Chapter 94

Ravens POV

"Raven. Raven come in." Abby says.

"I'm here, Abby. Anya and Luna are here too. Hang on, I worked on something last night. I think I can make a video link..." I trail off and grin when Abby's face comes into view.

"Hello, Raven." Abby gives me a small smile.

"What's up?" I ask.

"The Council has been meeting all morning and they're ready to hear what you have to say."

I take a deep breath and sit down. Anya and Luna silently come over and sit on either side of me. They put their hands on my thigh in an effort to comfort me. It works and I calm down slightly.

"Okay. I'm good. Is Jaha going to be there too?" I ask.

"He's technically still Chancellor, though no one is happy with him right now. So yes, he'll be there too." She takes a moment to pause and look at Luna and Anya. "Hello, you must be Raven's girlfriends."

"It is nice to meet you, Doctor Griffin." Luna says politely. "I am Luna and that is Anya."

There's the sound of someone shouting behind Abby, making her turn her head. She turns back to us after a few more muffled words are said that I can't make out.

"Sorry about that. The Council doesn't like waiting, even for this short amount of time. I'm going to transfer this radio signal over to the Council, okay? I'll be right there too."

I swallow and nod, feeling Anya and Luna squeeze my leg to remind me they're here too. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, forcing myself not to flinch at the sudden sight of Jaha with the Council. He looks at me in shock, his mouth dropping open slightly before he schools his expression.

"Raven Reyes. So this is where you've been." He says. Abby walks in and sits in her seat, glowering at him. "Your mentor has been pestering me about where you are."

"Cut the crap, Jaha." I snap, not about to let him deny this. "You know where I am, you're the reason I'm here. Though I bet it isn't a pleasant surprise that I'm alive, huh? That bullet did a number on me, but it didn't kill me."

"What is she talking about?" A Council member I don't recognize asks.

"Oh, she's just joking around." Jaha chuckles nervously.

"The bullet that's currently embedded in my spine begs to differ." I say, bringing their attention back to me. "See, he was convinced I helped Clarke Griffin escape and couldn't find proof. So he has me working in the jail the day they sent the hundred down and got me too. I fought back until his lackeys managed to subdue me and one of them said 'this is from Jaha' before shooting me in the back."

Gasps come from the others, most in a state of disbelief. "Jaha, is this true?" One of them asks.

"No, of course not." He says, but I can see the fear in his eyes even from here.

"Anya, Luna help me out here." I say, knowing I can't raise my leg high enough to show them on my own. They immediately help, hoisting me up and I show my brace to the Council. "This thing is annoying as heck and I wouldn't wear this if I didn't have to. There's your proof."

"I thought you said you were shot in the back," Marcus Kane says, sounding more curious than accusing.

My girlfriends put me back down and I thank them quietly. We sit as Abby starts to speak.

"She was. It's lodged in her spine and from my understanding, it's cut off all feeling in her leg."

"I can't feel my leg if I poke it, but it still manages to hurt like hell." I add.

Abby gives me a concerned look. "We'll talk more about that later, Raven."

"So you're saying Chancellor Jaha had someone shoot you?" A Council member asks, sounding incredulous.

"Yes," I say slowly. I resist the urge to make a snarky comment. "Though I don't even know why you guys even let him continue to be Chancellor."

Jaha sits up straighter in his chair, leaning his arms on the table before him with blazing eyes.

"Excuse me?" He says, making it sound like a warning. I wonder how many people that's worked on in the past.

"You heard me. You sent a bunch of kids to the ground, not knowing if they would live or die because they were expendable in your twisted mind. You were going to float Clarke early, paranoid that she would tell everyone about the fact the Ark's dying, despite the fact she had been in solitary the entire time. You refuse to tell the people you're supposed to be protecting the truth, just letting them all slowly run out of Oxygen until they realize this isn't just another shortage."

"I-" he starts.

"No. I'm not done," I cut him off, not missing the glimmer of pride in Abby's eyes. "You had your lackeys hound me about Clarke because you had a hunch. You had them shoot me when you couldn't get any proof. You lied to the Council, to everyone, about what happened to me. So I ask the Council: is Jaha truly fit to lead?"

"No, he's not." Abby is the first to speak after my rant.

"Abby, you traitor." Jaha snarls.

"I don't serve you, Jaha. I serve the people.  And you have failed them too many times to be ignored." Abby states calmly.

I resist the urge to go "ooooo!"

"I agree with Abby." Kane speaks up next.

"Marcus?" Jaha looks as shocked as I feel. Kane has been his right hand man since Jake Griffin died.

"What you've been doing is wrong, Thelonias. I am disappointed in what you have become. I propose we take a vote."

"Seconded." Abby says.

Holy crap, this is actually happening. Awesome.

"Sorry, Raven, but this is something that you're not allowed to see." Kane apologizes. "Abby can tell you our decision later."

"Alright."

With that, the radio and the visual go dead.

What will happen next? Will Jaha continue to be the Chancellor? Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!