nature : chapter thirty-seven

LIT I MIGHT WRITE THE EPILOGUE RN AND FINISH THIS TONIGHT iF YOY COMMENT A LOT

50+ comments!!!

-

Two weeks later after revealing their engagement to everyone, the couple had decided to take the morning to go to the town hall. Paige looked after Declan as she tutored him, and she would take care of the babies for the morning.

Then Luke and Reece left the house, they got in to the car and drove in to the city. They came to a red light, Luke glancing over at Reece, "you okay?" The blond asked.

Reece nodded, biting his lip, "yeah, I'm good, excited."

Luke grinned, "good, so am I."

"Did you get rings?" Reece questioned.

"I did." Luke said, "they're in the glove compartment."

Reece leaned forward as the light turned green, opening the glove compartment and pulling out the velvet box inside. He opened it, seeing two silver wedding bands, and grinning. "They're pretty." Reece smiled, picking one up and feeling it, he felt an engravement on the inside, turning it around in his hand and looking at the engravement.

On the inside we're the words, "inside and out".

"Why those words?" Reece questioned.

Luke glanced at his fiancé again, "because I love you, inside and out."

Reece blushed, looking away from Luke, he couldn't believe Luke was his. Luke was so sweet and gentle. He was an amazing lover who had given him two of his own babies and an amazing family and another chance. Reece couldn't ask for more.

They arrived at the town hall, Luke having called ahead at the reception to tell them what they planned on doing that day. They were told where to go and then they were waiting to go in to the office of the woman who would marry them legally.

Their hands were entwined between them, Luke's foot tapping anxiously as they waited. Reece simply stared up at the ceiling, waiting, his other hand on his stomach, feeling the scar through his shirt.

"I'm nervous." Luke said softly.

Reece looked at the blond, "why?"

"I don't want you to regret having a quick marriage, like if you want a big white wedding you can have that." Luke said, "I don't want you to regret marrying me."

Reece shook his head, "I could never."

Luke huffed, nodding, "Okay."

Reece squeezed his hand before looking at the office door that opened, "Hemmings?" The lady called, Luke and Reece standing up at the sound of their names. "Hi, come on in." she smiled politely.

They entered the office, sitting down, the woman, Maggie Lee Jenkins, sitting at the leather chair behind her desk. "So I'm marrying you today?"

Luke nodded, "yeah, we don't want a big wedding, thought we might as well get it over and done with."

Reece smiled to himself, pulling Luke's hand in to his lap and holding it there with both his hands. He was a little nervous now, but only with the aspect that he was going to be marrying Luke.

"Ah that's nice." Maggie smiled, pulling out papers from her drawer. "There's a few things to sign and then you're officially married, not much to it."

Maggie put the papers on the table, "it's just a thing to state your vows and your commitments to each other. Then the other one is the official marriage certificate that legally binds you both together." She pushed the letters towards them and then handed them a pen.