Chapter 83

Raven's POV

I walk back in to see that the boys are frozen in place, trying not to touch anything. I walk past them and grin when they flinch. This is going to be even more fun than I thought!

I start getting to work on what I'm working on today, an old iPod that I want to make work again. I have my side projects on the sides of my workbench with the iPod in the middle, currently a mess of wiring.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum need something to do... I've been putting off splicing wires, I could make them do that. I hand them each a small piece of wire.

"Your job for now is to splice the two of those wires together. Start by stripping three quarters of an inch on one side of the wire." I order.

Their faces are blank. "Uh," Tweedledum says. "I don't know how to splice wires. I don't even know what that means."

I roll my eyes. "Tweedledee? Do you know?" He shakes his head hesitantly and I groan quietly. "Useless. Fine. Alright. You two are on bullet duty. There's a table over there you can work on. That should be simple enough for you." I grumble and swear under my breath, "Don't know what splicing is."

They start working and don't do a completely terrible job. It's a bit rocky in the beginning. Tweedledum accidentally sets some of the gunpowder on fire somehow, scaring the boys with a small poof but they learn.

I keep switching, sometimes working on my side projects and sometimes on the iPod, but mainly on my side projects. I finish them by setting up timers to set them off and smirk proudly.

"Tweedledee, Tweedledum, you can work over here. I'm going to work on something at the desk you're at." I say.

They don't question me and move their work. I take my lighter and decide that not warning them will be more fun. There's some gunpowder residue left on the table, and leaving it there is more dangerous than doing what I'm going to do. If I leave it, it could build up until there's enough to blow up the entire camp or set everything on fire.

I click my lighter on, making the boys turn nervously at the sound. The flame flickers softly and I bring it close to the table. For a moment, most of the table sprouts flames with a loud sound of crackling and popping. I can't resist the urge to laugh when the boys squeal in fear. The flames linger only where there's more gunpowder, and then go out.

I turn to look at Tweedledee and Tweedledum and laugh harder. Oh, their faces are priceless. They're pale as ghosts, with their eyes wide and fixed on the table behind me, which is no longer on fire but is still smoking.

Anya and Luna come in to see me wheezing with laughter, bent over and clutching my stomach while the boys still look like they're about to pee their pants in fear.

"I heard fire." Luna says, frowning worriedly at me.

"I'll explain later," I gasp out, trying to catch my breath. "Oh, that was amazing. You should have seen their faces, it was floating priceless."

"Clarke and Lexa will be here soon." Luna says, "I think Clarke will want to talk to you."

"Alright. I'll be here."

"We will get you lunch, Raven." Anya says. It's not even an offer or anything, if anything it's like she is just stating a fact.

"Okay. Thanks." I smile at them and my grin widens because they look almost flustered by me as they leave.

"What's going on with the three of you?" Tweedledum asks.

"That is none of your business."

"It's hot." Tweedledum says.

"Say that again and I will make clamps just to put your balls between them." I threaten. He squeaks and they both squirm uncomfortably, unsubtly blocking their crotches with their hands. "Get back to work."

Anya and Luna come back not long after that with fresh steaming fish on a plate. They hand it to me and hand a handful of berries to each boy, who both look disappointed.

"Thank you." I say, biting into the fish. It's hot in my mouth but I'm hungry.

The boys begin eating the sad looking berries with equally as sad expressions. They wrinkle their noses in disgust at the taste. I wink at Anya and Luna to let them know that I know they gave the boys bad tasting berries on purpose.

Anya smirks at me as they leave and I shouldn't find that as sexy as I do. My eyes follow them. Hate to see them leave, but love to watch them go.

Clarke appears in front of me suddenly, making me jump.

"Hey, Griffin." I chuckle nervously. "What's up?"

"You're making the boys work for you? Why do I feel like you have an evil plan to punish them?" Clarke sighs.

"Maybe because I do."

"Raven... Okay, okay. I won't ask. I have a feeling you'll tell me later. Just no permanent injury, alright?" Clarke orders.

I give her a two-fingered salute. "Yes ma'am. No promises, though."

As if on cue, my first 'side project' goes off and explodes, making Tweedledee scream and Tweedledum stumble backwards. It's nothing to worry about, it's just a small explosion that's more loud than it is dangerous.

I grin at Clarke. "I have it all under control."

Clarke raises an eyebrow at me. "Clearly. I need you to work on a radio to communicate with the Ark. We need to make sure they know we're alive and about the situation down here."

"Alright, I'll get right on that. I'll even throw in an extra bonus for free, I'm planning to try to hack into the Mountain Men's radio frequency."

"That's a really good idea." Clarke admits.

"Of course it is. I came up with it." I say smugly.

"Yeah, yeah." Clarke's smiling at me. "Just remember to woman up, alright?"

"I'm planning on asking them out tonight, actually."

"Good luck!" Clarke calls as she leaves.

I'm still standing there with a smile on my face that has a 93.4% chance of being dopey while I think about Luna and Anya. The second side project explodes, making both the boys scream. I'll take that as a good sign. The third explodes soon after, making one of them scream and then there's a thud.

I look down to see that Tweedledee has fainted and is now on the floor. My grin widens. I'll take that as a really good sign.

Okay next chapter FOR SURE she's asking them out. Also, Raven for the win! I am really loving writing from her point of view! Now onto the next order of business, which is me addressing a few inconsistencies that were recently pointed out to me... The questions and answers are below if you're interested :) Thank you for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!

Question: Why was Lexa's blood drained? Wouldn't her blood be incompatible with normal red blood?

Answer: I'm not great at remembering exact details of my stories, but I'm like 92% sure that the Maunon didn't drain Lexa for her blood to use, just because they captured the mighty Commander and they could.

Question: What happened to the radio Clarke shot out of the Mountain Man's hand and then kept on their journey to Polis?

Answer: As for the radio, I didn't address that at all, but in my mind Clarke lost it when the Maunon took her and Lexa. The Grounders didn't pick it up when they noticed they were gone so it's still in that cave they were in somewhere.