Chapter 118

Once Bellamy confirms that the acid fog won't hurt us anymore, it's like a huge breath of relief has been spread through us. Anya and Luna go out to tell the warriors that it's no more while the rest of us continue going over our plan until we are ready to go again.

A few hours after the Maunon's team attacked, we get the news that everyone's ready to march. Mom had worked tirelessly alongside Jackson and a few Grounder healers like Nyko to help the ones injured in the attack. Very few people were killed luckily, and most of them were Maunon.

Lexa and I walk out of our planning tent and start helping to pack up. We assist in taking down tents and placing them in wagons pulled by some of the strongest, largest horses I've ever seen. Which isn't saying much, considering I had never seen a horse until I got to the ground, but still. They're huge.

"Is it true?" A warrior asks when we're about to pass them, causing us to pause and listen. "The fog is gone?"

"Sha (yes). A Skaikru boy by the name of Bellamy made sure of it." Lexa answers.

The warrior smiles, their red kohl (coal/war paint) moving when their face does. "Good. Mochof (thank you). It is difficult to believe that it is gone. May the gods guide us as we fight to free our people."

With that, they bow to us and continue walking. I take Lexa's hand in mine.

"Can you tell what clan they were from?" Lexa asks.

"Really, a quiz on kohl right now?" I question with a raised eyebrow.

Lexa doesn't relent. "It will keep your mind off of what has to be done and what might happen."

"Okay. They're Sankru."

"How can you tell?" Lexa prompts.

"The red kohl. Though it's something available throughout the clans, only Sankru use it exclusively or as their main kohl color."

Lexa hums, nodding. "And what is it made out of?"

"The red clay that's abundant in the desert."

Lexa smiles approvingly at me. "Very good. Did it work?"

"For a second," I admit.

"Sometimes that is all you need to refresh yourself."

I chuckle to myself. "Raven was right. My girlfriend's a human fortune cookie."

"What is that?" Lexa questions.

"I'll tell you when we're not about to fight a technologically superior enemy that you've never been able to defeat."

Lexa nods and then her eyes go back to how our people are finishing putting away tents.

"Do you think we can do this?" She whispers so quietly I can barely hear her. "Do you think we can finally win against the Maunon?"

"Yes I do." I answer confidently and Lexa looks over at me, worry in her eyes. "I'm not saying it will be easy because it won't be. But our plan is solid and our people are smart and strong. We will win."

Lexa nods and lets out a breath. She gives me a quick kiss. "Thank you, Clarke. I needed to hear that." She looks around the makeshift camp once more and her expression turns serious again. "I think we are done here."

I squeeze Lexa's hand. "Then let's march to the Mountain to kick some ass."

Lexa's stoic face breaks and she laughs at my wording. With a more relaxed demeanor, she reaches out to stop a warrior from walking past. They pause immediately and turn to us, their head bowed in respect.

"Sha Heda (yes Commander)?"

"Tell them to sound the war horns." Lexa orders.

They nod and rush off. Lexa and I start walking towards the front of our army. A few of the others, like Lincoln and Raven, fall in step behind us. Our people look at us and seem to realize why we're moving. I fight the urge to laugh when I see a Skaikru girl nearly trip and fall on her face in her excitement.

The war horns sound all at once, making it feel like it's everywhere at once. Some warriors start to cheer and everyone seems to be brimming with energy.

Lexa effortlessly slides a sword out from her holster around her waist and lifts it into the air. "Kom wor (to war)!"

It feels like the sky echoes her shout back to her with how many people repeat it behind us. Lexa resheathes her sword and gives me a confident smile.

With that, we start walking. Lexa takes my hand again and we march towards the Mountain. She lets go soon enough though, when we start getting very close. I pull out my bow and notch an arrow, keeping an eye out for any Maunon.

We do end up finding some and we shoot them all down. Raven turns out to be really good with a gun and knocks down three Maunon snipers on the way. By the way she grins and cackles quietly to herself whenever she gets oke, I can tell she's having the time of her life. Her girlfriends are impressed by her skills as well. They even find Raven's "this just goes to prove I'm good with my hands" remark funny.

It feels like it's not long at all before we reach the Maunon's large metal door. Lexa and I are crouched together behind a large boulder and we nod to each other. Everyone knows what to do. We're ready to enact our plan.

I peek my head out and duck immediately when a shot rings out. Snipers. Of course they have snipers here.

"We need to take them out first." I murmur.

Lexa nods and relays this to Raven, Luna, and Anya, who are crouched behind a nearby boulder. Anya gives out quiet orders and a group of roughly twenty Skaikru and Grounders sneak away towards the hill over the door where the snipers are.

Anya moves closer to us to talk quietly. "This is your chance. Get who you need and go."

Lexa studies her face for a moment and nods. Raven kisses Anya and Luna deeply but quickly before quickly making her way over behind our boulder. A bullet pings off of the rock behind her, missing her by a narrower margin that I would like.

"Let's do this." Raven whispers.

Woohoo! We're finally at the Mountain! And the plan is getting on it's way! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!