nature : chapter fourteen

50+ comments pls I love you for these comments, y'all do so good for me :')

-

The next day, Luke woke all the kids up before he went to Reece's room and knocked. When Reece answered, Luke saw he wore a big shirt and his boxers before he looked at Reece's face and messy hair. "Can you help Cory get dressed? I'm gonna make breakfast." Luke asked.

"Sure I can do that." Reece smiled a little, glad Luke was nice enough to even talk to him after last night.

When Reece came downstairs with all the kids, Luke was just plating up the toast he'd made. He glanced up at the four kids and Reece before he turned back to make his coffee, generally wanting to ignore the fact his ex was in the same room as him.

Reece sat Cory in the seat, patting his head before he turned to Luke, "where do you keep lunch things?" He asked.

"Breads in the bread bin," he pointed to the wooden bin on the counter. "There's snacks in the cupboard too that you can use." Luke said before he sat down beside Cory and Addy.

Reece made the kids lunches, giving them a sandwich each, as well as a yogurt and a chocolate bar and carton of orange juice. "Oh um remember you have to go to different schools now." Reece told Luke, reminding the younger man. He could've forgotten because it was a change to his schedule. He was being cautious, so he sighed when Luke snapped.

"I know, I'm not dumb." Luke said making Reece turn around and put the lunches in their lunch boxes before he turned to the kids again. "You guys need to brush your teeth now if you don't want to be late."

The kids all ran off upstairs to brush their teeth leaving Reece to put their lunch boxes in their bags. "Does Cory need anything specifically?" He asked Luke.

"No, it's Monday he's fine today," Luke said, putting the plates in the sink.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." Reece said, "I just don't want the next few months to be awkward conversations and arguments."

Luke shrugged, "just leave it."

Reece nodded sadly to himself before the kids came downstairs in their uniforms. "Oh don't you guys look cute." Reece smiled as Declan came over and hugged him, the small boy was wearing his school trousers and white shirt with grey jumper over it, a black and grey tie tucked in to his shirt. "And you finally learnt how to do your tie." He grinned.

"I did." Declan grinned, "are you taking us to school?"

"Um Luke is but I'll be here when you get home alright?" Declan nodded, before Reece sorted out his hair, making sure it wasn't a mess. Cory came over to the pair, climbing on the sofa and standing up.

"Can you do my hair?" Cory asked and Reece smiled, glancing up as Luke left to get dressed. He nodded to the small six year old and ran his hand through Cory's hair, making sure it wasn't knotted before pushing it out of his face.

"Does your school not have a uniform?" He asked the small boy.

Cory shook his head, "I have a blue badge with my name on."

"Where is it?" He asked.

Cory shrugged, "dad has it so I don't hurt myself."

Reece sighed, more conversation with Luke.

As soon as Luke came down stairs, he saw Cory standing on the sofa. "Cory get down." He said, picking up his bag with his laptop in. "We need to get going."

"Cory needs his name badge." Reece said, "i can do it."

Luke nodded and opened his bag, pulling out the blue badge with his sons name on it, throwing it towards Reece.