No Way

Chrissie

It's you silly"

"He's falling for you"

I just stared at her as she sat there beaming with an air of I know I'm right.

Brent Simons international A listed movie star and sex god to boot, in love with Christine Wallace second rate hairdresser from Woodstock who are you trying to kid, sure it certainly looks like that but it's all an act, I mean he is an actor after all.

This is three months of looking like we're in love to boost his image and nothing else, it shows how good an actor he is as he's certainly convinced Phillipa.

"You don't believe me do you"

I sighed.

"Look Phillipa, I know what it looks like, but it's all because of a silly bet..."

"That you both made in the pub" she butted in. "You to see his lifestyle and help his image, he to get you to find your perfect man, I know he told me.
Now tell me Christine Wallace that Brent Simons is not your perfect man?"

I could feel myself blush, oh hell yes Brent Simons was my perfect man, I mean you wouldn't be a living, breathing female if you didn't think so, but him wanting me was a bit far fetched, maybe to warm his bed for a night but that would be all.

I was broken out of my thoughts when Brent held my hand and pulled me up out of the chair making me crash into his solid chest and I was dying to run my hands all over his torso, stupid brain of mine control yourself.

"Come on fiancee, let's go party, while Phillipa consoles herself and runs away to be alone" he smirked.

Phillipa pulled Brent in for one final hug and kissed his cheek, then wiping a tear from her eye, she pulls me in for a hug as well.

"Thank you Chrissie, and remember I am never wrong, okay and when I'm proved right I want an invite to the wedding" then she winked at me and on that note Brent pulled me out the door back to the restaurant.

Heading back to what was sure to be a sombre affair, now that Brent and Phillipa were not carrying out their parents wishes and I'm sure I will be classed as the baddy.

We arrived back in the dining room and headed to the table still holding hands but with me lagging slightly behind so I could hide a bit behind Brent.

"Well mother, father aren't you going to congratulate me and Chrissie on our engagement" he said in a hard monotone voice.

"Come on dear" Mrs Simons stated standing up, I think we have outstayed our welcome" and with that, his parents and Phillipa's parents stood and left without saying a word.

Brent, Destiny and Claudia did a group high five and laughed.

It turned out that both Brent's sisters knew what was happening, mainly because in their words they had setup a group, the aim was to make sure they could all date and marry whoever they chose and not their parents.

"So" Claudia pointed out "Britney's got her true love, Phillipa is now happy, I have my love waiting for me, Brent is working on his true love" pointedly looking at me, before continuing " That just leaves you, Destiny"

"Count me out, I have no plans to date or marry, I'm happy as I am"

This led to a hearty discussion on the merits of being happily married and happily single, me I was trying to figure out how these women thought that Brent was falling in love with me.

He had after all pointed out and introduced me to males that were staring and ogling me, but I wasn't interested, would he do that if he loved me no course not, besides it takes two to tango and did I love him of course not, we were from different sides of the street, I didn't fit in his world and he didn't in mine.

Now I had convinced myself of this why did I not feel elated, but the complete opposite, I felt a bit down.

"A penny for them" came the low husky voice of Mr megastar.

"Just thinking about things" I murmered.

"Well that's cleared that up" he laughed, making me smile as his deep baritone voice worked it's magic on my internal organs.

"Come dance with me" leaving me with no option but to comply, due to the fact he literally dragged me on to the dance floor, before embracing me with one hand just above my butt and the other between my shoulder blades, this one meandered over my back as he stroked and caressed my bare skin, causing utter turmoil within my body.

"So Mr Superstar getting engaged was not in the bet" I smirked.

"Yer, well I'm sorry about that, I didn't think you would mind helping Phillipa out, I would have told you, but it all happens quickly, I just hoped you played along"

I felt my heart drop a little at his words, the feelings I had when he knelt and proposed were of pure joy and now he admitted it was fake as well, though deep down I knew that, it's just having him confirm my suspicions that hurt, trying to breakout of my melancholy state I stared at the ring that adorned my finger, it was beautiful, I always thought that rings with big stones were to much, you know over the top, but this one looked lovely, I was sure it was swarovski crystal, so must have cost a few quid.

"Admiring your ring" his husky voice snapping me out of my trance.

"Umm, it's beautiful"

He leaned and whispered in my ear that made my heart rate hit the roof and heat spread the length of my body, he's got to stop doing that.

"It's real diamonds"

I froze on the spot causing Brent to collide with me.

"Are you kidding me, why didn't you get a fake this must have cost a bomb"

"Because I have decided fake does not become you and I am not having fakery in our lives" and the stare he gave me left no room for doubt he was telling the true.

But what did it mean, fake romance, fake engagement, wait is he telling me it's not fake anymore, wow hang on a minute, no it can't be.

Then my world was turned upside down.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you Christine Wallace, I like you, I more than like you , I know I'm fall..."