Sod The Media

Chrissie

Luckily the Langham Hotel are very good at keeping the media and celebrities away from each other and when I say celebrities I meant Brent not me.

The ride to our rooms was done in silence as I recalled the images of me posted on the internet and the array of comments accompanying them, ranging from beautiful, gorgeous, to slut and gold digger, I knew none of these comments were true, but that didn't stop the nasty ones from hurting.

After saying a hasty goodnight and Brent assuring me it will be better in the morning, I flew into my room, securing the door and flopping down on the sofa.

Resting my head back I gazed up at the ceiling and let my mind wander back over the last few days and how my life had changed over a moment of drunken silliness.

I was beginning to understand now, why Brent was the way he was, arrogant as people put him on a pedestal and worshipped him, cautious around women as they literally threw themselves at him offering him anything and everything but expecting something in return.

I couldn't live like that it was utter madness, I enjoyed my privacy to much, having already had my fill of the media, had I have done what I did to Ralph, to a random guy in an Oxford nightclub, it would all have been forgotten before I left and no one would have questioned it.

Shaking my head slowly and grinning to myself, I decided to watch some TV, heck I don't own one myself and here was one the size of a cinema screen, it seemed rude not to use it.

Eventually tracking down the remote and reading the card that explained how to work the thing, the screen burst into life and some female and a guy were sat behind a desk going on about an accident killing three people, I presumed this was the news as they moved on to a another subject about a stabbing in London.

I started to zone out, you see I'm one of these people that if I'm not directly involved them I don't want to hear about it, I don't like to hear about death and killings I tend to feel sorry for the people involved, that makes me sad, so my reasoning is if I don't know about it won't affect me, hence no TV or newspapers.

"Now to the entertainment news, Christine Wallace has become an overnight sensation in London and also around the globe, with her exploits at the star studded gala tonight in aid of..."

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed sitting bolt upright and giving all my attention to the woman's spiel on the TV as a picture of me standing over Ralph with my foot resting on his chest appeared in the corner of the screen.

"... Christine has become an icon for women you have been campaigning for years about sexual harassment and people we spoke to had nothing but praise for Miss Wallace who from all accounts warned  Mr Tomlinson that if he persisted in touching her inappropriately she would defend herself and as you can see by the pictures she sure did and with the social media picking up on the story it went viral in a matter of minutes making this shy young lady from Woodstock an overnight celebrity and there will surely be a media frenzy to interview this remarkable woman...."

"Shit!" I yelled at the top of my voice, I didn't need this in my life, I craved peace and quiet and now I was up there for everyone to see, they know who I am, where I live and work.

This was all to much for me and I sat glaring at the TV not registering what was being said as more pictures of me appeared, a lot with Brent and they all appeared to make us look intimate, I couldn't hold back anymore and broke down and cried, there was no way my family were going to miss this now, plus I didn't want to be the centre of attention for anybody.

The next thing I knew a strong hand reached over me and pressed the off button.

"That's enough of that" came a slightly angry voice.

Next thing I'm sitting on Brent's lap with my head resting on his chest sobbing my heart out, he sat
Whispering quietly in my ear rubbing his hand in lazy circles on my back, calming and soothing me.

After a while I had cried myself out and Brent's touch and voice were working wonders on making me destress.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you to continue with this ridiculous bet, look why don't we call it off and no penalty clauses, what do you say?"

Now to be honest I should have been elated by this news, but I wasn't, I was feeling that I didn't wanted to not see Brent anymore and let's be clear on this, he's whispering in my ear that's sending tingles down my spine and he gently rubbing my back that's having a massive effect on my lower body.

I then made a sudden decision, I am not a coward and I do not admit defeat, I can stick this out for three months, I can explain to my family that I'm using him not the other way round, I am not a quitter and I don't intend to start now.

Sitting up straight wiping my eyes and putting on my best glare.

"Your afraid I'll win aren't you, that's why you want me to quit, well I'm not going to give you the satisfaction"

Brent opened his mouth to say something,  then snapped it shut as he read the determination in my face, with a big smile and a wink, he closed the distance between us.

"That's my girl" and before I could blink I was flat on my back with Brent's lips attacking mine.

As he broke the kiss, he whispered so I barely hear it.

"And one day you will"

Making me shiver and not from the cold.

"Hey" I snapped leaping up off his lap and hands on hips I gave him my best intimidating stare.

"First off how the hell did you get in my room and second why do you persist on kissing me?".

Standing up in front of me and imitating my stance he smirked.

"Firstly I have a master key and secondly your my girlfriend and that's what boyfriends and girlfriends do"

"Yeah will thirdly you don't need to kiss me when we are alone as there's no one around to see and fourthly"

I grabbed his arms and putting my leg behind his knees I dumped him flat on the floor.

"Fourthly I said I would dump you on your arse if you kissed me again"

Quick as a flash his hands shot out and grabbing me behind my knees he pulled forcing me to fall forward onto him with a squeal.

"Now this I could get use to" came a seductive whisper as his hands slid around my waist holding me firmly to his chest.

"Well don't" and with that I squeezed two of his pressure points making him gasp and release his hold on me allowing me to scramble up and move away from him.

"Now Mr Simons I would like to go to bed"

His grin spread across his face.

"Alone, to sleep" I quickly added.

"So thank you for your support, now if you would kindly let yourself out I will see you in the morning"

Grumbling something unintelligible he got to his feet and walked towards me.

"How about a kiss goodnight then"

"Out!" My hand pointing to the door.

More mumbling and grumbling as he shuffled to the door.

"Go" I reiterated.

He opened the door and slid out, only to poke his head back round.

"Sure about the no kiss" he pouted.

"Goodnight" shoving him out and putting the chain across the door.

"Spoilsport" came his muffled voice.

I couldn't help but laugh, this man was seriously getting to me and it frightened me as much as it excited me.

Under three months to go now I thought.

But will I survive that long, heaven knows.