, I'm going to be okay. You don't have to worry." I said, smiling. He smiled back and said, "I know, Gee. You just lost it for a little. You're stronger than that. I love you. I know you would never purposefully hurt me." I nodded, and then looked up at Ray and Bob. I opened my mouth to talk, but Ray interrupted me with a raised hand. "Don't. It's okay." he said with a smile. I nodded, then looked right at Bob. He had a frown on his face, and he was facing the floor. "Bob?" I asked. He looked up and gave me a sad smile. I got up from the bed, walked over to him, and gave him a big hug. "I never truly thanked you for saving me that day. Thank you, for always being there for me, Bob. To be honest, I think any smart person would have left me behind, left me to die. You didn't. Thank you." I said. He smiled and said, "Well, of course I didn't. Who ever said I was smart?" We all started laughing. Bob wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Seriously, though. I would never leave you to die. You're my best friend, Gee. I need to know, though. What happened between you and Bert? Did he threaten you?" he asked. I swallowed and shook my head. "No, he didn't threaten me. He...threatened to hurt you guys. He also said not to tell you guys. Oh God, he might hurt you!" I gasped in realization. Bob looked me in the eye and said, "Gee, calm down. Bert isn't going to hurt us if he knows what's good for him. We'll be okay, all of us."

I nodded. "I know. I just don't want him to try and hurt any of us. What if he actually does?" I asked. "He won't. He won't hurt us, and he won't hurt you. We'll keep you safe, Gee. I promise." I smiled, looking at my friends, my boyfriend, and my little brother. Bob was right. They would keep me safe.

Well, hey, would you look at that? I finally updated this story. Sorry it's been a while. I finished my BVB fanfic, and started the sequel for that, and I've had a lost of big projects and papers to right, and all of that stuff, so I have been pretty busy. If you liked this chapter, please remember to vote/comment, and if you really like it, don't forget the 2017 Fanfiction Awards. I think nominations close in 6 days, on the 27th, so if you're going to nominate a fanfiction, you have to hurry because time is running out! I'll try and post the next chapter ASAP, but midterms are next week, and I might not get a lot of time to do anything. Thanks for reading! Later!