Chapter 86

Raven's POV

"He shot you?" Luna murmurs in a low voice. "In the back? Coward." She's scowling like Anya usually does.

I turn my attention to Anya and shiver at what I see. Her expression is absolutely murderous. She's clenching her fists under the water and glaring straight ahead. I place my other hand (the one that isn't underneath Luna's) on top of hers and she takes in a breath.

"He had better never come down here." She practically growls.

"Who? The douche canoe that shot me or Jaha?" I ask.

"Both." Anya says with finality.

"If they come here, I will hold them down while you behead them." Luna says, making me blanch.

"No, beheading is quick and that is too kind of a fate for them." Anya states. "Either we dismember them while they are conscious or they suffer death by a thousand cuts."

"Um." I blink. I didn't expect Anya and Luna  to applaud them for what they did to me, but I definitely didn't think they would start discussing Jaha and that guard's murder in response. "Isn't that going a bit overboard?"

"No, it is not. They both deserve a hundred deaths for harming you." Anya says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"What happened after you were shot?" Luna asks, changing the subject.

"Oh, uh. Turns out getting shot is incredibly painful, so I passed out. When I woke up again, I was strapped into a chair on the dropship with the others. We were about to enter the earth's atmosphere when I realized my back was hurting worse then before. I knew that I should stay awake, but I was exhausted from fighting and in pain, so I passed out again." I pause to calm myself down. Just remembering what happened makes my emotions go crazy.

"You are strong, Raven." Luna says quietly, squeezing my hand. Anya nods in agreement and I blush.

"I went in and out of consciousness for a while. We didn't really have a good healer, so no one could really do much to help me. Octavia and Bellamy took care of me the most. And Murphy did too, surprisingly."

"Murphy?" Luna asks. "The scowling boy?"

I laugh at that. "Yeah. Um. That bullet is still in my back right now. It moved around during the whole falling to earth thing, and apparently is too close to my spinal cord. That's why my leg's crap. It hit some nerves or something so I can't move it much. Or at all, really. When I was finally not randomly falling asleep, Octavia got me crutches made of wood that she whittled for me. So I helped her and Bell get everyone's heads out of their butts and made sure people actually worked."

"Impressive, considering you were an adult and the teenagers have little regard for authority." Anya remarks.

"It helps when I threaten to hit them with my crutches if they slack off."

"Simple yet effective." Anya chuckles, then her face turns serious. "Are you alright? With your leg and everything?"

"It's a lot to deal with, but I'm coping." I give them a small smile but I know they can tell it's fake. As if on cue, Anya and Luna squeeze my hand almost at the same time. "I'm better than I was at first." I say honestly. "And hopefully Clarke can figure something out. There's always hope, even if it's false hope."

We sit in comfortable silence, relaxing for a while until I nearly fall asleep sitting up. Anya and Luna catch my shoulders before I can face plant into the water. I yelp, the sound echoing in the quiet of the night.

"Are you okay?" Anya asks, sounding more amused than concerned.

"I'm okay." Of course it's at this exact moment that I yawn. "I'm a bit tired." I confess. "I have had a pretty busy day."

"Shall we head back?" Luna suggests.

"That sounds great. Uh. Can you lovely gentlewomen help me over to my brace?" I hate asking for help normally, but for some reason it's easier with them.

"Of course." Anya responds almost immediately.

They carefully help me out of the water, treating me gently like I'm some treasure that needs to be handled carefully. To be honest, I would hate the way they're treating me right not if it were anyone else. But it's Luna and Anya, so instead of snapping at them, I swoon. Subtly. At least, I hope it's subtle.

They set me down on the towel/blanket from earlier, which is near my clothes and brace so I don't have to reach too far to grab them. We start redressing and I reflect over tonight.

Despite being in barely anything, Anya and Luna were incredibly respectful and (mainly) kept their eyes on mine. When they weren't looking at my beautiful face, they were looking at my toned stomach. I still haven't managed to get abs, but I'm still toned in ways that I can tell they like. Their drooling is even less subtle than mine.

They have been amazing, and I really appreciate the light they've brought to my life. So I'm going to be brave tonight. I take a deep breath and resign myself for what I'm going to do.

Anya and Luna help me stand, even though I don't need it now that I have my brace on. I don't let go of their hands and we walk back to camp together like this. I keep glancing down at our entwined hands, making sure I'm not imagining everything. And they seem content to let me hold their hands.

I walk them to their tent since it's further than mine from the entrance. Well, like five steps further but still. We pause near the entrance and I can feel their eyes on me.

"I had a great time tonight." I murmur loud enough so they can hear. "We should do this again sometime."

"We should." Anya responds quietly, like speaking any louder will break the moment.

I gather my courage and lean in, giving Luna a soft kiss. Her dazed expression and content smile makes me grin as I lean in to kiss Anya. She is less passive than Luna and our kiss is a bit longer.

I give them a wink as I take a step back before heading into my tent.

I touch my lips gently when I'm inside. Float me, I did it. A grin breaks out across my face.

Nice, right? Finally, Raven's backstory and kisses! Next chapter we'll probably be back in Clarke's point of view! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!