Prologue

The Women of Woodstock (Book 2)

This is the second in the series and can be read as a standalone as can the whole series, but there are characters that appear in all the books and their stories have or will be told.
As in this book Mandy and Jasper appear from book 1 The billionaire and the B and B.

Read and hopefully enjoy

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Christine Wallace the ultimate loner, her father left her Mother just after she was born, she grew up and watched her three elder sisters marry, fight, divorce and struggle to bring up their children fatherless.

At Upper school she found her so called boyfriend, kissing Mollie Bachelor in the physics lab and at college three boys vied for her attention, until she found out they had a bet who could get to sleep with her first.

Moving as far away as possible from the hustle and bustle of a major city and her depressing family and life, she ended up renting a small flat in the converted attic of a Victorian town house in the small town of Woodstock.

Chrissie stayed away from the opposite sex, in fact she stayed away from everyone, no real friends only cat and her work colleagues in 'A Cut Above' hairdressers salon.

Her Saturday nights consisted of coke, crisps and a good book. Sometimes cat, so called because he is a cat that visited when he felt like it and stayed if food was offered then he would make himself at home on her lap, this was her life.

Brent Simons international movie star, the envy of many a virile man and the object of affection of many a young women and not so young women, in fact most women.

Tall, model like GQ handsome, rich beyond your wildest dreams, he could have any women and usually did, he loved them and left them in the sexual sense.

So what happens when these two world collide.

When the famous movie star comes into the hairdressers to hide from the media and female fans, plonks himself in your chair and demands her attention.

What do you do as a sarcastic and argumentative loner, who hasn't a clue who she's dealing with?

You use your best weapons to their full potential, but when they have the opposite effect and instead of driving him away it brings him closer.

Tricked into a bet, with the famous playboy, Chrissie starts to realise that she is not with a normal run of the mill guy and as things start to heat up, Chrissie turns up the sarcasm, who will win?

On this one all bets are off.