10

"This is going to be perfect," I said to James over the phone. "So 2:00 okay?"

"Okay 2:00 I'll be over with the picnic basket." He said and I giggled.

"Don't forget that we're swimming also." I reminded.

"I know darling, I know." He says and I smiled, then told him bye and hung up.

It was 12:30 and our date started in an hour and a half. I was excited.

I quickly showered and shaved my legs, then put on my bikini, then put on a flowery dress above it.

I got Daniel to french braid my hair into one part also.

I applied a small amount of makeup, then got together paper towels, plastic plates and cutlery, and the cake pops Daniel had helped me make last night.
James finally arrived, wearing swimming trunks and a white tee shirt with sandals on, a big picnic basket in his hand.

I giggled, "You look like a mom with your picnic basket."

"Well I'm working it," He laughed, shooting me a pose.

"Here I'll put the plates and stuff in the basket," I said, going to grab the basket.

"Nope, I'll do it, I don't want you looking in here yet." He said.

"Ugh okay here. I also made cake pops for dessert." I said, handing him the container of them.

We walked into the kitchen and I turned aroud while he put everything in there.

"Okay, we're good." He says.

"Daniel I'll be back later!" I called out.

I didn't take my phone, just because I wanted to focus on spending the day with James.

"So, you can lead. I don't know where we're going." He laughed.

"Oh right," I smiled. I nearly forgot.

I grabbed his hand and walked in front of him.

We finally made it, the bright flowers giving it a good scent and putting us in a good mood.

"Wow," He says, looking around.

"Yeah. Daniel planted all these, you can thank him for that." I said.

"Okay, I need you to turn around while I set everything up." He laughed.

"Is this supposed to be a surprise or something?" I asked.

"No- I guess, just ugh- baby turn around." He laughed and I turned around and covered my eyes.

Almost ten minutes later, he was still setting up I guess.

"Are you almost done?" I asked, whining.

He laid his hand on mine, causing me to jump.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but yeah you can turn around." He said.

He helped me up and I turned around, the biggest smile forming on my face.

"James, I said a picnic, not a honeymoon." I giggled, looking around.

There was a blanket laid on the ground with the basket on it, the food he had brought laid out.

There were also some candles lit around the blanket, and rose petals scattered around it.

"Some of it was my moms idea, she helped a lot." He said, his face getting a bit red.

"This is so cute," I said, walking over and sitting on the blanket.