Happy Anniversary

WARNING: Chapter may give you the feels. You've been warned! 😊

Also: TRIGGER WARNING-mentions feelings of self harm, trigger section will be mentioned before, feel free to skip!

Thank you.

{Gerard's POV}- I time skipped a little bit. SUFFER! JK, sorry!

I couldn't believe it! Tomorrow was mine and Frankie's one month anniversary! We've been together for a whole month! I was so happy, Bob said I had never talked so much in my life. Ray told him to shut up and enjoy it while it lasts. Mikey was just happy for me. He said he hadn't seen me so happy in years, and he was glad. Frankie didn't say anything about it. He was probably planning on surprising me with something, so I didn't push the matter. I couldn't contain my excitement, however, which is why I am currently kissing my Frankie in the school courtyard, not giving a million craps who is there to see. It's after classes, and we decided to just chill there since Mikey had had to go to the library. We were going to leave in a few minutes, hopefully to enjoy this lovely Friday. "God, Gee, why are you so happy today?" he asked, laughing and planting a small kiss on my lips. I smiled mischievously and said, "I don't know, Frankie, just in a good mood. What about you?" He wrapped his arms around my waist. "As long as I'm with you, I'm always in a good mood." He said, kissing my nose playfully. "I love you, Frankie. Soooo much!" I said. "Love you, too." he said. Bob, Ray, and Mikey were all giving us nasty looks and teasing us and stuff. I stuck my tongue out at them, and we all broke out laughing. "You guys are so gross! Seriously, get a room!" Bob teased. "Shut up, Bryar! Least I kiss actual people instead of making out with myself in the mirror." I taunted. The others all died of laughter. "Whatever." Bob muttered, rolling his eyes. "Ah, come on, Bob. You know I'm messing around with you!" I laughed, lightly punching his arm. Frankie threw his arm around me, and I leaned into it comfortably. We all seemed to just stay there, like that, for a moment in peaceful, relaxing silence.

But of course, we are in high school. We are a bunch of freaky, emo, wierdos who like boys and/or do not talk, so of course, peaceful and relaxing silence is a luxury we are not free to enjoy. I am reminded of this as I hear laughter and someone shout, "What's so funny, freaks?!" We all look up and see Brunner's gang, except something is different this time. There's a different face. "Bert?! What are you doing?!" Ray asked, stepping forward. The rest of us watched carefully. I felt Frankie's grip around me tighten in a protective gesture. "Aww, that's cute. Little Frankie wants to protect his little boyfriend. How precious!" Bert taunted, making Brunner and his goons laugh and me to roll my eyes. Bert must have caught me, though, because he looked at me all angry and said, "What?! You got something to say, mute?!" He screamed, moving closer and closer to us. I froze, eyes wide and mouth parted in shock. That was one of the things he said to me that night. I was going to say something to him, but I'd stopped before. When he saw I was going to talk, he'd shouted those exact words. Now, he smiled at me as the memory sank in. "Oh, yeah. You got something to say, Mute?!" He asked again, a little louder than before. I jumped a little, and Frankie looked at me in concern. "Gee, what's wrong?" he asked in concern. I just nodded, still a little dumbstruck by the words. "Why don't you just talk to me, huh, baby? You trust me, right?" he asked. He was really scaring me now. Those were all words he'd said that night. What scared me even more was that he was saying it all in order, like he was reading from a script. He looked at me with a big grin as he seemingly read my thoughts. "Yeah, you remember all of this, huh, Gee? You know exactly what I'm doing, and it's scaring the crap out of you. You never told anybody, did you? Never told your dear baby brother, or your best friends...or your boyfriend?! Should I tell them for you?" he asked. I quickly shook my head. "Oh, but why not, baby? They deserve to know how you cried as I beat the crap out of you, begging me to leave you alone. You cried like a little girl, because you couldn't take a beating like a man!" he mocked.