nature : chapter seventeen

shortish chapter sorry but I updated anyway

35+comments!!

-

Luke woke up at six am needing to get the kids ready for school, but first needing to sort himself out, because the kids didn't need to be up just yet, so he decided to go for a shower.

He got to the bathroom door, going to open it but it was locked. "Hold on!" He heard Reece call as Luke rubbed at his tired eyes.

He heard the toilet flush before the door opened and Reece smiled tightly, "it's um morning sickness." He said.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked, knowing how Chloe had been with morning sickness, it'd be terrible.

Reece nodded, "I just need to brush my teeth." He said, turning and grabbing his brush and starting on his teeth. He watched Luke through the mirror, seeing Luke turn on the shower and his eyes widened when Luke took off his shirt.

Reece quickly washed his mouth out as Luke slid off his pyjama shorts, quickly leaving and shutting the door behind him.

He paused outside the door, biting his lip when seeing Luke's body again, the blond was so beautiful. He was sad he'd never be able to touch Luke's body again, he had soft skin and he spelt like apricots.

Reece went back to his room, getting dressed and trying to look decent, because he hoped one day he'd look good enough for Luke to want him again, even just for a second.

Reece then woke the kids up, Declan listening and going downstairs but Cory refused, rolling over with a whine. "What's wrong buddy?" Reece asked, sitting next to the small boy and patting his leg. "Hm?"

Cory whined again and rolled over, standing up quickly and wrapping his limbs around Reece, "don't feel well." He mumbled in to Reece's neck. "Don't wanna go to school."

Reece frowned, making Cory sit before he checked his forehead with the back of his hand. "Oh babe." Reece sighed, Cory was boiling, an obvious fever taking over. "Where does it hurt?"

"My head and tummy." Cory sniffled, making Reece stand up and pick him up, the six year old cuddling tight to Reece.

"I'll tell your dad you can stay home today, yeah?" Reece questioned and Cory nodded hastily.

Reece took the boy downstairs, his other three already at the kitchen table. Reece set Cory in his chair before he started on some toast, giving them orange juice as the bread toasted.

Once it was done, he gave it out, Cory not wanting any because of his tummy.

Luke eventually came downstairs and Reece handed him a cup of coffee, Luke mumbling a thank you. "Cory's staying home today." Reece said.

Luke looked at him, "why?"

"He's sick"

"he always plays sick"

"well he's not going today"

"yes he is"

"Luke"

"Reece, my kid, my rules."

Reece scoffed, "what's gonna happen when it's our kid, what're you gonna do then?" He glared at the blond.

Luke glared before looking at Cory who had his blanket around his shoulders and Rico the Rhino squished to his chest. "Cory go get changed, you're going to school." He said sternly, using the voice that always made Cory do as he was told.

Cory whined again, tears falling from his eyes and he sobbed. Reece sighed, walking around the table and picking him up, kissing his hot head. "Luke just feel his head, he's got a fever, he's boiling."

Luke didn't move so Reece walked over to him, Cory making grabby hands and whining. "Dad." He whined, grabbing Luke's hand and putting it against his head.

Luke frowned slightly, "are you really sick? You're not lying this time?"

Cory shook his head, "it's my tummy too."

Luke sighed, taking Cory in to his lap, kissing his head. "You can stay home today then." He sighed, glancing up at Reece, "sorry."

Reece smiled, glad they were getting somewhere.

The other kids got ready and Luke took them to school, leaving Reece and Cory along.

Reece gave Cory some medicine for his tummy and fever before they sat down in front of the TV, Cory lying his head on Reece's lap.

It wasn't long until Cory got to asking questions as usual. "uncle Mikey gave me a photo of you and dad and dad said on Halloween he use to like you when I was a baby, but he won't tell me what happened." Cory pouted, rolling over and looking up at Reece, taking his hand that was playing with his hair.

"You don't want to know kiddo." Reece smiled softly.

Cory shook his head, sitting up in Reece's lap. "I do."

Reece sighed, "don't tell your dad I told you." He said, holding out his pinky finger, to which Cory grabbed with his whole hand because his was so small. "We were fine until I asked your dad to move away with me. But that would mean moving away from Michael and Calum and your grandma and grandad and Ashton too."

"Why was dad mad?"

"He told me no and at the time your dad was younger and he wasn't ready for it, so I left, and I didn't tell him. It's the worse mistake of my life."

"Oh," Cory said, "was dad sad?"

Reece nodded, "we both were."

Cory huffed and hugged Reece tightly, "I hate seeing you dad upset, and you too. I know daddy can be mean sometimes but he doesn't mean it. Ashy says if he's mean to you I'm allowed to hit him."

Reece smiled, at least Ashton cared enough to make sure Luke wasnt mean.

"And you're here now." Cory said, looking up at Reece, "and you're never allowed to leave again." He smiled.

Reece hugged him tightly, "I love you Cor."

"I love you too Reecey."

-

Same Cory

Feedback!!

Cory being sick and Luke nod believing him? Their little fight?

Reece and Cory's talk?? Reece telling him what happened?

Predictions??? Do you think Luke and Reece will be okay??

Also I'm home alone for four days!! Party at mine y'all!!