Help Is At Hand

Chrissie

"There she is" someone cried out and the mob turned as one and descended on me.

And all this while camera's flashed and mobile phones were waved about.

Me? I just stood there trying to focus my eyes amid all the bright lights, eventually I had enough, so putting two fingers in my mouth, I let out an ear splitting whistle that silenced the mob immediately.

That's better" I hollered "Now if you all shut up and wait and behave like human being and not a pack of wild animals, I may be inclined to answer some questions"

And so it began as we edged our way down the high street passed the crown and across Oxford street to Hensington Road, this time the press with Brent fans mixed in were more aggressive in their attitude, standing in front of me to try and stop my progress, jostling me and grabbing at me.

I was getting quite frightened now and could feel the panic building, suddenly I found myself at the entrance to the Punchbowl pub so I charged through the doors and headed to the bar.

"Jenny can you hide me please, I mean I have a horde of people harassing me"

Jennifer Grayson was a regular customer of mine and also the landlady of the Punchbowl and when she saw the fear and tears in my eyes, plus the guys with cameras trooping in.

She lifted the bar door up and ushered me through and into the back storage room where I dropped down on a small upturned wooden crate and tried to breath slowly to calm myself.

Feeling calmer I decided to venture into the bar, peering cautiously around the door, I caught Jenny's eye and she gave a slight smile and a quick nod, I felt an over whelming sense of relief and slipped out of my hiding place.

"It's safe now Chrissie, I threw them out, but I'm afraid they are camped outside waiting for you"

I shivered, this was sheer madness, why was I generating such attention, they knew Brent wasn't here so what were they expecting from me, I'm not charismatic or a stunning looker, the only thing I had going for me was sarcasm.

I realised I was struggling with all this attention and needed help, however ringing Brent was out, as the mobile phone he had leant me was in my sideboard at home.

What was I going to do, I certainly didn't fancy the idea of setting foot outside and getting accosted again and staying in the pub was a short term option that was for sure.

Sitting at the bar toying with a beer mat, with my head resting on my arm, I became quite despondent realising I had no choice but to go out and face the mob, but I was trying to delay the inevitable for as long as possible.

"Excuse me, Miss Wallace?" Boomed a masculine voice from just behind me, making me jump.

"Who wants to know" turning to the huge Goliath of a man staring down at me.

"It's alright Miss, I'm Gavin and this is my partner in crime Lisa, we are personal protection agents, or in simple terms, bodyguards, we have been sent by Mr Jackson, to escort you to wherever you require to go"

Still a bit sceptical and greatly overawed by this giant of a man, I just opened my mouth but nothing came out, my eyes just seemed glued to his bulky form standing in front of me.

I felt a light touch on my arm and turned my head to find a smaller figure that of a rather attractive female, with a sincere smile on her face and her head cocked slightly to one side and for some unknown reason it made me trust her.

"Hey Miss Wallace, it's alright, We're use to these situations, we look after Amanda Jackson have done for years"

My shoulders dropped as the tension left my body.