nature : chapter twenty-two

40+ comments pls ty ilysm

hi y'all it's your local loser

-

They were at the private clinic for their second scan, which was their anomaly scan, which basically told them if there was anything wrong with the baby, also getting an idea of their sex.

Vicky was left in charge of the kids as they went to their appointment, and a nurse keeping an eye on them so they didn't mess around.

Luke knocked on the door of the room, hearing Fran say come in. They walked in, their hands entwined. "Welcome Hemmings family."

Reece smiled at the thought of being a Hemmings one day.

They sat down opposite Fran, "so it's just another ultrasound, as you know." She said, "have you been taking your vitamins?" She asked Reece.

"Yeah, my morning sickness was really bad and I ended up him hospital." Reece said, knowing she'd probably want to know that, "and I feel like the bumps bigger than usual."

Fran smiled, "well we'll have a look now."

"Can we see the gender today?" Luke asked as they stood up.

"Sure, would you like another picture with it?" Luke nodded to her words.

Reece got on the bed, pulling up his shirt and undoing the button on his jeans and tugging them down a little. Fran glanced at his bump, "you are a little big, how far along are we now?"

"Twenty weeks." Reece said.

Fran nodded, getting the monitor set up before picking up the wand, picking up the gel before squirting it on Reece's stomach. Reece flinched, instantly reaching for Luke's hand, who grabbed it.

"so I went through your records and saw you have three adopted kids and Luke has a biological one?" Fran asked.

"Yeah," Reece nodded, leaning his head back. "I was told I was infertile when I was, twenty, I think. But I guess something happened." Reece said, smiling up at Luke, who returned the grin.

"And I've noticed you two seem friendlier now." Fran laughed softly, glancing at the pair and seeing their fond looks.

"You're very observant." Luke joked. "We got together not long ago, him being in the hospital made me realise I should tell him how I feel."

"That's swe--oh wow."

"What?" Reece and Luke asked in sync.

Fran grinned, "I can tell you one of the sexes."

"That's go--wait what? One of?" Luke asked, his hand slipping from Reece's and moving around to look at he monitor. "Oh shit," Luke breathed, looking over at Reece.

"Six?" Reece asked, "six kids? Are you serious?"

Luke went back over to Reece, their hands entwined again, but squeezing, because holy shit, six children.

Fran smiled, "from what I can see, one boy. I can't see the other because of the positioning, your little boy is covering their sibling." She said, before pausing the screen and turning it around to show Reece. "Say hello to your two newest editions."

Reece dropped his head, "six." He breathed.

Luke sucked in a breath, "fuck." He breathed out heavily.

Reece furrowed his brows, seeing Luke was taking in a shallow short breaths. "Shit, Luke. Calm down, breathe, deep breaths."

Luke closed his eyes and focused on Reece's thumb rubbing in to his skin. "Are you s-sure? Six?"