Collateral Damage

Chrissie

I was so excited to show Brent the wonderful outfit that I had obtained for the premier with Claudia's help of course, scurrying into a hallway and flying up the stairs to drop off my handbag, I grabbed the dress bag and made my way down the stairs and stepped into the inner hallway, only to be greeted by the witch Debbie.

"Oh hi" I said determined not to have my happy mood spoilt by her.

"Oh Umm, hi, what are you doing back so early" she was acting rather strangely and, looking a little nervous.

"Well I found this dress after a while, which was really lucky and I thought I would show Brent and see what he thinks.

"Oh well, unfortunately Brent is busy at the moment, why not go get a coffee and I'll tell him your back" she replied in a worried tone.

Now I was getting a bit worried myself.

"Is it Brent, is he alright"

"Umm, yes he's fine, just rather busy right now"

Before either of us could continue the conversation, I heard a female giggle coming from the lounge area, I made to head there, when Debbie blocked my way.

"Don't go in there" she commanded.

Then I heard Brent's voice.

"Oh darling it's been such a long time since I held you in my arms, I have missed you so much"

"Oh silly, I've only being gone a month, but I've missed you to"

I froze not believing what I was hearing, Brent was with another woman in our penthouse, again I tried to get past Debbie, but still she blocked my way.

"I wouldn't" she advised "I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but he's already moved on, he said to tell you that, here's the 2 million for him losing, but he said it's worth it"

And she handed me an envelope, I was so stunned that I didn't resist as Debbie turned me round and escorted me back to the door.

"I'm so sorry Chrissie, but it was only for three months anyway, so at least this way you get another million to spend of his money, oh and he says there's a first class ticket to London in there to, plus a thousand dollars for expenses"

All I could do was nod and mumble a thank you, just as I heard Brent's voice, come on darling let's take this to the bedroom"

"Oh sweetheart your so eager, let's go"

That was enough for me and I shot out of the door, before turning to Debbie, I pulled off my fake engagement ring and handed it to her along with the phone.

"Would you give him these please, I won't be needing them anymore"

Turning away from Brent for good, unable to stem the flow of tears and blindly made my way out the front door my last view was of Debbie turning back into the inner hallway, as the front door closed.

So now my fears were confirmed, he got what he wanted me in his bed, well at least I got two million of his money, so sod him, I'll get over it and move on but at least I could have my dreams now thanks to Brent, but even these thoughts didn’t stop the tears or mend my broken heart.

I begged Troy the young driver to give me a lift to the airport which he reluctantly did.

Bye Brent it was good while it lasted.

Then the tears came again.

************************

Brent