The Bridge

TRIGGER WARNING: THE FEELS ARE STRONG WITH THIS CHAPTER! FANGIRL DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

{Frank's POV}

We were off on a three day weekend because of Superintendant's conferences (gotta love those!), and I wasn't really planning on doing anything, until Mikey called me and asked if I wanted to hang out with them. I decided to go, and he said that he and Bob were going to pick me up because Gee and Ray had some errands to do or whatever. So I quickly got dressed- black jeans and a Black Flag shirt- put on my eyeliner, put my lip ring in, and headed out just as Bob and Mikey pulled up. I climbed into the backseat and buckled in. "So, what's are we doing?" I wondered as Bob pulled out. "I don't know. I just wanted to get out of the house. Whatever you guys want, I guess." Bob answered. "Let's go to the mall!" Mikey suggested. Bob and I nodded in silent agreement. Bob and Mikey seemed to share a quick glance, but I decided it was just nothing. Mikey turned on the radio and slipped one of Bob's Black Sabbath CD's into the player, which we rocked out to at full blast the rest of the way to the mall. When we got out of the car and into the mall, we decided to go to the food court and eat because we were hungry, so we went to the Starbucks and ordered some coffee, then we went and got some pizza. While we were sitting there eating our food, Mikey and Bob were completely silent, and Mikey kept checking his phone every few minutes. I began to debate whether of not I should ask what was up, but decided against it and continued to eat my pizza. When we finished eating, we went to hot topic. I got a bunch of new band t-shirts, because you can never have too many, then we went to Urban Outfitters (I don't know what stores are in Jersey, bear with me!) and I got a few new black t-shirts and button-ups, and a few white and red ones. We made a quick stop inside MAC and picked up some eyeliner and stuff. We got a few strange looks from some women in the cosmetics store, but we didn't really pay attention to them. Except one time when I stuck my tongue out at one who gave us a nasty look and pulled her teenage daughter away.

       We were just walking around aimlessly now, and Mikey was still checking his phone periodically. Bob kept glancing over at him, Mikey kept glancing back and frowning, and I kept growing more and more curious. We walked around to a few other stores, picking up things like Cologne and other random crap. Finally, Mikey's phone beeped, meaning he got a text. He quickly read the message, and looked up to Bob, a wide smile spreading across his lips. Bob gave him a questioning glance, and Mikey nodded. Bob rolled his eyes and said, "Finally!" Alright I was fed up at this point. "What has been going on with you two? All day you've been all creepy and secretive! Is there something you two aren't telling me?" I asked suspiciously. Mikey gave me a curious look and shook his head. "No. Gee told us to meet him and Ray. Come on." Mikey said. He started smiling again as we left the mall and climbed into the car. "Seriously, guys, where are we going?!" I asked after I started noticing that we were driving around in the middle of nowhere. "We'll be there soon, Frank. Just chill!" Bob laughed, sensing my childish impatience. I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat, arms folded across my chest. Bob pulled into a small lot just outside of a patch of woods. I climbed out of the car and looked around. "Gee and Ray are out here? Why?" I asked. Mikey shrugged and said, "I don't know. Gee said they had something to show us." When I turned, though, I could hear him stifling a giggle, and I rolled my eyes. It was so obvious that he and Bob knew what was going on, but I decided I would see soon enough, and didn't push it. Bob locked his car and we started walking into the woods. We walked for about twenty minutes before I stopped and asked, "Are we almost there? My legs are getting tired!" Mikey nodded and kept on going. I groaned and followed, Bob closely behind me.

