All Is Forgiven

Chrissie

It had been a few weeks, since Britney and I had talked in the exact spot I was sitting in now and had gone out and cemented our friendship with a drink or two.

Britney had stayed at the Blenheim View with the Jackson's, so we had a couple of evenings together before she had to fly to the States to see her other sisters.

I liked Britney she was nice I could imagine her as my best friend, Suddenly I was bought out of my muse when I heard my name called.

"Chrissie there's a customer waiting for you" announced Tracy as she pushed her way in to the small kitchen grabbing a cup and depositing a tea bag into it.

Sighing I put my half empty cup on the draining board and returned to the shop, as soon as I entered I could sense something was up as everyone turned to look at me and they were smiling.

Slowly walking to my chair I could still feel everyone's eyes on me and as I got closer the customer started to look strangely familiar and when I reached my station I took a sharp intake of breath, he was here! sat in my chair, the man who had broken my heart, I gulped and stepped back to compose myself.

Then the promise I made Britney came back to haunt me.

Promise me you'll let him explain, after all he is a man and we know how useless they are when it comes to matters of the heart.

"What can I do for sir" I asked in as cold a voice as I could muster and watched as he visible cringed for a split second.

Swivelling the chair round to face me, he put on a tentative smile.

"What core services do you offer?"

"Perm, extensions or dying" I emphasised the word dying as I stared at him.

"I would like an extension please"

"Just one" I replied sarcastically.

"Just the one" he smirked.

Then before I could register anything, he shot out the chair and grabbing me by my hips lifted me and deposited me squealing in the vacant chair.

"What the hell" I yelled. Before a finger was placed over my lips shutting me up, leaning forward till his face was a few inches from mine his hands on the arms of the chair pinning me in.

"Yes one, I would like an indefinite extension on you being my girlfriend"

"Ha!" Slipped out my mouth before I could do anything to stop it "Not a chance Buster, remember I'm the one who humiliated you and dumped you, I'm the number one bitch on the planet for breaking your heart remember, you got what you wanted, so just leave me alone"

And I made to get up, but Brent didn't move.

"Finished" he growled "Now it's my turn, first off I'm not Buster I'm Brent, secondly you dumped me over a misunderstanding as you now rightly know, thirdly you did break my heart and fourthly I didn't get what I wanted, because I didn't get the girl I have fallen hopeless in love with and intend to marry"

Silence, complete and utter silence descended on the whole room, everybody was holding their breath staring at the two of us.

I was already to come back with a sarcastic reply, until his last remark took the wind right out of my sails.

"What! what did you say?"

He leant even further forward so I could inhale his cologne and manly scent, I could feel his presence affecting me again, I knew I couldn't stop loving him and try as I might I was struggling with my game plan, he was to overpowering.