Epilogue

"James!" I called out, walking around the apartment.

"Yeah?" He asked, walking out of our room.

"I'm going out with Jade." I told him.

"Okay, have fun." He said, giving me a kiss before going back into our room.

I poured some food into Charlie's bowl before putting on my shoes and going to my car.

I decided to make a stop at Aunt Emma's house before going to meet Jade.

"Hey Aunt Emma," I said, giving her a hug.

"Hey Brynn, hows James?" She asked.

"He's good. You should see how big Charlie is." I said.

She nodded, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Aunt Emma! Can you help me with my homework?" Julia yelled from the living room.

"That's the third time in the past twenty minutes shes asked for help," Aunt Emma sighed.

"Freshman year is that hard?" I asked, taking a sip of coffee.

"I guess so," She said as we both walked into the living room.

"Oh hi Brynn," Julia said.

"Sissy!" Aiden yelled, running over and hugging me.

"Look how tall you've gotten!" I commented on his growth. He was only eight, but still.

He laughed, before sitting back down on the couch.

The front door open and closed.

"Who's here?" I asked.

"Surprise!" Daniel and Joey yelled.

"You're back!" I yelled, running over and throwing my arms around them both.

"You're home early!" Aunt Emma said, hugging both of them.

"Yep," Joey said.

"Oh my god! Your hair!" I told Joey, looking at how it was dyed a lavender color.

"Yep, trying something new." He said, smiling.

"This is just great, we're all here." I said, looking around and smiling.

"Not everyone," I heard James say from behind me.

"How do you always manage to show up where I am?" I asked, laughing before giving him a quick kiss.

Hd looked very pale and shaky.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at him.

"Oh, uh yeah fine." He stuttered.

"Okay.." I said.

"Uh- Emma, Daniel, Joey, can I talk to you guys in private?" James asked.

"Yeah," They all agreed.

They all walked into the other room, so I helped Julia with her homework.

I heard a small scream from behind me, before it was immediately shushed.

"Are you guys okay?" I called out.

"We're fine!" Joey yelled.

I shook my head, laughing. I wondered what they were doing.

"Um, Brynn, come outside, we remodeled the backporch I'll show you." Daniel said quickly, grabbing my arm and fast walking outside.

"Oh wow- looks great. Uh why did you forcefully pull me out here?" I asked him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Daniel?" I asked, turning around.

What I saw behind me made me jump back a few feet.

James was down on one knee, holding a small black box with a ring inside.

"Oh god oh god oh god." I said, feeling my heart beat out of my chest.

I could see Daniel and everyone else watching from inside the house. Daniel was taking pictures on his camera.

"Well, baby, I'm finally asking you this," James took a deep breath.

"Will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, oh my god. Of course I will!" I said, a huge smile coming onto my face.

He broke out into the biggest smile, taking the ring out of the box and putting it on my finger.

He then kissed me for a long time, making me smile even more.

"I can't believe this, we're getting married." I said.

"I'm planning it!" Daniel said, followed by Joey and Aunt Emma saying they'd be helping.

I smiled. I was getting married.