nature : chapter twenty-seven

ok I recommend you watch scream and stranger things on Netflix they're both great

2 big ass spiders were in my bathroom so my brothers friend picks them up bare handed and flushed them down the toilet omg

50+ comments!!

-

The morning after, Reece woke up the kids while Luke made breakfast. Reece got the girls up before he went to Declan and Cory's room. He opened the door before he called their names, "Dec, Cor, time to get up."

Cory opened his eyes but once he saw Reece, he hid under the covers. Reece sighed and entered the room, going to Cory's bed and pulling at the covers. "I'm not mad baby." Reece said softly. "I never was."

Cory peaked his head out, "really?"

Reece smiled, "yeah, I never was. Your dad is making breakfast, wanna get out of bed?"

Cory nodded and shoved the covers off of him, he stood up and hugged Reece tightly around his neck. "Love you Reecey, I know I'm not meant to hurt people, it was an accident." Cory grinned.

Reece smiled, "it's okay baby, I love you too."

The three of them left the bedroom, Reece holding Cory's hand as they walked to the kitchen. Luke was already playing up the waffles he'd made, the girls sitting at the table in their pyjamas.

Luke turned to them, "you two alright now?" He asked Reece and Cory.

Reece smiled, squeezing Cory's hand, "I think we are."

"Good, I need my two boys getting along." Luke smiled, before putting the plates of food down. "Cmon, sit down, we need to sit down and talk about us moving house."

They all sat down, Luke told them they'd be moving in about a week and they should all start packing very soon. "I'll get the boxes from the attic and we can start after school today, that sound okay?" He asked.

"Am I getting my own room?" Cory asked, sitting in Reece's lap as he ate his chocolate covered waffle, messily, getting it all over his fingers and face.

"You are." Reece said, picking up a tissue and wiping Cory's face.

"Are you having your own room Reece?" Cory asked, looking up at him.

Reece laughed, "no I'm not, I'm sharing with Luke."

"I'm happy you came back to Dad." Cory said, his hand gripping Reece's shirt, which was now covered in chocolate sauce.

Reece smiled and looked at Luke, who ate his waffle and raised his eyebrows at Reece.

Luke and the kids went to work and school leaving Reece home alone for the rest of the day.

Until at around one in the afternoon, the phone rang. Reece struggled to get up off the sofa with his tummy before he grabbed the landline. He pressed the green button and pressed it to his ear, "hello?"

"Reece?"

"Char?" Reece smiled, "you could've called my phone? What's up?"

"I tried but it wasn't working." Char said, "anyway, I got this number from mum who told me where you were living, so I Facebook searched Luke and I messaged him and he gave me his number."

"You messaged Luke?"

"Mhm, anyway I called because I'm in Sydney for work and I was wondering if you'd come meet me for lunch?"

"Oh yeah sure." Reece smiled, "now?"

"Yeah, meet me at Frankie's in the town?"

"Yeah I'll be there in twenty minutes."

Reece hung up, before he got dressed, finally taking off the chocolate stained shirt. He wore a pair of the pregnancy pants Luke had brought him and a shirt that was Luke's, with his high school name on it. He grabbed a jacket and the house keys, then his car keys.

He got the car from the garage before he headed out in to town. It was a ten minute drive and he parked before going towards Frankie's cafe.

He entered the cafe, searching the tables and seeing his sister near the back of the cafe, sitting down with two drinks. Reece walked over to her, "Hey," he grinned.

Char looked up and smiled brightly, she stood up quickly and pulled Reece in to a hug. "I haven't seen you in ages. I missed you."

"I missed you too." Reece said before they pulled away from each other and sat down. Reece sat opposite his sister, smiling at her. "How have you been?"

"Good." She smiled, "I see you're well."

Reece smiled, taking his drink. "Yeah I am."

"Mum said what happened." Char started, stirring her drink. "As soon as she said she disowned you, we all left."

"We?"

"Yeah, Josh and Dan too." She smiled softly. "We all know she's a such optic bitch, we won't be talking to her any time soon."

Reece chuckled, "thank you."

"How's the baby?"

"Babies," Reece corrected making Char's eyes widen drastically. "Mhm, twins," Reece chuckled.

"Holy shit." Char said before she reached forward and grabbed Reece's hands, "I'm so happy for you. Are you and Luke okay?"

"We're more than okay." Reece said fondly. "We're together again."

"That's sweet." Char giggled.

"How's Tyler? And the kids?"

Char lit up, "they're great, Tyler's off work today so she's looking after Kennedy." Then he smile faltered, "we had been arguing a bit because of mum, she pretended we weren't together, mum ignored my wife and it's sick."

"It's over now." Reece told her, "mums gonna be out of our lives. We can start over without her in the picture."

"Oh that reminds me, dad called me yesterday saying to tell you he's doing his annual barbecue and he wants you and the kids, and well now Luke and Cory, to come visit."

"After we've moved." Reece said.

"Ooh, moving house." She giggled again, leaning closer. "You're all getting serious."

"At first we butted heads a lot but we apologised. Now we're sharing a bed." Reece said, then he leaned closer to Char and lowered his voice. "And we started having sex again, I missed it so much."

Char slapped his arm pulling back, "you're a hormonal slob."

"Wouldn't want it any other way."

-

Something short and you got to see char again, she's got a few kids and a wife :-)

FEEDBACK

Cory and Reece bonding?

Moving in to a big house together?

Reece and Char meeting up? Talking about Luke and their mum and the dad?

Predictions? Thoughts? You liking this book?