Chapter 52

Lexa and I end up making out in her throne room for a while until it gets close enough to dinner time that we have to go back to her room and freshen up. We stand side by side in the bathroom, fixing our hair and trying to make sure there aren't any visible hickies (it was a pretty intense make out session. I may have straddled her while she sat on her throne at one point) and then we help each other make sure our armor is on right. No clothing was removed during the making out, but I know we were both tempted.

Lexa makes us stop before we leave her room and kisses me gently before kissing my nose. I practically swoon and she smiles brightly, taking my hand. She holds the door open for me and then leads me to a dining room. It's big enough to fit all of the clan leaders and then some.

"Artigas is coming to this dinner. I know you probably miss him." Lexa states, giving me a soft smile.

"Mochof (thank you)." I say. "I haven't seen him since we got to the Heda's Tower."

"I am sure he will tell you what he has been doing with his time when he arrives. Dinner starts soon. I will be there, at the head of the table. You will be next to me and Artigas will be next to you. Anya will be on the other side of you, next to Luna and then Indra will be next to Artigas. People will start arriving in a few minutes. Would you like to sit down or continue to stand?"

"I've had enough standing for one day. I was standing through the whole meeting, and then you kept me on my feet while also sweeping me off of my feet."

"I am not sure what that means." Lexa cocks her head like a confused puppy.

"It means you kept me standing while we were kissing, but you were also being very charming and... Man, it's hard to explain." I grumble that last sentence.

"I think I understand what you are saying." Lexa says. She pulls out my chair and gestures for me to sit.

I do and thank her. "You're such a gentlewoman."

Then I have to explain that to her too. By the time I'm done, clan leaders start coming in and taking their seats. Artigas comes in with Anya and Luna, looking awed as he takes in the room. He sees me and grins. I get up and meet him halfway with a hug.

"It's good to see you again." I say as I pull back. I gesture to the seat beside me and he looks surprised but sits anyway. "What have you been up to?"

"The first day I explored Polis. It is a beautiful city. Since then I have been training with the other guards. They have taught me some interesting fighting techniques."

Lexa holds up a hand and all conversations stop immediately. "Welcome to dinner. I have had the best chef in all the clans prepare a meal for us. Let us eat, drink, and be merry."

Some clan leaders cheer at that, raising their glasses to that. Anya and Luna take a sip of the liquid that's in their glasses and Anya grimaces.

"You got the strong stuff." Anya observes. She then notices that Luna is still casually sipping it without even flinching. "How are you not fazed by this?"

"What we have in Floukru is stronger." Luna states.

I look warily at my glass until Lexa talks. "Clarke, I made sure that your drink is much less strong. I remember you saying you did not drink much on the Ark."

I practically sigh in relief. "Thank you. And yeah, alcohol was hard to come by and mainly available on our version of the black market. Before coming down here, I never had any."

"What is this Ark?" The man with the five kids asks.

I glance at Lexa, and can tell she doesn't mind me talking about this and the hundred. I find myself repeating my story again, what the Ark is and how it's failing. What happened for me to be locked up and why I was sent down here. By the end of it, I see no more mistrust in anyone but Nia and Titus, who came in with the clan leaders and is sitting on the opposite end of the table, across from Lexa. I think I even see respect in some of the clan leaders' eyes. I finish by telling them about the hundred and how they will be falling soon, so hopefully they won't be too alarmed when it happens. As long as everyone on the Ark isn't dead already, at least. But I keep that thought to myself. By the time I'm done, the food has arrived.

"Clarke also has some insights into the Maunon." Lexa says. "But that is talk for after we eat."

Dinner itself is pretty great, with some leaders questioning me about various things on the Ark or how I view them. Luckily, I don't get too many questions so I'm able to eat. The food is incredible and I actually have to bite back a few moans. I love the food down here.

When everyone's finished, some people come in and clear the plates, refilling some drained glasses.

"So what have you discovered about the Maunon in a few months that we have not discovered in the years they have been our enemies?" Nia asks, clearly hoping I fail at this.

I start explaining everything Lexa and I have found, and don't leave out how they tried to watch us on our way here and how we think they're planning something. I warn everyone to keep an eye out for them and then have to explain to them what that phrase means.

Soon after I finish talking, everyone heads back to their rooms for the night. Lexa and I are the last to leave, and she holds my hand as we walk back to her room.

My dog stole my donut :/ it was absolutely covered in sprinkles and looked delicious and he licked off some frosting before I found it, so I had to toss it... I may have called him an asshole. Anyway! It took me five minutes to look through previous chapters to make sure I brought Artigas to Polis and remembered that clexa has a date to have in Polis... So that'll be coming up. And where I am, it's finally getting cold! Though school starts Tuesday... So on school days updates will be coming later in the day! Thank you for reading and stay awesome!!