26

"I love you so muchhh," James whispered into my ear.

I giggled and blushed bright red, turning my face away.

He gripped my hand tighter as we walked through the woods behind my house, just going anywhere.

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked him.

"Yes and no." He answered, laughing.

"Oh god, you're probably kidnapping me and locking me up in a basement." I teased.

"Since when does the kidnapper fall in love with their victims?" He asked, smiling at me.

I laughed, "They don't."

He laughed also, "Well, you're mine, and thats never gonna change." He kissed the top of my head.

I smiled, "I love you."

"I love you more."

We kept walking, and soon got to an enclosed field with trees amd flowers surrounding it.

"Oh my gosh, it's so pretty." I commented, kicking off my shoes and sitting in the grass.

He sat beside me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek tons of times.

"Mmm, who's this gorgeous girl?" He asked, making me giggle.

"I don't know." I joked.

He kept kissing my cheek, "Don't tell my girlfriend."

I laughed and so did he.

We finally sat in silence for a little bit, enjoying the sounds and views of nature.

School was almost out, just a few more weeks, and I was glad summer was coming.

Everybody else was too, we only had senior year left, and then we were off to college.

James rubbed my thigh with his fingers, making me sleepy from all the walking.

I had told him what happened with the guy at the swimming hole yesterday, and he didn't seem to care too much. I didn't really care either now that I thought about it.

"Babe?" He asked.

"Yea?" I answered, playing with the necklace he had gotten me.

"I just wanna say I love you a lot, and that you make me really happy. Also the fact that I'm never ever gonna let you go. As soon as I can put a ring on it I am." He said.

I was bright red, for sure.

"Aww," Was all I managed to get out.

"Aw, you're blushing, that's so cute." He said, looking down at my face.

"You make me really happy too," I finally said.

We stayed in the pretty field for a little while longer, then finally decided to go back to my house.

"Hold on," He said, pulling out his phone.

"What?" I asked.

He typed on his phone, then put it away.

"Nothing- just checking something." He answered.

"Okay," I shrugged it off, leading the way back to my house.

We both finally walked inside, and I grabbed us some water bottles from the fridge since it was hot outside.

"Here." I handed him the cold bottle.

I took a sip of my water, then walked into the living room to see if there were any good movies on we could watch.

I stopped my walk when I noticed a large brown box sitting in the middle of the floor.

Confused, I looked around, but saw nobody.

"Uh," I said aloud, tilting my head to the side.

Suddenly, the box moved.

I screamed, jumping back and grabbing the wall.

It moved again.

"Oh my god!" I said.

Why is it moving? Is it like a box full of spiders like on the creepy prank shows.

It finally stopped moving so I decided just to open it. James had disappeared, so I was really alone.

Walking over to it, I silently prayed that a thousand spiders wouldn't come crawling out of it.

I unfolded the tough cardboard, and a fluffy animal jumped onto me and began licking me.

It's a puppy!

"Awww! Oh my god!" I giggled, petting the golden retriever

"Happy late birthday," I heard Daniel say behind me.

"I can keep it?" I asked.

"Well of of course. We got it for you didn't we?" He said, sitting down on the couch, followed along by everyone.

"Puppy!" Aiden pointed and giggled.

Julia even kind of smiled, for not liking anything.

"What are you gonna name him?" Joey asked.

"Hmm.." I said, thinking.

"Charlie." I finally decided.

"Aww that's cute." James said, taking a seat beside me on the floor and petting Charlie.

"Babe I think Charlie is cuter than you." I giggled.

"Hey!" James laughed, kissing me.

"Aww, my otp." Aunt Emma said.

I laughed at her choice of words.

"Daniel can you get a picture of James and Charlie and me?" I asked, handing him my phone.

"Yeah," He said, standing up from his place on the couch and taking my phone.

"Smile!" He said.

James and I both smiled for the picture, and Charlie even put his tongue out.

James and I were happy. I had just gotten a dog. Things were going to be okay. We were going to be okay.

THE END.