nature : chapter thirteen

semi long yay!! 40+ comments please

-

Luke sat across from Matt at Starbucks, having just revealed the news that Reece was pregnant and would be coming over that day to stay with him. "Why are you just telling me?" Matt asked.

"It's not an easy thing to tell someone you're fucking." Luke said.

"So I guess we won't be fucking anymore?" Matt asked and Luke shook his head slowly, making Matt frown. "I was starting to think we could've had more as well but I guess it wouldn't be a good idea if you're gonna be having a kid with someone,"

Luke frowned, "I'm sorry."

Matt shrugged, "it's fine."

"It was fun while it lasted." Luke said, remembering the times that they'd spent together. "We can still be friends, or maybe after the babies born--"

"It wouldn't work out, and I know Reece still loves you so I don't think I could do that to him." Matt said quickly, before he picked up his coffee. "You should head home." He added, "don't want to miss the arrival of your baby daddy."

Matt sighed and left the Starbucks. Luke frowned, he liked Matt, he thought something could've happened with them. But Luke fucked up, again.

Luke drove home, picking up Cory from his brothers house before heading home. They got their at eleven, Reece would be coming at two so Luke asked Cory to go clean his room in advance. Cory huffed but went upstairs and did as told.

A few hours later when the doorbell rang, Luke took in a shaky breath. But he licked his lips and dug up all his confidence before heading to the front door, Cory opening it on his tip toes as he got there making Luke frown. "I told you to stop opening the front door."

Cory shrugged, the latch coming open and the door opening. He pulled it open and smiled at Reece who stood there. "Reecey!" Cory squealed, hugging Reece's leg.

Reece chuckled before glancing at Luke and smiling tightly, "care to help? There's a lot of boxes."

"Can I help?" Cory asked, poking his head around to see some other kids at a car, taking bags out of it. He frowned at the sight of more kids.

"No, you go watch tv you're too small," Luke said, coming up behind Cory and picking him up quickly making Cory giggle. Luke plopped him on the sofa before kissing his head and handing him the channel. "Go crazy."

Luke went back to the front door and Reece smiled a little before looking back at his car. "Should I just leave my car there? Yours is in the drive way."

"We'll end up using mine more so we can swap them later, or put yours in the garage." Luke said, the two of them walking up the drive to Reece's car.

"That's fine," Reece said.

"Hey kids." Luke smiled before Vicky turned and ran to hug Luke tightly. "Hey Vicky."

Vicky smiled, squeezing Luke. "I'm so happy you're letting us stay with you."

"It's my pleasure." Luke smiled, though he was sure he'd hate to spend the next seven or so months in a house with a hormone raging pregnant Reece. It was sure to be hell.

Luke picked up a box, groaning at the weight, "Christ what's in this?"

"I have needs Luke, and I have too much kid stuff." Reece said, going to pick up the other heavy box but Luke shook his head.

"No heavy stuff, you shouldn't." Luke told him making Reece sigh and pick up a smaller box, which had some of his clothes in it.

"Better?"