Bob Explains More

Picture: I love Bob's little derpy face here!

Frank's POV)

I woke up a bit earlier than normal. I groaned when I saw that it was 5:30. I didn't have to be up for another half hour. I rolled my eyes and buried my face in my pillow, just laying there for a minute. Once I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going back to sleep, that I was up for real, I groaned and climbed out bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I shuffled over to my dresser, stretching and yawning, and pulled out a black t-shirt and matching skinny jeans. I admired the tattoos covering my skin. My body was like a living, breathing canvas of colorful ink, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I walked into the bathroom and ran a brush through my hair, styling it just the right way. Then I trudged my way down the stairs and into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and the cereal from the cabinets and the milk from the fridge and made breakfast. While I was sitting at the table eating, my mind turned to the group of friends I made yesterday. Bob was the strong, protective one of the group. He was the one, I thought, who would actually kill any jerk that even tried to threaten one of us. Ray was like Bob, but he wasn't protective in the fighter sense. He was more like the caretaker of the group. Ray would always make sure his friends were okay, and be there to talk to if needed. Plus, he also played guitar, which was really cool. Mikey was like a younger brother to all of us, but sometimes he acted like an older brother. He always made sure we were okay, that nothing was bothering us, and if he thought something, and we needed to talk but didn't want the others knowing, we could go to Mikey. He gave the best advice, too. Plus, he was always looking out for Gerard, making sure nobody messes with him, acting completely like the older brother despite the fact that he wasn't. Mikey played a little bass, too. He was pretty good. And then there was Gerard. There was the way his eyes sparkled a little in the sunlight. The way his little, nervous smile made me want to just melt on the spot. His beautiful, pale skin seemed to glow slightly. He was just...perfect in every way. I knew he still didn't trust me, but maybe he would get over that soon. Was I falling for Gerard? I didn't quite know yet. I mean, it was obvious Ray and Bob thought there was something there, with the way they just threw me at him yesterday. Maybe something was there, but I didn't see it. I know I'm gay, and I don't really care. It's not some huge thing. I just like guys. And Mikey had told me that Gerard was gay, too, so that was sort of a plus, right? I mean, if I ever did have feelings for him, and I decided to tell him, at least he wouldn't freak out because another guy was telling him that he loved him, because he loved guys, too.

I finished my cereal and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I finished that, I went back to my room and just flopped down onto my bed. My phone said it was 5:50. I was completely ready to go, so I could just chill for a while. I left the house to start walking to school at around 6:15, so i had like 20 minutes. I put my earbuds in and started listening to "Dig up Her Bones" by the Misfits. Around the end of the song, my phone beeped, telling me I had a text. I pulled it up and saw that it was from Mikey. Hey. You want a ride to school? We can pick you up. I quickly typed back. Sure. Let me know when you're on your way. I'll meet you out front. He texted me back a thumbs up. I decided maybe to just head outside and chill. It was always a bit cooler in the mornings, and it was pretty nice and quiet. I grabbed my backpack, stuffed in a hoodie in case it got colder later, and headed outside, making sure to lock the door behind me. I took a seat on the cold stone of my steps and waited for Mikey to text me back. A few minutes later, he said, We just left Ray's house. We gotta get Bob, and then we'll head over to your place. Make sure your ready. Gee gets impatient! I chuckled to myself as I read the last part. I sent him back a quick text- Yeah, yeah. I'm outside. See ya in a bit. Another two songs later, a familiar car pulled up by the curb. The passenger side window rolled down to reveal Mikey and Gerard. I stood and walked, teasingly slow, to the car. Gerard was looking down, his gaze focused on the steering wheel. Mikey rolled his eyes when he saw what I was doing and laughed. "Come on. You're not funny, Iero! Get a move on!" he called. I smirked and jogged the rest of the way to the car, climbing into the back with Ray and Bob. Ray jerked his head up in a silent "Sup?", a gesture I returned. Bob punched my shoulder as a form of greeting, which I just shook off as normal for these guys. "Hey." Mikey said, turning a little in his seat to face me. I smirked again and said, "Hey." Gerard just focused on the road, although he seemed to be gripping the steering wheel a bit tight.