Secrets

So, this story has reached over 200 reads! That is just...mindblowing. Thank you so very much to everybody who has been reading this story. Thank you to those of you who stuck with me through my hiatus over the past couple of weeks while I was getting back into the swing of things with school and while I was sick. I was going to update my Black Veil Brides fanfiction, and then I saw how many reads this story had reached and I was amazed. So, I've decided that I will update my BVB fanfic later on/tomorrow and update this one today. This may be a little shorter since I didn't have anything planned yet, but I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please remember to vote and/or comment, because I love reading your feedback and funny comments (and even references that make me cry!) Without further ado, here is your update!

{Frank's POV}

       I woke up on Monday with a stupid grin on my face. Just the other day, Gee and I had celebrated our one-month anniversary, and I was still smiling. I couldn't stop. For one, it had been a great day just to ourselves. I also heard him sing! It took a long time to get Gee to talk to me. I had no idea he could sing, let alone that he was going to do it at the bridge. It shocked me to hear him sing those words. They weren't any song lyrics I'd ever heard before. I had meant to ask if they were his own lyrics, but I'd been wrapped up in the moment, and he and his family had went out to visit a relative in Newark yesterday, so I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Gee about it. I planned on asking him today. God, I wished I could stop smiling for just one second.

         My door suddenly flew open, wrenching me from my thoughts. "Oh, good, you're up. Come on, get out of bed. You're gonna be late!" my father shouted from the door way, a beer can in his hand. Really? It was six in the morning! "I'm not going to be late. I've got, like, half an hour before my friends are going to be here to get me." I said, rolling my eyes and climbing out of bed. Apparently, it was too early in the morning for me to realize how big of a mistake I had just made. His face instantly turned cold with hatred and disgust. Next thing I knew, his empty beer can was thrown across the room and his hands were clutching my t-shirt, pulling me up to his eye-level. "What did you say to me? You know better, Frankie. You know better than to talk to me like that. You speak to me with respect, and you call me "sir". Understand?!" he asked, shaking me a little. When I didn't respond right away, he threw me to the ground. I hit the floor and fell back into the leg of the desk, crying out in pain as the wood struck my back. That was a mistake, too, another one I didn't realize. I wasn't supposed to make any sort of sound while he was "teaching me a lesson. I was supposed to just "sit back and take it like a man." His words, not mine. He smirked and got up close in my face. "Yet another mistake, Frankie. When will you ever learn?" he asked, then he kicked me in the stomach. I gasped, but managed to hold back the cries. He kicked me a few time, really hard, on the leg, then I guess he got tired and gave up. He didn't hurt me too badly if it was before school. He got too tired too quickly, and he didn't feel like dealing with the possibility of me having to stay home because of any injuries he caused me. My dad didn't work, he just laid around on the couch all day, except when he was out at the bar or with his friends. 

        Groaning quietly so he wouldn't hear me, I rose to my feet, staggering a bit as the pain in my leg hit me. I caught myself on the edge of the desk and managed to hop over to my bed, sitting down and examining my leg further. I had a big, dark bruise forming, but it didn't feel like anything was broken. I got over and limped sorely to the dresser, grabbed a black button up and skinny jeans, threw them on the bed, then dug around in my closet until I found a black jacket. I sat on the edge of the bed and pulled on the jeans, wincing at the still aching, and now slightly throbbing, pain in my leg. I managed to get my jeans on without too much trouble, and getting the shirts on was easy. Once I was dressed, I limped into my bathroom and started brushing my teeth, then my hair. I carefully applied my eyeliner, then examined myself one final time in the mirror before deciding that I was ready to go. Just in time, too. As soon as I got back in my room, I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up and saw a text from Gee. 'Hey. Just pulled up outside. Waiting on you, slowpoke. :P Love you!' he said. I smiled and sent back a quick text. 'Okay. Be right out. Love you more.' I grabbed my backpack and limped out of the house as fast as my hurt leg would allow me to, not bothering to say bye to my parents. I locked the door behind me and walked over to Gee's waiting car, trying to hide the limp in my step. I climbed in the front seat, Mikey had been letting me sit there everyday now, preferring to sit with Ray while I sat with Gee.