Chapter 29- Then

Chapter 29- Then

-Madison's POV-

"So, what are you doing today, babe?" he asked through the phone.

"I don't know," I sighed, my phone in one hand and the other on my hip, shrugging slightly. "Good studio day so far?"

"Yeah," he said, and I could practically hear him smiling. "We were practicing together as a band, but then Luke and Cal starting messing around, so I called you. And now my day has gotten a thousand times better."

"Ash, you're such a cheeseball," I giggled. "But I love you, so it's okay."

"Well, I'm glad you love me, Madison," he said, "Because otherwise, it'd be sort of depressing."

"It'd be very depressing, actually." I confirmed. "So, I think today I might be going out, maybe getting some groceries. I'll definitely be missing you, as I have ever since you left for touring."

"I know babe, I miss you too." he said. "But I'll only be her in LA for another week, then we're home and I'm all yours, I promise."

"Good," I said, a smile forming on my face. "Because it's not the same here without you. I saw mom and siblings the other day."

"And how are they?" he asked nervously.

"They're fine," I informed him. "But they really miss you, like I do."

"Well, like I said, I'll be home in a week, and then I'm all yours. Maybe Harry's and Lauren's too for a bit, but mainly yours."

"That's fine with me," I said, hopping into my car. "I gotta go, babe, I'll talk to you later."

"Alright," he said. "Bye, love you,"

"Love you too," I said, hanging up the phone.

****

"I can't do this anymore," I said, pacing back and forth around the living room as Anne watched me from her spot in the recliner.

"Maddy, I can't imagine how you must be feeling," she said, standing up and walking over to me, hugging me tightly as a tear slipped from my eye.

"Anne, I have to tell him." I said, wiping the tear away. "I'll Skype him when I get home, I don't know. I just don't know how he'll react."

"And that's exactly why you wanted to do it in person." she finished for me.

"But I can't wait a whole 'nother two months." I said.  "I'm gonna run to the store and grab some groceries, but why don't I meet you, Harry, and Lauren somewhere for dinner later?"

"That sounds lovely," Anne said, walking with me towards the front door, and hugging me once I'd gotten there. "Should we say that diner on Seventh at six?"

"Sounds perfect," I told her, walking out the door and towards my car, waving to her as I backed down the driveway and towards the supermarket.

***

Taking a sip of the Kiwi Strawberry Snapple in my cupholder, I recapped it and set it back down as the light turned green, me continuing my drive home. Traffic wasn't too bad, so I'd probably arrive home within the next fifteen minutes.

I was practically cruising finally, except for the car in front of me, which finally turned into the parking lot of the building off the road. But what I saw after the car left was beyond me.

The car speeding the opposite direction.

In my lane.

I tried to turn off the road, like the car before me, but it hit my car, sending everything spinning until I blacked out.

****

Waking up, I realized two things:

1. It was slightly chilly in here.

2. This was not my room.

Seriously, where the hell am I?

"Hello?" I asked, sitting up from the ground I had previously been sleeping on.

"Hello," a voice said calmly, and I turned to see a young man that seemed to be sitting on air cross-legged, a young man I hadn't noticed before. Looking at him closer, I recognized him as somebody that I knew very well.

"Luke?" I asked in disbelief.

"Luke?" he asked. "No, I'm not Luke."

"Well... you sure look like Luke." I told him.

He shook his head, never once leaving his position from sitting in the thin air. "If I look like somebody you know, I'm pretty sure it's just for comfort. My name is Milo, and I'm the guardian of this area."

"This area?" I asked. "Well, not to be rude, but... where the hell am I?"

"You're on the line." he said.

So, this was incredibly short, but at this point there wasn't much else I could add. This is the final 'Then' chapter of OTL, because now it's caught up to the present. The final chapter will be posted soon, and then after that, the epilogue.

-xoxo Liv