Chapter 36

"Clarke, would you accompany me to Polis?" Lexa asks.

I'm proud of myself for not completely blanching at the suddenness of it, but I can't keep the surprise off my face.

"Polis? As in the capital?"

"Sha (yes)." Lexa confirms, and I can tell by the look in her eyes that if I say no then she won't force me to go.

It's not easy to deny her anything, and it doesn't sound too bad if I go. Plus, I don't know how long this meeting will take, or how long she'd have to be away. I mean, I know I haven't known Lexa that long, but I'd definitely miss her.

"Yeah, I'll go. But why do you want me to come?"

"It is the largest city in the twelve clans and the only place where people from all different clans are guaranteed to live in peace. It is beautiful, and I think you would like it. But that is not the only reason, of course. You are my advisor now, and this would be a great opportunity to learn more about the different clans and their leaders. And I am certain that eventually the others will want to know about the girl who fell from the sky. It is completely up to you if and when you want to reveal that you are her. It is in one week, so we will need to leave in two days. Tomorrow, I will tell you some basic things you should know at the meeting."

"Alright." I nod, taking all of that in.

"We can talk about this more after we have slept. If it is okay with you, I will come get you an hour after sunrise." Lexa offers.

"That's fine, but if I'm still asleep don't wake me up like Anya does." I joke, wondering if she gets it.

Lexa chuckles, a smile lighting up her face. Float me, I can never get over just how incredibly gorgeous she is. "Does she still pour water?"

"Yeah, and I've had her sit on me too."

"You would not get up with the water." Anya points out.

I turn toward her, barely stop myself from jumping at the sound of her voice. I completely forgot that other people are here besides Lexa and I.

"That doesn't mean you have to sit on me." I retort, loving how I can hear Lexa's stifled laughter.

"I did not have to, it was just a bonus. And it worked." Anya points out smugly.

I huff and roll my eyes playfully, pretending not to hear Luna snickering and telling Anya "good job". I don't really care about the sitting anymore. It was a while ago, and it's Anya. She could kick my butt without breaking a sweat.

Indra seems almost amused by what's going on, but eats without commenting on anything else. Her eating reminds me that there's food in front of me to fill my grumbling stomach.

I start chewing on the meat, noting immediately that the portions are slightly larger than normal. And the meat's tougher than anything I've ever had. Despite that, it's surprisingly good.

Once I swallow my bite, I ask Lexa. "Is this the Pauna we caught?"

"Sha. It is better tasting than I expected." Lexa responds.

"Heda, how did you kill the Pauna?" Indra asks, setting down her fork and knife. She leans slightly forward.

"It was actually Clarke who killed it." Lexa says.

"Really?" Luna asks.

"You were there." Anya points out.

"I was in a hole." Luna grumbles, making Anya raise an eyebrow, but she doesn't ask any further questions.

Seeing that the disruption is over, Lexa continues. "We found its lair, but it was not there at first. Then, it came out of the forest surrounding the clearing and ran at us. Clarke fired arrow after arrow, but it did not even flinch. We had to leap out of the way to avoid being crushed and then while it was down, I started trying to cut through its thick skin with my swords with minimal results. Angered and only slightly weakened, it hit me with its arm. I go flying with the force of it and hit a tree. Then, I was dazed with only one sword and too dizzy to get up when it charges it at me. To save my life, Clarke fired arrows at it until she had only one left so it turns its attention to her. It started coming towards her and she aimed. I thought she was going to get killed, but she shot it right in the eye, killing it."

I had no idea that Lexa's story telling skills are so amazing. Even I'm on the edge of my seat while she's telling it, and I was there.

"You did good, Skai girl." Indra says gruffly and my eyes widen. I've never had her give me anything resembling a compliment before.

"Mochof (thank you)." I say. Indra nods and then continues eating.

"Why were you in the hole?" Anya asks Luna.

I start eating again, but listen because I don't remember her explaining that to Lexa and me.

"I was traveling at night and was trying to get to where I saw Clarke crash down. I had nothing for light, and only a stick to help me feel what was in front of me. I thought the hole was a hill or a valley, so I started climbing down it and fell. My ankle gave out when I tried standing up so I decided to stay there until morning so I could figure out where to go from there."

"Is your ankle okay?" Anya asks, frowning and glancing down.

"Yes, it is. Clarke has looked over it a few times. As long as I do not lift anything heavy, I should recover fully in a week." Anya nods at Luna's words, relaxing slightly.

Do they still like each other? I mean, they don't seem that different in age but it must've been a few years since they've seen each other after Luna ran away to the Floukru.

"The next morning, I woke up to see a Pauna staring down at me. I panicked and tried to get away, but that did not end well with my twisted ankle. It just looked at me for a bit and then left. Then, I realized I was in a hole with a door, but it was locked and too far for me to move on uneven ground. I resigned myself to die there, but Clarke got me out."

"Lexa did not help?" Anya asks, surprised.

"She tried but was in a lot of pain. At that time, we did not know who the other person was. Lexa was trying to go after Clarke, but whenever she tried she would groan in pain so I had to yell at her to stop."

We stay there for a little while longer after Luna finishes her story, but I'm exhausted so I turn in first. Lexa bids everyone else goodnight too, and walks me to my tent.

"Goodnight, Lexa." I murmur shyly.

"Goodnight, Clarke. I will see you in the  morning." Lexa responds, giving me a small smile.

Ignoring how fast my heart is beating, I lean in and kiss her cheek before going inside my tent.

Some of you last chapter weren't a fan of Clarke using the word "ship", which is understandable. I just find it hilarious because how would Clarke know that? Did she read Fanfiction too? Was there a class on Old Earth culture and slang?

Anyways... What to you think about Luna and Anya? Do you like them as a possible future couple, or do you think their romance is over forever? And go Clarke, kissing Lexa on the cheek! Thank you all for reading and for your incredibly amazing comments! Stay awesome!