Chapter 13- Then

Chapter 13- Then

-Madison's POV-

"Hey babe, and get a thing of ice cream too, alright?" Ashton asked through the phone, and I smiled, giggling as I opened up the freezer door of the grocery store, standing up on the tips of my toes to reach the gallon of vanilla ice cream.

"Do Americans even eat ice cream at Thanksgiving?" I asked him. "It's like almost winter for them."

"Maybe so, but not for us!" he yelled. "We shall eat ice cream with our meal and we will enjoy it!"

"Okay, okay," I said, dropping it in the cart. "I'll be at your house soon, alright?"

"Alright," he said. "Byeeeee!"

Hanging up the phone, I giggled, turning and continuing my trek through the grocery store.

It's been almost a month since Ashton and I started dating, and I've loved every minute of it. The way he looks at me, like I'm the only girl in the world. The way he smiles at me, no matter what mood I'm in, and everything's immediately better.

Today, it was Thanksgiving over in the US, and so, being the incredibly smart person he is, Ashton wanted to try to have a Thanksgiving feast. His mum, Harry, and Lauren were going out to eat while we had his house to ourselves for dinner. So, I was left to do the grocery shopping.

"Hey, Madison right?" a voice asked from behind me, and I spun around to face none other than Luke Hemmings himself.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Madison, Maddy, whatever."

"I'm Luke," he said. "You're Ashton Irwin's girlfriend, right?" I nodded, and he continued. "Well, I'm not entirely sure if Ashton told you or not, but we've been trying to get him to join our band, Five Seconds of Summer."

"Yeah, he told me." I nodded. "Has been telling me for months. What does it have to do with me?"

"You're the closest person to him," he explained. "Would you think about convincing him to join?"

"I don't know," I told the younger boy uneasily.

"Come on, Mad," Luke pleaded. "You know how much he loves drumming. And, sadly, I know he won't join the band because he can't stand us. Please, help us change his mind."

"I'll think about it," I told him, looking out the grocery store window to see Ashton's car coming down the street as he came to pick me up.

"Thanks, Maddy," Luke smiled. "You won't regret it, I promise."

"Hope not," I said, walking away from the blonde boy to pay for the groceries, then walked outside to stuff them in Ashton's trunk. When all the groceries were put away, I hopped in the passenger seat, seeing my dirty blonde boyfriend smiling at me before leaning forward and pecking me on the lips softly.

"Hey beautiful," he said. "Got everything?"

"I think so," I told him. "Everything that was on that list you gave me, plus that gallon of ice cream you called me to get."

"Perfect," he said. "We're ready to celebrate Thanksgiving,"

****

This was it, Maddy. You could do this.

Ashton did love drumming, and joining this band could be great for him. He could even keep the younger boys in check, make sure that they weren't messing around too much, and seeing that they behaved.

Now that dinner was over, this was happy Ashton. His stomach was full, and now the TV was on, the DVD player showing us the movie Just Go With It, Ashton's arms around me and my head pressed against his chest as we watched it, laughing every now and then.

"Um, so Ashton..." I trailed off, not sure how to continue.

"What is it?" he asked, looking down at me.

I sat up from my spot on the couch, looking at him and not entirely sure how to continue. I had to choose my words right here, or everything would fall apart. I know Ashton would never want to do this on his own, which was why I had to convince him.

"So, you really, really love drumming, right?" I asked him, and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Of course I do," he said.

"Well..." I trailed off again.

"What's going on, Maddy?" he asked suspiciously.

"Have you ever thought about, you know, maybe joining a band or something?" I asked him.

"Like what band? The only band I know that's looking for a drummer is Five Seconds of Summer, and you know there's no way in hell I'm doing that." he said, and looked at my expression, his eyes widening and his head shaking violently back and forth. "Oh no. No, no, no, no."

"Oh, come on!" I told him, hopping up from the couch into a standing position.

"Why do you want me to do this?" he asked, confused as he stood up as well.

"Because you're so talented, and I feel like there's a band out there who needs you. That band is them." I told him.

"Which one of them talked you into doing this?" he asked me.

"Luke," I said simply, and his hands clenched tightly into fists as he sighed.

"I really don't want to do this," he said.

"I know you don't, and you really don't have to." I told him. "But I'm saying, at least give it a try, and you may wind up loving it and becoming friends with them."

"I really don't see that happening." he stated.

"I know, but it could always happen. Please, just try it?" I asked him.

"I don't know..." he trailed off, uneasy.

"For me? Just try it, and go to one practice. If you hate it, I won't make you go back." I promised.

"Alright," he said. "I'll try it."

"That's the spirit," I told him, smiling.

"So..." he trailed off.

"So what?" I asked him, smirking.

"Can we kiss now?" he asked, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet.

"Of course," I said, and he didn't hesitate before wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me.