xxii. Avengers Initiative

Chapter Twenty-OneAvengers Initiative

Chapter Twenty-One
Avengers Initiative

★ ★ ★ ★

      "Put on the suit!" Diana cried out to the billionaire in a haste after regaining focus from the explosion.

      "Okay!" Tony breathed out and nodded. Steve helped Diana to her feet and the two quickly left the area to prepare for incoming battle.

      Once Diana was dressed and equipped, she caught up with Tony and Steve in the east hallway of the helicarrier. She pushed her hair behind her shoulder and adjusted her Amazonian tiara while running beside Tony while Steve ran on his other side.

      "I'm on it," Tony said, his finger on his ear. Diana had then thought of his intercom, Fury had most likely given him an order.

      "What does he need us to do?" Diana asked, adjusting her shield on her back.

      "Repair the engine damage, it has no protection meaning we're gonna have to fix it from the air," Tong explained to her. She nodded knowing it wouldn't be a problem for her and Tony, but would be for Steve seeing as he couldn't fly.

      "Engine three. I'll meet you there, Prince," Tony said, going to suit up and letting the two rush to the engine.

      "Are you up for this?" Steve asked Diana as the two rushed to engine three. Diana glanced at him when they arrived and slowly nodded. "As ready as I ever will be."

      "Stark! Stark, We're here!" Steve cried to Tony over his communicator.

      Diana had luckily remembers she had an extra communicator in her belongings and placed it in her left ear.

      Tony replied over the communicator, "Good. Let's see what we got. Diana, I'm gonna need you out here in the air. I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris. Steve, I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position."

      "On my way," Diana replied to Tony. She glanced at Steve before she flew into the air and found Tony by the propeller that had failed.

      "What's it look like in there?" Tony asked Steve as soon as he saw Diana approach him.

      "It seems to run on some form of electricity," Steve answered, causing Diana to laugh.

      "Well, you're not wrong," Diana said to him.

      After a moment of silence, Steve's voice was heard again, "Okay, the relays are intact! What's our next move?"