Duet

{Gerard's POV}

         It was Saturday and I was hanging out at Frank's house with him. We were in his room. He was sitting in his desk chair, strumming away on his guitar. I was laying on his bed, drawing in my sketchpad. My tongue poked out of the corner of my mouth as I tried to focus on the finishing touches of my drawing- which just so happened to be Frankie. "What are you drawing over there?" he asked, smirking. I smirked and said, "Nothing." Frank slid his guitar off and rose from his chair, moving to lay on the bed beside me. I quickly pressed my sketchpad against my chest, covering it tightly with both hands. He frowned, laying down beside me. Then, I felt his hands on mine. "Gee, baby, please. You can trust me." he said. I thought about it. I'd never shown anybody my drawings, not even Mikey or my parents. I looked down, away from Frankie, and shook my head. He took my chin in his jaw and gently turned my face to his. "You can trust me." He said again.
I shook my head, clutching my sketchbook tighter. Frank frowned a little, then smiled and nodded. "Ok, baby. It's ok." He said. I smiled and pressed my lips to his. "I love you. And I trust you, just...not with my sketchbook. I'm sorry, Frankie." I said, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. "Oh, baby, no, no, no. It's ok! Listen, Gee. I waited for you to trust me enough to talk to me. I waited for you to trust me enough to sing for me. I will wait until the end of the earth for you, Gee. You have nothing to be sorry for. " He said. I nodded. "Thank you." I replied. "Your welcome." he said, pressing a long, gentle kiss to my forehead. "So, what were you playing over there?" I wondered. Frankie looked over at his guitar, his Pansy, and smiled fondly. He loved that guitar so much. "Nothing much. Just some old tune I made up." he said. "Can I hear it?" I asked. "I guess. It's not that good. I mean, it would be even better with words and everything." he said, rising to his feet and sitting back at his desk before sliding the guitar onto his shoulder. He took a deep breath and started playing. The melody was beautiful, sad and slow. It also sounded vaguely familiar. He smiled at the look on my face. "You know this, don't you?" he asked. "Yeah, I know it. But I can't- that was when it hit me. "My song. That-That's my song." I said. His smile widened and he nodded. "Your song from the bridge. I couldn't stop hearing your voice singing the song in my head. It was just so beautiful, so I used the memory to make a guitar part. It isn't much, but..." He was cut off by me rising from the bed, walking over, and planting my lips on his. He looked a bit surprised for a second, but then he closed his eyes and pushed into the kiss. I lifted him up out of the chair, smiling. We broke apart for a second so he could take his guitar off, but then we came together once again.

After a few minutes, I pulled away, smiling. "It's amazing. Thank you, Frankie. I love it." I said. He took my hands in his and said, "I'm glad you like it. Would you...Would you sing it for me while I play?" he asked nervously. "Um, ok." I said, just as nervous. He smiled gratefully and slid his guitar on, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He counted silently to four and started playing. I smiled shyly as I waited to come in. Once that part came, I started singing.

(I'm putting the lyrics again bc they're beautiful, so...sorry, not sorry!)

Late dawns and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect, just like up on the screen
And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living

Up and down escalators, pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half price sales, trapped in by all these mountains
Running away and hiding with you
I never thought they'd get me here
Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
And if I had the guts to put this to your head...
But would anything matter if you're already dead?
And well should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger,
Your eyes vacant and stained...