[2] Of Their Own Accord: Part 1

Hunter chased the soldier until he felt a sharp pain in his back. Hunter's world faded into black. Wade goes to Vickie.

"Head Advisor Vickie, we got him."

"Is he alive?"

Vickie walks over to Wade.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Bene Acto. Bring him to the dungeon. Make sure no one, no one, sees you. Meet up with the other mercenaries when you are done. We must discuss the plan with the cruadds."

Wade follows the orders. He then joins the other soldiers to discuss the Ritual's second day event, Recruitment.

The council consists of five men: John Laurinaitis, Booker T, Paul Heyman, William Regal and Eric Bischoff. Vickie assembles meetings and attends only because she's an advisor to the queen and princess. Eric Bischoff, one of Vince's most trusted council members, returns from his short-lived vacation.

"How many tryouts are there?"

Eric asks Regal.

"16. The required amount is 16."

"Good. When do we meet them?"

"High noon. We're following the requirements of the ritual."

"I know, Heyman."

"I've trained them to the best of my abilities. They're in good shape and--"

Booker gets interrupted by Laurinaitis.

"I've made sure myself that all the tryouts are prepared.

"I only want the top four to advance."

Eric states.

"But the ritual requires 8 to advance and to square."

"We're the council, we can make amendments."

"Councilman Bischoff, we must do what the ritual requires."

"Why? Why we must we follow the ritual, Booker?"

"Councilman--"

"Shut the hell up, Heyman."

"We must follow the ritual so we can honor Vince."

Understood, Regal. Contact me when the ritual is ready."

"What do we do about Stephanie? She still has to get married."

Vickie rolls her eyes.

"To whom does she get married to?"

"I am her suitor."

Eric laughs.

"The Stephanie I know would never marry you but I guess things change."

Laurinaitis becomes angered but decides not to show it, instead he smiles.

Eric adjourns the meeting then dismisses everyone. Vickie whispers in Laurinaitis's ear then proceeds to leave the palace.

Sasha, one of the maids, runs to the palace with news to share with Stephanie. Stephanie picks what to wear for later tonight when she sees Hunter. Sasha runs in.

"What in the name of... Sasha? Sasha what's wrong?"

"I... saw... Hunter.. and... Vickie... and... some tall guy with black hair."

"Hold on... Hold on... Relax. What happened?"

Sasha attempts to catch her breathe.

"I was picking grapes in the orchard and I saw some tall guy with black hair and he knocked out Nobleman Hunter and put him in a cage and..."