This Is War

Brent

"You're fired! Now get out"

Standing in my study was Debbie, Tyler, Garrett, my lawyers and myself and as you can probably guess I was fuming, after speaking to Tyler and getting him to do some detective work, I found out that Debbie and my parents were conspiring together via email, to get rid of Chrissie.

They came up with the plan with the help of Debbie who was being paid by my parent's to keep an eye on me and warn them if I got to close to any female not deemed worthy to be part of the family and my life when I took over the family business.

Well some people were about to get a rude awakening, starting with the wicked witch Debbie.

"You can't fire me you need me" she smirked.

"Oh sweetheart you are so wrong I don't need you, I have quit the studio my parents are financing behind my back, I'm sacking you and my lawyers are drawing up papers to sue your ass, for breach of contract"

I felt a small amount of pleasure as her confidence faltered.

"Wait you can't" Desperation creeping into her voice.

"Oh but I can and my lawyers are confident we'll win, as my parents won't want to back you, what with all that negative press they'll get, maybe they'll pay you to keep your mouth shut and I'll take it all from you in damages, but what about your career who'll trust you now"

I could see the worry turn to despair and tears welling up in her eye's.

"You wouldn't do that would you after all the years we've been a team"

"Maybe I won't, but it comes at a price"

Leaving Debbie broken and defeated with my lawyers and my new PR manager Tyler, I headed out with Garrett and Joe to finish what I started.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Four hours later I slid out of the SUV and the three of us climbed the stone steps to my parents mansion.

Trying desperately to keep my temper in check I thanked the maid, who told me where I could find my loving mother and father.

"Brent darling, what a surprise, so nice of you to visit, I see you got rid of that leach, I told you she was only after your money" god my mother's voice grated on me.

"Shut it mother" I hissed.

"Hey that's no way to talk to your mother" snapped my father.

"Unfortunately being a child I cannot choose my parents, if I could it certainly wouldn't be either of you two.

"What the hell is wrong with you boy, you have no right to speak to us like that"

"I have every right goddamn it" Slamming my hand down on the table hard, making both my parents gasp and flinch.

Controlling my temper, I sat and lounged in one of the numerous chairs dotted around the veranda.

"Still let me be civil about this" Shooting forward and resting my elbows on my knees and my chin in my hands.

"I have something that belongs to you" tossing the cheque onto the table.

"You see Chrissie was not after me for my money as she left your cheque in the hotel"

I sat back silent as they took in the significance of what I said.

"Well she wasn't good enough for you anyway" my mother blurted out.

"How the hell would you know, you never gave her a chance, well.." I stood up straightened my jacket and hit them with the punch line.

"I'm here to inform you of a few things, when I told my sister's about what you have done, they like me are finished with you, first off I have given Claudia some money and she's be leaving for Australia to marry her long time lover, Destiny will be leaving for London at the start of the new term, as I have set her up with a university place, flat and part time job"

I paused as the shock hit them.

"And as for me, I sacked Debbie after she gave me a written confession about the whole plan naming you two as co-conspirators, I have quit the studio you invested in and I too am leaving for England to get Chrissie back and marry her, as for your company, I suggest you look elsewhere for a new CEO" I walked towards the door, before turning and grinning.

"May I recommend father, you divorce mother and have a child with a new younger wife and then they can become the new heir to your company and carry on the family tradition"

And with that I turned and left, ignoring the calls and shouts from my parent's.

Seated in the back of the SUV I checked my phone, for any missed calls from my sisters nothing, sighing I looked up and saw Garrett staring at me, I had noticed he had been giving me the evil eye for a while now.

"Go on Garrett spit it out, there's something bugging you, so get it off your chest"

"May I speak freely Brent"

I nodded knowing that I wasn't going to like what he was about to say.

"Well Brent, I have to agree with your sisters assessment of you, you are an idiot, Chrissie loves you and you love her, any fool can see that, yet the pair of you acted like idiots, without checking the facts, you more than her, as she had Debbie twisting the truth and blocking any attempt she made to get to you.
However you took what that witch told you at face value, then to say that to the press, sheesh what a stupid, stupid thing to do" by now he was shaking his head.

"But I will add this, get her back Brent, because I need to have a go at her as well"

"Thanks Garrett, I appreciate that and for your information I agree wholeheartedly with your findings I am an idiot, but I'm an idiot that is going to do everything in my power to get Chrissie back whatever the cost"

"Then Brent, you have my 100% support and backing, so let's go and get your woman back, I miss her sarcasm"

I checked my phone again still nothing.

"We will Garrett all in good time, however I have monumentality screwed up this time, I need help and now my sisters are on the case so I'll wait till they have some news for me, but you can bet your last dollar, I won't wait to long"

Just as I finished my speech, my phone dinged to say I have a message.

Claudia: bro we have a plan need you to do something, meet you at your place one hour.

Brent: I'll be there and thanks sis.

Great! I need to fix this and I need to fix it fast, I'm not a patient man, even less so when it involves the girl I love, the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, the girl I want to marry.

"Let's head home I have a very important meeting to attend" I informed the driver.