Trust Me

Chrissie

Another work day, but at long last the attention on me had gone and I hadn't had any negative contact with females for the last two weeks, I hadn't seen anything about Brent either, not that I was stalking him on the gossip sites or celebrity magazines, just checking to make sure I wasn't mentioned and nope I was forgotten, thank heavens.

Today was my day to stay late and clean up, not that I minded, Gavin and Lisa didn't need to give me close protection now, but were a phone call away if needed which was reassuring.

Mandy and Jasper had kept tabs on me with constant texts and calls, but they were now few and far between, my life was getting back to normal, I was slipping back into anonymity, which suited me fine, one good thing that came out of all this was the bond of friendship I had formed with my work colleagues.

And as I settled into my familiar routine of cleaning, singing and dancing, I felt a little happiness creep into my broken heart, I still missed Brent like crazy even after three months.

Three months, if we had stuck together we would be finding out who had won the bet by now, this bought a sad smile to my face just wondering how it all would have turned out, if he hadn't cheated on me, that thought soon wiped the smile off as hurt took over.

Just as I was getting to the stage where I was about to throw myself a pity party the door bell chimed, notifying me I had a customer.

Making my way to the front of the shop, I found a tall stunning woman with silky long auburn hair and a curvey figure, the sort of figure that would draw men's eyes to her, wherever she went, but she had the air and confidence about her to carry it off.

"Good evening, do you wish to make an appointment, we have some appointments left for this week if you like"

I knew I was rambling a bit, but there was something familiar about this woman, I had never set eyes on her before of that I was sure, but all the same she looked vaguely familiar and it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand to attention.

Her piercing green eyes sort mine out in the dim light of the shop and when they met, her face lit up in the most brilliant smile I had ever seen on a woman.

Then she spoke and my heart froze at her words.

"So you are the famous Chrissie, I have heard so much about and my I can see why my brother has fallen for you hook, line and sinker, you are absolutely beautiful"

Saying all this as she sashayed across the shop to me hand extended.

"Chrissie, may I call you Chrissie, I am on your side, my brother is a idiot, a complete and utter fucking idiot"

She swore, I mean studying this woman, her looks the way she moved with such elegance, everything about her was pure sophistication, so swearing did not fit her profile at all.

By now she stood in front of me and it took me a second or two, to realise that her hand was still out and I hadn't shaken it yet, so lifting mine I quickly rectified that.

"Hi, I'm Britney, Brent's eldest sister and I'm here to plead his case, believe me when I say he is chomping at the bit to come here and beg for your forgiveness, but there are a few few things that need to be said before that"

I was at a loss at what to say or do, I just stood there like a complete fool.

"Um is there somewhere we can sit and talk" Britney's words breaking me out of my stupor.

"Er, yeah, sure, the kitchen" I cringed at the fact I couldn't put a coherent sentence together, but Britney didn't seem to notice or she was to polite to comment on the fact.

I ushered her quickly into the kitchen and rushed to lock the door of the shop hopefully giving me breathing space to get myself together after all it was nearly eight.

On my return I tried to fix my bumbling state and was proud I managed to ask if Britney would like a drink, to which she agreed to a coffee, as I set about making a brew for each of us, Britney started talking again.

She explained how Brent and I had been betrayed and deceived by Debbie and Brent's parents, and about how they played us off against each other, also the cheque for two million from his parents and the £2000 paid to him saying I was going back to my ex.

She laid it all out for me, even the theory that the heckler's I had to deal with were paid for by their parents to scare me away from a reconciliation with Brent.

"And there you have it, the full story, god my parents have so much to answer for" she growled.

I felt a sense of relief that Brent hadn't cheated on me, but it didn't mend the hurtful things he said about me in the interview and I expressed these concerns to Britney.

"I know" she sighed. "I'm not defending my brother but, he was led to believe you had run out on him and gone back to your ex, I know" she added as I rolled my eyes.

"On hindsight he should have remembered your history, but hurt overruled his senses and he as normal didn't think, had the premiere been on another day he would have calmed down and thought rationally, but it wasn't to be, but believe me when I say he is desperate to make amends and apologise to you and beg your forgiveness, all I ask is will you promise to hear him out"

I found myself nodding.

"Oh good I'm so pleased, believe it or not from what I've heard from my sisters you two are made for each other, but he's still an idiot"

This made me chuckle.

"Well Chrissie what time do you finish tonight" as Britney changed the subject.

"Um twenty minutes ago" I laughed.

"Good then you and I need a drink, because I for one am so glad to have met you and I think a celebration is in order, what do you say Chrissie"

"I couldn't have put it better myself, Britney" as I matched her tone of voice, making us both giggle.

"Great then let's go light up this here town girly" she tried in a southern drawl.

"Eww, that was so bad, come on let's go get some real Woodstock hospitality shall we" and just like two old friends we locked up and headed towards the pub laughing and chatting away.