nature : chapter eight

hiiiii pls comment

-

Luke had called Reece the morning after he processed the pregnancy, he'd told Matt he'd had an emergency so he didn't come round.

Reece was staying in town for a few days so that they could talk about what they were going to do. His mum had his kids back in Adelaide.

They decided to meet up that afternoon, in a café so there wouldn't be any arguments.

Luke walked in to the Starbucks, and he instantly recognised Reece sitting at the window. He had two coffees and he had a pram by his side.

"You popped it out already?" Luke asked when he approached the table.

Reece looked up and scoffed, "she's my sisters, she had a job interview so I said I'd look after her." He said, Luke sitting down and taking the other coffee, which turned out to be hot chocolate, Luke guessed Reece's drink was the same because well, caffeine isn't good for a baby.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Reece making sure the baby, called Elizabeth, stayed quiet. She was only a few months old.

"Can you tell me how you got pregnant, because I remember you telling me you're infertile, that's why you adopted the other kids." Luke asked and Reece sighed.

"I was told I was infertile like twelve years ago, there's sometimes cases where they get pregnant after. I guess your fucking swimmers attacked me." Reece scoffed at the last bit. Reece had always wanted his own kid with Ashton so when he was told he was infertile, they'd adopted. He couldn't have imagined this ever happening.

Luke sighed, "I really have to stop with one night stands, and wear more condoms." Luke said, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"No shit Luke. I thought we were safe because I was infertile but guess fucking not."

"Well I can drive you to the abortion clinic and I can pay--"

"Wait hold on, I'm not aborting it." Reece interrupted Luke, "I'm not killing a baby Luke."

"Well I can't have it, I don't want a kid with you." Luke said, making Reece stare at him.

"You were all for having a kid with me six years ago," Reece pointed out.

"That's before you fucking left me." Luke scowled.

Reece sighed, "I apologised for leaving and I know it was stupid but you didn't want to come with me either and I was definitely going to leave for a fresh start. I still love you Luke and suddenly I'm pregnant so for me this is an excuse to finally mend what we once had or to at least move on from what happened. You've got to deal with that and be a dad for this kid."

Luke sighed, rubbing over his eyes, it'd been a long night for him, "I don't want to be with you." Luke said.

Reece gulped and nodded, avoiding Luke's eyes. "Okay."

"But I'll be there for the kid." Luke finished.

"Really?" Reece questioned.

Luke nodded, "I'm not a complete asshole, I wouldn't just leave you to deal with three kids while, one day, heavily pregnant."

"Thank you, your help is all I want." Reece smiled softly, glancing down and Luke's hands on the table, he wished he could've  reached over and entwined their fingers.

But Luke sighed, "but I want a scan or something from the doctors, I don't want you lying to me about a baby just to see me again."

And that broke Reece's heart. "You think--" Reece shook his head and ignored the pang in his chest, "whatever you can have a stupid test, I don't care."

And Luke felt like a dick but he couldn't help but feel like Reece may be lying about a baby just to be close to him again. After everything that's happened in the past, he knew Reece would do anything to move on from what had happened. Maybe even make up a baby. He's seen it happen on Glee.

The two sat in awkward silence until Reece had to leave to meet his sister and Luke say goodbye, staying in the Starbucks for a while longer.

How could he have been so stupid to have gotten someone else pregnant?

-

I really like what I have planned

Feedback!

Reece being infertile before hand? (It can in fact magically change sometimes)

Their discussion? Actually talking it out like adults for once lol

Luke wanted a test to make sure Reece isn't lying?

Thoughts? Predictions?