Chapter 111

The next day is a long one. Between Lexa and I going over the plan again, in excruciating detail and the many people who interrupt us with questions, we're both happy when the sun sets.

Tonight it feels like being in Lexa's arms is what's keeping me sane. We make love, though we only go for one round. It calms us both and quiets our minds enough that we fall asleep quickly, wrapped up in each other.

Waking up is less pleasant, however. I jolt awake to the sound of shouting, only to realize that it's just people ordering others around. Because today's the day we start to march against the mountain.

I rub my eyes and yawn, hoping not to wake Lexa if she's still asleep. I look at her to see that her gorgeous green eyes are already open. She smiles softly and raises one of my hands to her lips, gently kissing it.

"Good morning, hodnes (love)." Lexa murmurs.

"What's so good about it?" I grumble sleepily, making Lexa chuckle.

"You are in bed next to me," she replies sweetly. "And you are naked."

I laugh at her response and lean in to kiss her. "That was really cute."

Lexa's smile grows and she doesn't even try to argue that "I'm Heda, Clarke. I'm ferocious and strong, not cute and-Clarke, Clarke. Stop giggling."

"We should get up. We are needed." Lexa says but stays right where she is.

"Ugh," I groan. "Okay, okay." I sit up and smirk at how Lexa's staring hungrily at my now exposed chest. "Babe, come on. We have to lead our people into war. We can do that later, okay?"

Lexa sighs but nods understandingly. She sits up and leans in. We kiss and Lexa manages to sneak her hands up to my chest while I'm distracted by her talented tongue. I chuckle at her antics and Lexa grins at me with a gentle expression. I shake my head fondly and kiss her one last time before I get out of bed.

Lexa stands as well and we start helping each other put on our armor. It would be a faster process if we didn't keep giving each other quick kisses, but neither of us mind. We do each other's kohl and I have to admit, it feels right to have it on my face.

We pack up, going through the tent and making sure we don't leave anything. We attach our swords and hide multiple daggers and I attach my bow and arrows to my back. I also take a gun that Raven gave to me and take a few extra packs of ammunition. Last, we tie each other's cloths to our wrists.

Lexa takes my hand in hers when we're both ready and we walk out of our tent. People are rushing around the ArkKru camp.

Anya catches up to us. "Almost everyone is ready to go. We are only waiting on a few."

Lexa nods, slipping into Heda mode. "Alright. Everyone knows what they have to do? Once we get close, there is no room for error or forgetfulness."

"They know. Now come, Heda and Clarke. You will lead us."

I take a deep, shaky breath and Lexa squeezes my hand knowingly. We follow Anya as she weaves her way through the heavily armed crowd. They part for us, but there are so many people that it still takes a while to get to the front.

When we get there, Raven's already there and on a horse. She's not too happy about it because she's one of the very few people who is actually going to be on a horse. But I guess Luna and Anya convinced her that riding a horse is better than walking for however long it takes to walk to the Mountain.

"Hey Griffin," she greets. "Hey Lexa. Bellamy and Lincoln left at dawn. Their radio works and they've been keeping me updated on how close they are to the Mountain. Last time they checked in, they were close enough that they had to leave their horses and go on foot. They should be checking in again soon."

"Good." I say, relieved. At least so far everything is going to plan. "Thanks, Rae."

"No problem. Now are we ready to go?" Raven asks impatiently.

Luna walks up, causing her girlfriends to perk up at the sight of her. "We are ready."

"Stay up here?" Raven questions, looking between Anya and Luna.

Her girlfriends exchange a gentle look and nod. "Of course," Luna answers.

"Are you ready for this, ai hodnes (my love)?" Lexa asks me.

"I'm as ready as I ever will be. Let's do this." I hope I sound more confident than my nerves are making me feel.

Lexa squeezes my hand again and turns to face the crowd of people behind us. "Today we march toward the Mountain. In three days time, we will arrive to fight. They will take no more of us! They will not take any more children, siblings, parents, friends, loved ones. We fight back and remember those we have lost. Jus drein jus daun (blood must have blood)!"

The chant quickly spreads throughout the people and it fills my heart with confidence. Skaikru and ArkKru people are even picking it up and are shouting along.

Lexa pulls out one of her swords and thrusts it into the air. "Kom war!"

With that, we start marching. We make our way through the undergrowth, the sound of thousands of feet hitting the ground behind us. Anya and Luna stay close to Raven and glare at anyone who gets too close.

Lexa keeps holding my hand as we continue walking. We take a few breaks, mostly for the ArkKru and Skaikru who aren't as used to so much physical activity. Scouts continue to give us updates. By the time we have been marching for a few hours, it's confirmed that the Maunon know we are coming. But with Lexa by my side and an army at my back, I'm not too worried.

Ooh, it's getting intense! Soon, the Maunon fight begins! And you'll get to see the brilliant plan they came up with... Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!