xix. Of Gods and Goddesses

Chapter NineteenOf Gods and Goddesses

Chapter Nineteen
Of Gods and Goddesses

★ ★ ★ ★

  "Tony!" Diana cried as he decked Thor from where he stood with Loki on a rock cliff. She hoped Tony would be reasonable with Thor at least while she handled Loki again.

"Let's go, Loki," Wonder Woman said as she approached him. Loki didn't turn around to face her and continued to stare out to the vast and dark woods.

"Does it not ever bore you, Princess?" He asked her. Wonder Woman furrowed her eyebrows to which Loki began to elaborate. "The endless wars of Man. For as long as you can remember you have played a key role in the protection of them. But for what? You do not gain anything from man, they do not deserve you. They are all corrupt, evil and malicious."

Wonder Woman raised her head high and said the one sentence she didn't believe she would every say again, "I agree, but they are also so much more."

"Ah, yes. Princess Diana of Themyscira, Amazon warrior and demigoddess. So high and mighty. What a demeaning façade. You know in my realm we have stories written about you, much like they do of you and I here. It seems your image ceases to proceed you," Loki insult her with a smirk plastered across his lips. Wonder Woman grew annoyed and clenched her jaw.

"That is enough," She said, walking closer to Loki and swiftly wrapping her lasso around him and commanded him to stay silent.

Wonder Woman grabbed his arm and flew the two into the air, before coming down the rock ledge to see the trio of men arguing. She stood a few feet from the scene when Captain America appeared. She hoped he would be the one to reason with the bickering men.

"Thats enough!" Captain America cried out, interrupting the two. "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here—"

Thor interrupted him and pointed at his adopted brother, "I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!"

"Then prove it. Put that hammer down," Captain America said to the Asgardian. Iron Man laughed and disagreed, "Uh... yep! No! Bad call! He loves his hammer!"

"You want me to put the hammer down?" Thor cried in anger, after throwing Iron Man a couple feet away. Thor jumped up with his hammer to attack Captain America but luckily he held his shield up and the hammer collided with it, causing a wave of vibration to spread around them. The trees around them fell as did Thor, but Diana and Steve stayed in her place, not having moved a muscle.

"Are you all done acting like children?" Wonder Woman called to them, annoyed at their barbaric and idle actions.

It wasn't long before the four of them and Loki reentered the quinjet. Diana sat Loki down in his original seat across from Diana, Thor stood a few feet from him, and Tony and Steve a few feet from Thor.