[IV. 32] Genesis II: Come Hell or High Water

Sasha stares at Stephanie from behind only to avoid eye contact with him.
"I can't wait any longer. I need to speak with you."
"Chill, Sergeant. The Queen has almost started her announcement. "
"Sasha, please."
"What? You want me to listen to you after what you did to me? You cheated on me, Roman. You inconsiderately betrayed all the love I had for you! You broke me. What do you want from me? I have nothing. All of a sudden you feel terrible so you want me to follow you around and be your bitch again? I can't do that. I won't do that. Leave me be, Rome. Please."
"I want you. I will wait for you. I don't care how long it takes. I'm willing to do anything just to have you back."
"I don't want you."
"You don't mean that."
"Yes, I do."
She fixes her eyes back on Stephanie. Stephanie checks for any errors in her announcement before commencing the announcement. She smiles as she thinks about Aurora being queen one day. Roman steps closer to Sasha.
"Tell me you have no feelings for me. Tell me that you don't love me and that you have never loved me and I'll go. I'll leave and never return. You will never have to see me again. Tell me!"
"Rome... Sergeant Roman, this is a business setting. Please act professionally."
"Sasha, tell me that you don't —"
"I don't love you. I have never loved you. You broke me. Because of you, I envy every woman who has an innocent heart. I hate you."
Roman shakes his head.
"Nooooo. No. No."
Sasha backs away from him.
"Leave, Roman."
"I'll leave but remember this."
He grabs her hand, pulls her close and kisses her. Sasha feels his masculine warmth and melts into his chest. Sasha breaks the kiss.
"Tell me."
Sasha pushes him away.
"I didn't feel anything. I'd tell you to be a man of your word and leave but our army needs you. There are men more suitable but Queen Stephanie chose you. I guess you'll have to do."
Roman's unfavorable temper overtakes him and he storms out. Sasha leans against the wall and lets her tears fall. She cleans herself off and heads down into the marketplace. 

"Guardsmen, tell the people that the announcement from the Queen will be postponed until tonight."

~~~
Seth gathers a few belongings for his daily expedition. Finn stops him.
"Finn... is everything alright?"
I have a bad feeling about today.
"What? What did you feel?"
Storm. There's a storm coming. Something bad is gonna happen soon.
"Come Hell or high water, I'm going to find Paige today."
Don't go alone. It is not safe.
"Then come with me."
Finn looks down.
No, I'm useless.
"Don't listen to that bitch! That shit stain of a Queen doesn't know you... not like I do. Finn, you're unbelievably talented. Don't let her determine your value. Besides, you're the only family I got. We got us. Everyone else is gone. Sasha and Roman changed and left but you... you stayed. This is all we got. Come on, Finn. Come with me. We're gonna find Paige and we're gonna save the world... again."
Finn nods and begins to pack. A faint, light smile comes appears on Finn's face.

Later that night...

Stephanie comes back into the meeting room and fixes a couple of mistakes in her speech. 

"OK. That looks about right." 

She then rereads her speech before walking back up onto the balcony.

"Guardsman, sound the announcement horn."

Seth places his bag near the door and lets a deep breathe escape his lips.

"I'll be right back. I want to go hear this announcement. When I return... we'll go."

Finn nods as Seth leaves.

Moments Later...

Stephanie smiles as she looks down at her people, her kingdom. She clears her throat and sets down her script.  Seth, in the middle of the crowd, sets his eyes on the Queen. He crosses his arms in hopes of relieving himself of this uneasy ad unsettling feeling. For a moment, Stephanie eyes him and then redirects her attention back to her script.