Chapter 75

"You can all come to TonDC soon. First we should focus on helping your people." Lexa says.

"Alright." Octavia sounds disappointed but I think she understands. "So when do we start all of this?"

"Tonight I will announce to TonDC that you are officially allies and should be treated as such." Lexa says. It always amazes me how she can speak in a normal tone and everyone stops to listen. "Then tomorrow, I will have builders and supplies sent over. We will come over as well. Clarke is our best healer and has learned much in her time here. She can act as a mediator since she understands both my people and yours. Anya and Luna can begin teaching survival skills."

I raise an eyebrow at that. I glance at Anya and Luna, who aren't protesting. I guess this was one of the things they discussed yesterday.

"Good. Thank you." Raven nods to Lexa. "We'll make sure that you won't run into any trouble tomorrow. There are a few kids that aren't exactly happy about our alliance. Bellamy, make sure they're all fishing or hunting or something so they don't screw us over."

"Alright. They won't be happy about doing it, but I'll make sure they listen." Bellamy cracks his knuckles.

"Gross. Stop doing that." Octavia wrinkles her nose in distaste as Bellamy starts cracking them louder and closer to her ears.

"Children." Raven says in a semi-harsh tone laced with amusement.

"You're only a year older than me!" Bellamy complains.

"True, but that still means I'm older. Plus, who is the literal genius here?" Raven retorts.

"You're so modest." Octavia says.

"Always." Raven winks at her before turning her attention back to us. "So, we'll see you tomorrow? Or is there more to discuss?"

"We are done for today." Lexa says. "Would you prefer us to meet here or at your camp?"

"What time would we have to meet?" Raven asks.

"Sunrise." Lexa responds.

Raven groans, grimacing. "Just come to our camp. There's no way in getting up at the asscrack of dawn, even if I get to see your pretty faces. Good luck waking up, Griffin."

"Hey, you have to wake up when we get there." I point out, laughing when she sticks out her tongue at me.

"Ugh. Don't remind me. Oh wait." Raven lights up with excitement as her hand touches her pocket. "Man, how did I forget about this? I made you guys a walkie talkie so we can talk while you're in your town." She hands me a black device I immediately recognize. In awe, I press the button on the side and hear the one in my hand crackle, as well as the one attached to Raven's belt. "It has pretty long range, courtesy of me. Radio us when you get back safe."

With that, she gives us a smirk and two fingered salute. They turn and head back towards the drop ship. They disappear quickly into the fog.

Once they're gone from view, Lexa starts leading us towards our horses. We get on and we're halfway back to TonDC when a thought occurs to me.

"So where's Artigas going to be?" I ask.

"He will stay with you, as long as he does not mind of course." Lexa responds.

Artigas speaks up from the back of our group. "It is fine, Heda. I will be proud to protect Clarke."

"Mochof (thank you)." Lexa says, relaxing. "I will not be able to stay by your side all day tomorrow. We do not know what we are walking into. We have been there, but now we are allied. It is dangerous for all of us, but especially for you. I will not try to fool anyone into thinking this will be easy. It is guaranteed that a fight or two will break out and if I am not there, people will look to you to stop it. Though that may be with a few rational words or with a sword."

"I'll be fine, Lexa." I say, hoping I'm reassuring her a little bit. "You know I can handle myself."

Lexa smiles at me, looking slightly more calm and less worried. "I know. I just worry."

We look at each other in silence, trusting that our horses won't go off track. Artigas speak up, making us squint through the fog and look back at him. "Heda, Clarke, sorry to interrupt but I am curious. Who is their leader? I thought it was Bellamy last time but now it almost seems as though Raven is leading."

I frown and think about it. Lexa and I both seem a bit perplexed by the question. After a bit, I shrug. "I don't know. I can ask tomorrow."

Before anything else happens, TonDC comes into view. Since the fog is still so dense, our horses almost hit the gate before we see it. With a "whoa", I pull back on the reins. We stop close enough that my horse has to turn it's head to the side to avoid hitting the wood. It huffs and takes a few steps back.

I murmur in a soothing tone while gently rubbing my horse's neck. It whinnies but relaxes it's muscles beneath me.

The guards, having noticed us, can barely see our faces but as soon as one of them notices Lexa's red sash the gate opens.

"Moba (sorry). The fog is thicker than we have seen in a long time." A guard apologizes as some other guards come.

We get off our horses and hand them off to the guards, who begin leading them toward the stables. The fog is better in TonDC, especially with the light posts with candles in them that have been lit. I notice immediately that the town is more subdued today, warily eyeing the fog.

"Do you think the fog is a new one from the Maunon?" Another guards asks nervously. "We can hardly see a thing."

"No. This is natural fog." Lexa says confidently. "I have been in worse in the Podakru (Lake People)."

After reassuring the frightened guard for another few minutes, Lexa and I head towards our tents. We don't have long before we have to announce our alliance with the hundred.

Whoa, we're already at chapter 75! Thanks again for every comment, favorite, and time you spent reading this little story of mine! And I changed Raven's age. I looked it up on the wiki and it said she's 19 but I decided to have her a bit older on here, so she's 24!

On a less happy note, the angry Oompa Loompa won... You know, Tr*mp. :( Stay safe! I'm here if you want to talk! If you prefer tumblr or want to be anonymous, my tumblr is wolf3223 and anonymous messages are on! And just to make sure you guys remember, this story will have a happy ending! I don't have too much angst in mind... But I'm not good at planning too far ahead. Thank you all for reading and for your wonderful comments! Stay awesome!