I Love You

{Gerard's POV}

       I was more nervous than ever. I couldn't believe my little Frankie was graduating from high school. It seemed like only yesterday that I met Frank after he was getting picked on by Bert. Now, he was done with high school, moving on in his life. I sat at the football field with my dad, mom, and Mikey, along with Bob and his parents, and Ray and his parents. I waited patiently while the school valedictorian and salutatorian gave speeches, and waited while they handed out diplomas to countless other kids. Finally, they reached Frankie. He took his diploma and gave me a big smile before moving on and taking his seat.
       Miley came on next. He walked across the stage, a bit hurriedly, quickly took his diploma, flashed a smile to me, Mom, and dad, and sat down. Once everyone was done, the principal took the podium. "Before we begin, one of our students has a very special announcement. Please, Mr. Frank Iero!" The principal announced, applauding quietly, along with the rest of the audience. Frank nervously took the podium, clearing his throats before beginning. He seemed to second-guess himself, as he took the microphone and stepped off the stage. He slowly walked over until he was standing next to me. He took my hand in his and pulled until I was on my feet, then took me out to the center of the seats.
      "I don't know how many of you remember, but a few years ago, we stood, just like this, while you told me how much you loved me. You gave me this ring.." he stopped, holding up the ring on his opposite hand, "...and said that we couldn't get married, because I was too young, but this was for me to know, that you always loved me, and always will." Frank looked into my eyes. "Ever since the day you came home early from visiting Bob at college, I've been waiting for this moment. The moment I show you how much I love you." He said, releasing my hands and taking a step back.
"Gerard Arthur Way. Ever since we met after you helped me when Burt was giving me a hard time my first day here, I have fallen more and more in love with you. You were a silent, defeated soul. I was a sad, struggling kid. We helped each other grow, and kept each other safe. We both found a new reason to live in each other. And I hope to always continue to grow and keep each other safe. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Gee, so, please..." I smiled, tears rolling down my face, as Frankie pulled a small, black box from behind him and got down on one knee. "Gerard Arthur Way, the love of my life, will you marry me?" He asked. I nodded, my throat unable to get words out. I walked over to him, picked his small form up by the front of his shirt, and kissed him with as much passion as I could. He then slid the black ring on my finger. It had a heart monitor on it. "Because you keep my heart beating." He said.
I was a bit taken by surprise when the entire crowd around us started to clap and cheer. We looked around at them before turning back to each other. "I love you, Gee." He said. "I love you, too. So much." I replied.
After the ceremony, we all went back to our house, where my mom made lasagna (I'm sorry, I LOVE it!) with garlic bread. We all were happily, celebrating mine and Frankie's engagement. I sat next to my fiancée. I loved being able to call Frankie that. My fiancée. Soon, I'd get to call him my husband.
My mom clinked her fork against her glass, silencing the room. "Now, I just wanted to say how extremely grateful I am for Frank coming into Gerard's life. After Gee fell into his depression, I always had fears that something bad would happen to him. Now, seeing him this happy..." she stopped and smiled at me. I returned the smile. "It makes me the happiest mother in the world. Thank you, Frankie, and welcome to the family! Congratulations to both of you!" she said. Everyone clapped. Frankie leaned in, and I met him halfway, pressing my lips to his. When we pulled away, we were both smiling.
That night, Frank and I lay on my bed, my fingers running through his hair. "That was absolutely beautiful, what you said. I loved it." I said. "I'm glad. I was really nervous." He admitted. "You didn't seem like it." I said. Frank smiled and said, "Well, that's a relief!" The two of us laughed. Once the laughter died down, Frankie sighed. "I love you, Gee." He said, kissing my cheek. I kissed his forehead. "I love you, too."

Hey! I am so sorry for not updating for like a month. I have been VERY busy with school and stuff, but I'm back. What's up?!

Anyway, I'm going to ask all of you guys for help. In the comments, leave your vote for the last name's for Frank and Gee after they get married. Options are:

Frank and Gerard Iero
Frank and Gerard Way
Frank and Gerard Iero-Way
Frank and Gerard Way-Iero.

If you have any other ideas, put them down below too! Thanks! 😊

Also thanks to everyone who read The Wild Ones, which now has 1K reads!!! 😁

Also, in case you want it, that ring can be purchased on Wish.Com/The Wish App.

As always, if you liked this chapter, please remember to vote and comment. Thanks for reading! Later!