      Finally, we saw Ray and Gee sitting beside each other on the ledge of a bridge. The sun shone down through the trees around us, giving "Hey, guys. What did you want us out here for?" I wondered. Ray gave Gee a little nudge in the side and smiled at him. Gee smiled back, then Ray stood and walked away into the trees, followed by Mikey and Bob. 'Where are they going? They're just going to leave us here by ourselves? What if Gee has a panic attack or something?!' I thought nervously as I stood there, staring at the ground. Gee clapped his hands together, getting my attention, then gestured for me to sit beside him, where Ray had been seated only moments before. I sat down reluctantly, and waited for Gee to like pull out his phone or a sketchpad or something to write on, but he just looked up into my eyes-his hazel ones sparkling in the sunlight. He took a deep breath and said, "H-Hi Fr-Frankie." My eyes widened as I took those two simple words into my mind. He kept staring at me, waiting for my reaction. He seemed so scared, but of what I had no idea. Finally, I smiled and said, "Hi, Gee." He smiled back shyly "I'm guessing you're happy then. To be honest, I was scared you wouldn't like my voice." He admitted, chuckling a little and turning his head away. I pulled his face back towards me and looked deep into his beautiful, sparkling eyes. "You sound like an angel, Gee. And yes, I am so very happy right now. Thank you for this." I said. Suddenly, I leaned in close and pressed my lips to his forehead. As soon as I realized what I had done, I pulled away, feeling my cheeks burn in embarrassment. Gee smiled and pulled my face to his, pushing our lips together. I was a bit shocked at first, but eventually I just melted into the kiss, into the pure beauty and warmth of the moment.
Gee finally pulled away, gasping for air. "That was...wow." I gasped. He laughed, the cutest little laugh I've ever heard. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded, still trying to catch his breath. "Why did you pick this place to do this whole thing. I can tell you guys planned it all out by the way Mikey and Bob were acting all day." I said. He groaned and said, "Can't trust them to keep a secret, huh?!" I laughed. "But seriously, why here?" I asked again. He took a deep breath. I could see small tears forming in his eyes, and reached a hand down to place it on top of his. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I said. He shook his head, and the tears started to fall. He wiped them away, then began speaking, drawing shaky breaths every few minutes. "I'm sure Mikey told you about my depression after my grandma passed. It got...really bad at one point. I started thinking about...being with her again, and so I...One day I came to this bridge. I remembered it after walking through the woods one day with the others. I went and climbed up to the edge, just standing there, staring out over the edge. Just as I was about to do it, Ray, Mikey, and Bob all showed up. Mikey was hysterical, begging and pleading me to come down. Ray took him a few feet away and tried to calm him down. I don't even know why they brought him if they thought I was doing what they thought I was doing, but they did, for whatever reason. Bob held his hands up, walking towards me really slowly. He kept telling me that it wasn't worth it, that i had a lot more to live for. Finally, he told me that my Grandma wouldn't want me to do this, and that got me mad. Somehow, he could tell what I was going to do next. He jumped and threw his arms around me, wrestling me off of the ledge. I sank to the ground on my knees, sobbing my eyes out as the realization of what I was about to do hit me. I really would have been that selfish, left Mikey without his older brother, left my parents without their first son. I would have been leaving so much behind, and for what? Bob saved my life that day. I mean, they all did, but Bob stopped me from jumping." he finished, waiting again for my reaction.

And I was shocked, but then I felt kind of bad. I mean, obviously he had gone through some tough times. "I-I don't know what to say." I admitted. He froze for a minute, looking a bit tense, then chuckled and stood up. "Of course. I know-you think I'm some freak that solves his problems by not talking to people, or cutting himself, or jumping off of bridges! I knew this was a bad idea." He went silent, and started to walk away. "Gerard, wait!" I said, but kept walking. "Gerard Way, you get back here right now and listen to me!" I shouted. He jumped about a foot in the air, then slowly turned back to me, a look of mixed anger and hurt on his face. I walked towards him until their was only a few inches between us, and took his hands in mine. "I could never think you were a freak. You're beautiful, you understand me? You're beautiful, and amazing, and just..." I stopped and pressed my lips to his. He smiled and pressed his lips against mine roughly. We stayed like that for about a minute before we were interrupted by a few laughs. We looked up and saw Mikey, Ray, and Bob laughing and smirking at us. Gerard smiled and rolled his eyes. "Well, well.  Looks like you got what you wanted, huh, Gee?!" Mikey teased. Then, Gerard stuck his tongue out at him! I doubled over with laughter at the sight of someone like Gerard sticking his tongue out at his younger brother.
       "Hey, how about we all sleep over at our place tonight?" Gee asked. We all agreed and started on our walk out of the woods. Gee took ahold of my hand. I looked over at him with a smile. "Thank you for this, Gee. You have no idea how much this all means to me." I said. He smiled and planted a small kiss on my cheek. "Your...your welcome, Frankie." He said, smiling at the sudden confidence in his voice. It made me smile, too. We got into Bob's car. In the back seat, Gee leaned his head over to rest on my shoulder. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

A/N: well wasn't this just beautiful?! *sobs* oh, sorry, got captured by the feels. Anyway, if you like this, please remember to vote and/or comment, and I'll see you next chapter. Later!