24

"Okay, since I'm a nice person, I'll open the cards first," I laughed a little.
There were about six cards in the stack, so I just chose the one on top.

It was from Joey, and I wondered what kind of card he would get me as I opened it.

"Oh my gosh," I giggled when I saw the card. It had chocolate chip cookie dough icecream all over it.

I opened the card, surprised to see a twenty dollar itunes giftcard.

"Aww thanks Joey," I smiled, walking over and hugging him.

I opened the rest of the cards, saving the one from James last.

I got some money, and other giftcards.

I finally got to James' card, and I could tell he was antsy about it.

I opened the purple envelope and pulled out the card, deciding not to read it aloud since it would probably be personal.

Inside, he had written a long message for me, making me smile.

"Well are you gonna read it?" Aunt Emma asked.

"No," I laughed, folding it up and putting it back in the envelope.

I set the stack of cards aside, then focused on opening all the gifts.

I had gotten a lot of stuff, thanking everyone for everything.

I saved James' gift for last again, it made me laugh watching him plead for me to open his.

After opening everyone else's gifts and thanking them for everything, I grabbed the small box and sat down on the table facing everyone.

"Well it's obviously from James," I giggled when I saw the tag on it.

I took off the wrapping paper and put it aside, then glanced at the white box.
I opened the box, and gasped.

It was the same necklace in the jewelry store from the day he took me shopping.

"Oh my god- you shouldn't have." I told him.

"No shh, it's a gift." He said.

It was so pretty and delicate, I would treasure it forever.

Handing him the necklace, I then turned around and moved my hair so he could put it on me.

He clasped the chain, and I smiled as it dangled from my neck.

After eating some more pizza and cake, we all went back out and skated for the remaining hour we had left.

□■□■□■□■□■

"Thank you so much, I love this." I told James as I sat in his lap in the treehouse later that day.

"You're welcome, I knew you'd love it." He replied, running his fingers through my hair.

"Oh my god- I totally forgot, Piper and Jade wanna hangout. I'm sorry." I said, remembering that we planned to hang out.

"It's okay, go have fun. It's your birthday." He said, kissing me once before getting up to leave.

I pulled out my phone and texted them, saying we could meet up at the frozen yogurt shop.

I grabbed my stuff from inside and drove to the shop.

"Hey guys!" I greeted Jade and Piper and gave them both a hug.

"Hey! Happy birthday." Piper smiled at me.

"Do you feel any older?" Jade asked, laughing.

"No," I grinned and filled up my bowl with salted caramel frozem yogurt.

They finished filling up their bowls while I got toppings on mine.

I got gummy bears, sprinkles, cherries, and twix.

It seemed like a lot, but hey it was my birthday. I deserved it.

I paid and sat down at a table.

"Man I wish my birthday would come soon." Jade sighed, takong a bite of her yogurt.

Her birthday was in the middle of July.

I took another bite, before pulling out my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

I took a selfie with them, then we all finished off our yogurt.

We all said goodbye and I drove home? planning to spend the rest of my birthday with James.

He called and told me he was on his way over, so I got excited and climbed up to the treehouse.

I started watching a movie until he got here.

"Hey gorgeous." He said, opening the door to the treehouse.

"Babee." I smiled.

He kicked off his shoes and sat beside me, putting his arm around me.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"Bring It On," I answered "Although I won't be paying much attention to the tv since you're here now."

He laughed, shaking his head before kissing my temple.

I grinned, before turning over and planting myself on his lap.

"Well hey," He smiled at me.

I giggled before playing with his hair.

He leaned up and kissed me, letting his hands rest on my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back before he moved down to my neck.

He kissed and sucked on my neck, making me blush bright red.

"Happy birthday babygirl," He whispered.