vii. Encountering the Inevitable

Chapter SevenEncountering the Inevitable

Chapter Seven
Encountering the Inevitable

★★★★

"What in God's name are you wearing, Diana?" Howard asked in shock as Diana stepped foot on his plane. Diana glanced down at her battle armor and furrowed her eyebrows.

"This is my armor."

"Armor?" He asked in disbelief. "Die, you're showing more than you're protecting!"

"I don't understand how what I am wearing concerns you. You do not have an opinion in what I wear nor should you shame a woman because of their body, Howard," Diana fiercely replied and crossed her arms. Peggy, who was seated inside the plane to the left wall, smiled and added, "Words of wisdom."

Steve had been the last to board and when he finally did, the group set out into the skies.

"The Hydra camp is in Krausberg. It's up between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind," Peggy stated to Steve and Diana as she held out a map on her lap.

"We should be able to drop you and Diana around the doorstep," Howard said from the pilot's seat. Steve furrowed his eyebrows at his words, "Me and Diana?"

He turned to Peggy and Diana curiously.

"That's right," Peggy said.

"Diana is not coming with me," Steve stated firmly. Diana raised an eyebrow, "Of course I am."

"No, it's too dangerous!"

Diana narrowed her eyes at him and said, "I have fought hundreds of battles. I have won a war. This is not up to you, Steve. I am going. End of discussion."

Steve sighed and turned to look at her, "You don't have to do this."

"What I do is not up to you," Diana stated with a coming smile across her lips. Steve was at loss for words and searched her face for any sign of repent. He found none.

"Just get us as close as you can," Steve said to Howard after a few moments of silence.

"You know you two are going to be in a lot of trouble when you land," Steve said to Peggy, more so than Diana.

"And you won't?" Peggy asked curiosity from her seat beside Diana.

"Where I'm going if any anybody yells at me I can just shoot them," Steve replied as he fastened a parachute on his back.