Wanna Bet

Brent

I had gotten over my anger spell and calmed down, taking a large swig of my whiskey and wiping my mouth on the back of my hand letting out a long breath.

I turned to face Chrissie and could see fright and anger in her eyes, making me feel a little bit guilty.

"Chrissie you have know idea what my life is like" I started and before I could say anymore, she jumped in.

"And you have no idea about my life, yet you deem yourself an expert and start telling me how to run it" she sat back seemingly satisfied with her answer.

I found myself starting to get annoyed again.

"Chrissie do you know what it's like to be the attention of so many women, yeah it sounds great and to start with it is, all these women throwing themselves at you, wanting to sleep with you.
But then as you become older and wiser, you realise they are using you not the other way round, they want to get a part in a movie so they will try to sleep with me to get that, they want to be noticed, they want expensive gifts, they want fame, they want to be photographed, they're not interested in me as a man, only as a means to an end.
And contrary to what you believe they ditch me before the weeks up, why? Because they have either got what they wanted so I'm not needed anymore, or they haven't got what they wanted and I'm not needed anymore.
So pray tell me how do I distinguish, who wants me for me as a man and who wants me as a stepping stone to get what they want?"

I looked at her to see pity in her eyes, that I didn't need.

"Believe it or not I have never been in a proper relationship, so like you I have been put off, in my case of women as girlfriend material and use them as they use me.
But I still firmly believe that the right girl is out there for me and I will keep on looking till I find her.
So why do I like you? Easy because you are none of the above, you don't care if I can further your career, you don't even know who I am, you treat me as a human being and not a commodity or a means to an end, that Christine Wallace is why I like you"

**************************

Chrissie

Wow I didn't realise that his lifestyle had a down side to it, but when you analyse it, the whole thing makes sense.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, putting my hand on his " You're right and I was wrong, I shouldn't have judged you on hear say and media gossip, but perhaps if you looked away from Hollywood you will find that girl to spend more than a week with, maybe even forever"

I smiled and Brent squeezed my hand and returned the smile.

As the drinks continued to flow as did our conversation, which did a complete circle and came back to our love lives or lack of.

"Here's to Brent and his lady in waiting, who's not waiting in Hollywood" raising my cider glass in a mock toast, as the drinks were having an effect and making me braver.

"And here's to Chrissie who promises to stop hiding and find the man of her dreams"

"Fat chance of that, I mean look at me, who the hell would want me?"

"Are you serious, I mean look at you, you are beyond beautiful, you are stunning, if you dress up and let go of your worries you will have men queueing up to date you"

I laughed, is he serious, hell one boy found my best friend a better option than me and the three others had to make it a bet to get near me.

"Yes I am serious"

Shit did I just say that out loud.

"Yeah well, forgive me if I don't believe that. You stand more chance of finding Miss Right than I have of ever finding Mr Right"

"Why do you run yourself down so much, can't you see your beauty, I for one would date you"

"Yeah and then you would get rid of me before the week is up" I countered.

"No you would walk before the week was up, because of the way my life is, you wouldn't beable to stand it, or someone else will see you for what you are a beautiful woman and you will leave me to be with him"

"Oh so you think I'm the type of girl that would give up on you and walk, just so you can be proved right again, well I can tell you mister if we were dating, you would get rid of me first and not the other way round"

"Wanna bet on that"

"Yes and I would win Mr Superstar"

"Right your on, I bet you will leave me within three months, but I won't get rid of you within the same time frame"

"What" I cried out " You can't be serious"

"See you won't take the bet, because you know I'm right and will win"

"All right Brent you're on, what are the stakes, what do I get if I win?"

"£1 million"

Did I hear him right.

"How much" I squeaked.

"If you win I will pay you £1 million, if I win you pay me £1000"

"How is that fair, £1 million is way to much for you to payout" I replied.

"Let me put it this way, what percentage is £1000 of your monthly salary?"

"Er, about 70%" I whispered.

"Well my last film paid me in English money about £57 million"

My mouth dropped to the floor.

"Your kidding right?" I spluttered out.

"Nope, also if either one of us quits then we have to pay double, deal?" he stuck his hand out.

I sat there and stared at his hand, what the hell am I doing, I looked up to see him smirking at me, daring me to back down, no way matey, so I reached over and shook it.

"Deal"

£2 million, no frigging way, he can't be serious about this.

"Oh and I can see the doubt in your eyes, so I will call my lawyer to draw up the papers to make this legal and I will pick up all your travel and other expenses when we travel abroad"

"Woah what I'm not going abroad, besides I don't have a passport and they take forever to get" I smirked.

"Oh don't worry I have a friend who will get you a passport in days and if you want to chicken out now it will cost you £2000" he grinned as he furiously texted on his phone, after a while his phone dinged and after he scanned the text he looked up and smile.

"Its all arranged girlfriend"

As another glass of cider appeared in front of me, Brent lifted his glass and with a smile set the toast.

"Here's to my first real girlfriend and three months of getting to know you"

Oh shit he is serious, what the hell have I gone and done, but then again £2 million, I would be setup for life, all I have to do is spend three months as Mr Superstar's pretend girlfriend and then walk away, how hard can it be?