Going Home

Chrissie

The bed was absolutely divine, I snuggled into the memory foam mattress and pulled the cover up around and drifted of to sleep.

Morning came to fast for my liking, it meant I had to leave the comfort of my bed.

I wish I could steal this and the towel, it would be my little bit of luxury in my humble flat, letting out a loud groan I reluctantly parted from the mattress and duvet, As I was desperate for the bathroom and to tryout the shower, plus a rumbling stomach announcing a need to be attended to food wise.

The shower was gorgeous, once I had mastered the controls and I vowed to have one installed when I won the lottery.

Dressing casual or as casual as being girlfriend of a movie star all though it was fake and staying in the Langham would allow, which in my case were sky blue slacks and a white blouse and some sketchers casual shoes, all thanks to Brent and his black plastic card.

As I was drying my hair with the provided hairdryer, trying to tame it with the aid of a brush, comb and dressing table mirror, there was a quiet knock on my door followed by a declaration of room service.

Now call me paranoid, but I have read to many stories where room service turned out not to be room service at all and even if this was the Langham, I still hadn't order any room service, so I peered through the spy hole and the woman the other side looked like a maid and she was leaning on a trolley with silver domed trays on it.

Opening the door but leaving the chain on I gazed out at the woman, clearing my throat, I announced that I hadn't order anything.

"It okay ma'am it's courtesy of Mr Simon's" she explained.

"Oh, okay, thank you" I replied slipping the chain off and opening the door wide.

"Thank you, I'll take it from here" came a deep husky male voice.

"Certainly Mr Simon's"  giggled the maid before scurrying away still chuckling, as in march Brent pushing the trolley of food.

"Oh I see you found a career your good at then" I laughed.

"Yes and if ma'am would kindly take a seat, I will gladly attend to her needs" the last part said as he ran his eye's up and down my body, making me blush and heat up in certain places.

Snap out of it Chrissie, I silently chastised myself.

"Then hurry up waiter, less talk more dishing up food ma'am is starving" sticking my nose in the air trying to act arrogant.

"Sit" growled Brent "Don't push your luck or I may be forced to dish out some overdue punishment right here and now"

"That's no way for the hired help to speak to her majesty" I pushed.

"Your asking for it"

"I am where's my breakfast servant" I cried.

"Right that's it he said slamming the half filled plate back on the trolly and advanced towards me.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" lowering his head down and glaring at me, all I can say his eye's were full of hunger, but I'm pretty sure bacon and eggs were not on his menu.

Rushing behind the large cream leather sofa, I tried to bargain with him.

"Now, now waiter this is no way to act towards guests" see I love to poke a wasps nest with a stick and wait to get stung.

" When I get you..." his husky warning not helping my internal feelings.

"You'll end up on your arse again" I finished for him as he came around the sofa at me, while I hurried around the other way.

As we played here we go round the sofa, laughing and squealing, well I was the one squealing, I was getting whiney.

"Come on Brent, I'm hungry, I need food, please" as I avoided another one of his lunges at me.

"Okay" he huffed plonking himself down on the sofa. "Gorge yourself woman"

Grabbing a plate full of the delicious smelling breakfast, I sat down next to Brent.

"Well Chrissie, what did you think of your first gala appearance?"

"First and last, how can you stand dealing with a lot of obnoxious people, okay some were normal but a lot were so up themselves, sheesh, anyway what time are we going home" I managed to get out between mouthfuls of food.

"As soon as your ready, I have to go to Hollywood for a week or so, to see about signing up on a new film after finishing up here, you can come with me if you like"

"No thanks, but I appreciate the offer it's just, I want to get back to normal life"

I wasn't sure but I thought I saw a hint of disappointed in his eye's, but I guess I was mistaken.

"No problem, let me know when your ready and we'll set off" and with that he got up and left my room.

"Geez moody or what" I muttered to myself.

One hour later we were travelling back down the M40 towards home and I couldn't keep my excitement from building, sure the experience in London was okay, not something I would want to go through again if I could help it.

But home where I could be me and not feel out of my depth, see my work colleagues who wouldn't judge me on what I wore or how much money I had, the smile just grew.

"Can't wait to get shot of me"

"What did you say" blinking my way back to the present.

"I said can't wait to get shot of me" Brent reiterated.

"What the hell are you on about?" Giving him a puzzled look as I turned to face him.

"The look on your face, looks as though you are happy this is all over"

"Yes I'm happy the trip and gala are over, it's not my idea of fun, but it dosen't mean I didn't enjoy your company, we had some fun together and when you get back I'm sure we can have some more"

"So if we had fun together, why won't you come to LA with me"

Right now we get to the crux of the matter.

"Brent" I placed my hand on his arm and looked him in the eye's.

"I had a good time with you, you looked after me and I thank you for that, it's just the gala, all the attention, the pretending to be rich so people didn't look down on me, urrgh it's just not me and from what I know and have seen, it will be as bad if not worse, I need time, it's so far from my safety zone it scares me, do you understand!"

"Is the bet still on" he whispered placing his hand over mine.

I gave a slight nod not breaking eye contact to show I meant it

"Good" and then to break the intimacy of the situation he added with a smile "Hate to see you lose"

That made me laugh.

"Not a chance and when you get back I'll show you my life style Mr movie star"

"I would like that" bowing his head so I could witness the sincerity in his words.

Is it me or is it getting rather hot and stifling in the car.

"Be careful what you wish for, my life is pretty boring and for you, I think after ten minutes you'll be running away screaming"

Sliding his hand over and resting it on my knee, making me heat up even more if that was possible, I dared to look into his eye's, big mistake.

"Only if I'm running with you and you are screaming my name"

which made me shiver and squirm in my seat, opening my mouth slightly to suck in a breath, I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, before biting it between my teeth, trying to come up with a witty answer and failing miserably.

"Sorry" he groaned.

"Sorry for wh..."

That was as far as I got before I was pressed back in my seat with Brent's warm soft lips claiming mine.

Shit! Now I was toast.

Burnt toast.