Chapter 92

Lexa, Raven, Anya, Luna, and I all decide to stay in Raven's tent for dinner and eat together. While I'm out getting food for us, I find Artigas helping a Skaikru kid set up a tent.

"Hey," I greet him.

Artigas turns to see me and smiles widely. "Hello, Clarke!" I know that if he weren't holding a support beam in place, he would be hugging me. "It has been a while."

"It has. When you're done, do you want to have dinner with me? I mean, it wouldn't just be me and you. Lexa, Raven, Luna, and Anya will be there too."

"If you are certain I would not be imposing, then yes." Artigas responds as another Trikru person helps the struggling Skaikru kid tie the beam in place.

"You wouldn't be imposing."

"Then I would love to. Where should I go when I am finished here?" Artigas asks. "I should be done soon if there are not any more problems."

"We will be in Raven's tent." I say. "I'll get your food for you."

"Mochof (thank you)."

"Pro (you're welcome)," I respond.

Artigas releases the beam and smiles proudly when it stays in place. He turns to me and gives me a tight hug.

He releases me, "I will be there soon."

"See you then." I say, smiling at him.

I head to where the food is stored and get enough for all of us. I somehow manage to carry all of the plates back to Raven's tent without dropping anything.

Lexa holds open the tent flaps for me and helps me pass out the food, quickly noticing the extra plate.

"Who else is joining us?" Lexa asks.

"I saw Artigas and asked him to. I hope you guys don't mind."

"No, that's fine. He's the puppy, right?" Raven questions, grinning at me and winking to let me know she's not entirely serious (though when is she ever). "You know. The young guard?"

"He's the guard that was assigned to me when I first got to TonDC, yeah." I elaborate.

He walks in a few moments later, smiling shyly at the three girlfriends and sitting closer to Lexa and me.

"None of this will blow up, right?" He asks, eyeing some of the projects on Raven's desks.

Raven bursts out laughing. "I like this kid. They won't blow up unless I want them to. Most of the time."

Artigas blanches and I hand him his plate of food. It's a bit awkward at first since Anya and I are the only ones who know him well. We quickly get into discussions about tomorrow and fill him in on what's happening.

"The leader of the Sky People had someone hurt you and send you down here? Coward." Artigas scowls. "I hope he is killed for his actions."

"I'm not sure he will be killed. He is the boss up there," Raven sighs, leaning against Luna. Anya moves closer and puts a comforting hand on her lower back. "I don't think they will let him continue to be Chancellor, though. I guess I'll find out later."

"Would you like us to stay here with you?" Anya asks quietly.

"Yes. Thank you." Raven murmurs back.

It's quiet for a bit before Artigas looks outside and frowns. "I apologize for interrupting, but it is getting late. I am going to head back to my tent." He stands and smiles brightly. "It was nice to see you all."

I give him a hug before he leaves, making him promise that we'll be doing this again soon before I let him go. He grins at me and leaves, wishing us all a good night and insisting on taking our dirty plates.

"What a nice kid," Raven remarks, laying back on her bed. She yawns

I exchange a look with Lexa and then nod to her. She stands as well, lacing our fingers together.

"We should be going as well," Lexa says. "Good luck tomorrow, Raven. Let us know how it goes with the Ark's Council."

"Thanks," she smiles gratefully. "I'll have one of these lovely ladies get you and Clarke if or when we need you."

"Alright," I respond. "See you tomorrow Rae. You're going to be great."

I give her an extra dorky thumbs up as I leave with Lexa, grinning when I hear Raven's laughter behind us.

I take Lexa's hand in mine and she leads us to our temporary tent. While I was off getting us all food, Anya and Luna were telling her where our tent is.

"What do you think is going to happen tomorrow?" Lexa asks me as we walk.

"I have no idea. I'm hoping that they will elect a new Chancellor, but in the Ark, Jaha is a highly respected man. I'm not sure even sending their best mechanic down here with a bullet in her back will make them want him out. But my mom is highly respected too, even more than Jaha to some people. I'm hoping she can convince people that Jaha truly is a terrible person."

"I hope so to." Lexa says. "If he comes down here, I will not hold Anya and Luna back from killing him. In fact, if he comes down here, I will have him pay his life for his people's. Then they will see what a coward he is when he refuses."

"Then I hope he doesn't come down here. You won't reject the ArkKru just because he won't give up his life, right?"

"Of course not." Lexa says.

She holds open tent flaps. It's not a big tent, just large enough to hold a bed, a wardrobe, a table, and two chairs. Lexa closes the tent behind us and we start taking off our clothes.

"I will use his refusal as an example of his cowardly ways. I will figure it out. But I will not reject the ArkKru because of him." Lexa promises.

"Thanks. I just wanted to make sure. Jaha kind of brings out the worst in everyone." I murmur.

Lexa nods, "He is not a good leader. We have long since discovered that Hedas and Generals and Clan Leaders must bring out the best in their people."

I hum in response and get under the furs. "Come here, babe." I say sleepily, feeling the day catch up with me.

Lexa smiles at me softly and gets in bed. She rests her head on my chest and wraps an arm around my waist. I wrap an arm around her and kiss her forehead. We fall asleep, worried about what the next day will bring but content in each other's arms.

Next chapter, will Jaha be kicked off the Council? Will he continue to be Chancellor? Will he throw a hissy fit because Raven's still alive and well? (Definitely). I know some of you were hesitant about the whole sexuality still being a thing, but here's what I meant. In their world it's handy to know like: "oh you like these genders/this gender? That's not me so I have no hope of being with you. Okay, what about you?" That kind of thing, if it makes any sense... Happy New Year! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!